Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
i personally take what CS say with a pinch of salt nowadays.

So many times have they confirmed there wont be any further delays, this is it, you're one of the earliest orders etc and you'll be "right up there"... etc and yet , further delays came and they cant answer why.....

The left hand doesnt speak to the right hand at Lotus (as in most places) , CS are in the dark and shouldnt be making any forecasts or promises
of course..salt and indeed pepper....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
i personally take what CS say with a pinch of salt nowadays.

So many times have they confirmed there wont be any further delays, this is it, you're one of the earliest orders etc and you'll be "right up there"... etc and yet , further delays came and they cant answer why.....

The left hand doesnt speak to the right hand at Lotus (as in most places) , CS are in the dark and shouldnt be making any forecasts or promises
she did seem quite certain and had perhaps been asked before how definite it was... so while I am in full agreement, I think its now 60.40 rather than 50.50

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
By the way, I believe someone said... could have been on here or some youtuber, Jayemmm, that new allocations for 718 spyder or GT4's were going unsold in UK, untrue. A typical dealer gets about 10 a year and they are invite only.
Also, wait time for the soon to be released 992.2 in the UK will be around 2 years. So when we think that the Emira is a success, which it is so far, its not really troubling the other guys.
I have to say, a 992 hybrid which could do about 30/40 miles on full electric, if it were the case, would indeed make a strong case for already the best daily to become the best ever daily. Did lotus miss a trick by not getting an electric motor to increase power to 500 and reduce emissions, but increase weight....
Didnt have time or inclination I know, would have been a good challenge!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
She said they dont have any production info for 2023 and so could not confirm to any customer who was "right down below somewhere, in the middle of no mans land, looking for a land mine with no body armour", when their delivery would be, but for me... supposedly, confirmed.

I'll lose my mind if my FE build gets delayed again. North America production is supposed to start in Jan with deliveries in March-May. This will be officially 1 year later than originally expected when making my deposit in July 2021. o_O

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
By the way, I believe someone said... could have been on here or some youtuber, Jayemmm, that new allocations for 718 spyder or GT4's were going unsold in UK, untrue. A typical dealer gets about 10 a year and they are invite only.
Also, wait time for the soon to be released 992.2 in the UK will be around 2 years. So when we think that the Emira is a success, which it is so far, its not really troubling the other guys.
I have to say, a 992 hybrid which could do about 30/40 miles on full electric, if it were the case, would indeed make a strong case for already the best daily to become the best ever daily. Did lotus miss a trick by not getting an electric motor to increase power to 500 and reduce emissions, but increase weight....
My super cool mate Leonard said that they think the Hybrid version of the 992.2 May only be in the turbo version which is a little disappointing.

But yes your right a very lengthy queue when the eventually open it.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
992.2 is going to be Hybrid… I have a deposit for Turbo S. expected delivery Q3 2024.
Porsche has a huge list for all 911’s & GT cars you need to have a strong history of previous purchases to get a look in…

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think adding more weight/electric motor would have been to miss the USP of a Lotus - I want Lotus to challenge Porsche, not to replicate ….

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Brief update on the process

‘‘Once your vehicle is in production you will be invited via email to our checkout process. You will receive an encrypted link to be able to view your order. During the checkout process you will be guided through your final agreement, any PCP if you wish to apply, ID checks and great range of optional extras such as paint protection. You will also be offered delivery or collection options. Once this is completed and verified we will be in touch to arrange delivery of your Emira!

There is nothing for you to action at present, and we will keep you updated with the next steps to finalise your checkout. This will be your 30-day notification to complete the checkout process.’’

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
SOOOOoooooo
I just called CS, why not?

I spoke to a girl, cant recall her name, never been good with names.... as Leonardo and Tim can confirm..
She said still on for Oct production and Nov delivery, nothing new there>. However, when she added thats confirmed and wont change, I then dag / digged / dug a little deeper.
"okay, so just to confirm, you are saying that all the parts are 100% there, ready to make the car, there is no risk of a supplier delaying again and hence delaying the build, since all the parts are physically there?"
She understood my politely made, but annoying question and confirmed production say 100%, that all the parts are there, and my car, as someone who is "right up there" (haven't heard that said about me in a while), will be produced in October and wont slip (Gerrard....terrible shame).
She said they dont have any production info for 2023 and so could not confirm to any customer who was "right down below somewhere, in the middle of no mans land, looking for a land mine with no body armour", when their delivery would be, but for me... supposedly, confirmed.

I should be getting the encrypted email ....... maybe she said soon.... so on...... maybe not.
So, I still will believe it when I see it, but for those in similar positions for Oct / Nov build, it would "seem" as if we are full steam, or warm water, ahead.
In any case, and not too unrelated but, I paid the 3000 pound deposit to get my position in the Caterham build queue today! I can only assume the large fat heavy Emira will arrive before the super model, anorexic Caterham (10-12 month waiting list).

you're welcome.....
I shouldn't say this, but I bet you enjoy speccing, waiting for and then driving your Caterham more than the Emira.... Keep us updated on spec choices. Damn I may even place a deposit myself 😅

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Good shout on the hybrid drivetrain in the Emira, that could have taken it to the next level and I still don't really know what they're doing with all that space up front that should really be a frunk 🤷

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think adding more weight/electric motor would have been to miss the USP of a Lotus - I want Lotus to challenge Porsche, not to replicate ….
You could argue though that adding a hybrid element would possibly have been more on 'new Lotus' brand than not and in turn create a newer better Lotus to challenge Porsche

