I4 wheels

Honeywell

Reaction score
Do we know what the base i4 wheel (no cost option) will be? Is it likely to be the same as the the V6 or something totally new?

Only I am hankering after getting whatever comes free powdered coated into a bronze/gold colour (on a Magma or hopefully bright red paint finish). Which leads me to a supplementary question of do we have any knowledge that more than the six current colours will be available by the time the non FE i4 cars hit (I am very near the top of the deposit list but its the last model spec to be released). I am hoping to have the option of a nice black then the gold wheels and maybe some subtle matching pin striping decals for a JPS vibe.

I asked Lotus customer services if I could get a test drive of a V6 as they are available for testing at least a year ahead of the V6 and they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not confirmed yet, but I think the Base Edition wheel will be the same for i4 and V6 and will be the cast wheel seen on the Shadow Grey dynamic prototype and several other pre-production cars.

Video-of-Jenson-Button-driving-the-new-Lotus-Emira-sports-car.jpeg

The i4 First Edition will have the forged Y-spokes, same as the V6 FE.

Base Edition specs, options, colours and pricing had previously been promised for September, but I heard rumours earlier this month that had been delayed. I am trying to get confirmation.

Hodl

Reaction score
Not confirmed yet, but I think the Base Edition wheel will be the same for i4 and V6 and will be the cast wheel seen on the Shadow Grey dynamic prototype and several other pre-production cars.

Video-of-Jenson-Button-driving-the-new-Lotus-Emira-sports-car.jpeg

The i4 First Edition will have the forged Y-spokes, same as the V6 FE.

Base Edition specs, options, colours and pricing had previously been promised for September, but I heard rumours earlier this month that had been delayed. I am trying to get confirmation.
Any confirmation on Base model timelines would be appreciated @TomE. My US dealer didn't know anything but speculated delays since everything is currently pushed back.

OP
Honeywell

Honeywell

Reaction score
Good I like those base cast wheels.

Similar question, what’s the default (free) brake caliper colour?