8/15 Factory Tour

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It would only be £10k if the starting price was £100k. Realistically I can see an increase of £5k-£6k. I doubt Lotus really wants to raise the price though, because it's largely due to the price point that the Emira has received so many deposits/orders. The closer the starting point gets to £100k, then they're right back where the Evora was, and sales would suffer. The Emira doesn't really have the performance power to be in that price range, and even if it did, now it's solidly up against Porsche and some heavy-hitter competition. They're not that type of company to be in that league; at least not at the present time.
Yup they simply cannot afford to put the price up anymore than the equivalent Porsche (and their prices are going up in 2023)
If I was Geely I'd be holding the pricing and what I lose in profit Id make up in future servicing, goodwill and brand loyalty towards future models

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yup they simply cannot afford to put the price up anymore than the equivalent Porsche (and their prices are going up in 2023)
If I was Geely I'd be holding the pricing and what I lose in profit Id make up in future servicing, goodwill and brand loyalty towards future models
Yes, since it is their last ICE model, they may choose to use it as somewhat of a loss leader to bring in customers for their electric offerings.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, since it is their last ICE model, they may choose to use it as somewhat of a loss leader to bring in customers for their electric offerings.
IF the ownership proposition is a good one.. 🤦 Imagine how many owners will get the missus an Eletre or trade the Emira in for the new electric equivalent.
Makes sense to get as many bums in seats as they possibly can
They drastically need to sort out their D2C model though as it is beyond lacking, it is currently non existent!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
IF the ownership proposition is a good one.. 🤦 Imagine how many owners will get the missus an Eletre or trade the Emira in for the new electric equivalent.
Makes sense to get as many bums in seats as they possibly can
They drastically need to sort out their D2C model though as it is beyond lacking, it is currently non existent!
Right. I think once cars are in production and revenue starts flowing in, we'll hopefully see these other areas start to show some improvements. Right now they've got to be under serious pressure to start making some money.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Right. I think once cars are in production and revenue starts flowing in, we'll hopefully see these other areas start to show some improvements. Right now they've got to be under serious pressure to start making some money.
They have seriously underestimated what it takes.
AT LEAST 60% of it should be in place now. If I'm being kind they have 5%

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone taken the tour recently?

Would love to know what, if any, activity is taking place.