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You could argue though that adding a hybrid element would possibly have been more on 'new Lotus' brand than not and in turn create a newer better Lotus to challenge Porsche
also they would have made it to market before porsche as porsche are still 2 years away perhaps from hybriding... so would not be replicating, but leading the way ;)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I shouldn't say this, but I bet you enjoy speccing, waiting for and then driving your Caterham more than the Emira.... Keep us updated on spec choices. Damn I may even place a deposit myself 😅
Yes, you bet I do... because I have 95% confidence that they will deliver within a month of when they say they will. There are more options to spec and far more colours to choose from.
The dealer will know far more than a lotus dealer does along the way and..... its almost half the price, more fun to drive, easier to park, harder to get door dings and the air con works a treat!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, you bet I do... because I have 95% confidence that they will deliver within a month of when they say they will. There are more options to spec and far more colours to choose from.
The dealer will know far more than a lotus dealer does along the way and..... its almost half the price, more fun to drive, easier to park, harder to get door dings and the air con works a treat!
I remember looking at those cars when I was a teenager, I'm not sure that they have changed much since then. I've never really looked into them, but you're starting to get me interested...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you know if the international buyers had notification that their car had gone into build or did it just turn up at the dealer ready for collection?
Mixed. At least one customer was told by the dealer their car had finished build and was about to be shipped from Hethel, but that information was inaccurate. The car was waiting missing parts and hadn't left Hethel on the date the dealer said. That car was delivered several weeks later but I don't believe it has been handed over yet - some cars are waiting on owners to return from trips away and one has an issues to be fixed.

I know some European dealers didn't know the transporter was arriving until the day before, or early on the morning of delivery.

With the uncertainties over parts supplies and Lotus trying to build nearly complete cars while they wait for shortages, I suspect most dealers don't know if a particular car is about to start build or is in production. They may know it is completed. That situation will improve as parts supplies get better and production ramps up.

It used to be possible pre-Covid to arrange to be at Hethel while your Elise/Exige/Evora was mid build and see it being built. With Emiras being only 10-12 hours elapsed build, it's going to be very hard to do that.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mixed. At least one customer was told by the dealer their car had finished build and was about to be shipped from Hethel, but that information was inaccurate. The car was waiting missing parts and hadn't left Hethel on the date the dealer said. That car was delivered several weeks later but I don't believe it has been handed over yet - some cars are waiting on owners to return from trips away and one has an issues to be fixed.

I know some European dealers didn't know the transporter was arriving until the day before, or early on the morning of delivery.

With the uncertainties over parts supplies and Lotus trying to build nearly complete cars while they wait for shortages, I suspect most dealers don't know if a particular car is about to start build or is in production. They may know it is completed. That situation will improve as parts supplies get better and production ramps up.

It used to be possible pre-Covid to arrange to be at Hethel while your Elise/Exige/Evora was mid build and see it being built. With Emiras being only 10-12 hours elapsed build, it's going to be very hard to do that.
I understand the parts delay issues are causing havoc at the factory. Other manufactures are in the same boat. However, with about a year now to sort the shortages out, and with a relatively very small vehicle output (4K cars/yr is VERY small) I am surprised the Geely did not get involved and push some muscle around. We are talking about billions of dollars in investment into Lotus (as a brand). The result is cars are trickling out, maybe less than 100 at the moment completed and shipped.

Tom have you received any communication on your build starting in October? / Have you heard from any of the September build people and if they have set a delivery date yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd say a lot less than 100 shipped, maybe under 50. More than that have been built and nearly finished but are held awaiting shortage parts.

I've had no comms about Oct build start, but am not expecting any comms specifically linked to that milestone. My car could be one of the part-built ones sitting on site waiting for a part, but I don't think so. Next comms for me should be the Protect/Enhance email and then the Checkout email about 7-10 days after that. In theory the Checkout email is 30 days before delivery, so could arrive any time between 30 Sept and 31 Oct.

I've not heard if any people who've completed Checkout have also been give a delivery date. I think most of the September folks are still waiting for the Checkout email. Delivery date should be confirmed about 2 weeks after Checkout, depending on which delivery option you pick.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would love to get some insight into actual production numbers. Some Friday thread with the week’s total - there was a really good spreadsheet on CorvetteForum tracking the 2020 C8 builds. My napkin math says Lotus should be completing about 85 cars a week but is actually completing less than 10. Those numbers add up quick and my guess is US deliveries are going to slip further into/past summer 2023. Would love to be wrong.

OUI131

Reaction score
I'd say a lot less than 100 shipped, maybe under 50. More than that have been built and nearly finished but are held awaiting shortage parts.

I've had no comms about Oct build start, but am not expecting any comms specifically linked to that milestone. My car could be one of the part-built ones sitting on site waiting for a part, but I don't think so. Next comms for me should be the Protect/Enhance email and then the Checkout email about 7-10 days after that. In theory the Checkout email is 30 days before delivery, so could arrive any time between 30 Sept and 31 Oct.

I've not heard if any people who've completed Checkout have also been give a delivery date. I think most of the September folks are still waiting for the Checkout email. Delivery date should be confirmed about 2 weeks after Checkout, depending on which delivery option you pick.
So Tom, are these part finished cars sitting outside? if so hopefully some kind of protection? cos mine won’t be out in bad weather once I have it.