Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Even David Beckham waits in line in the UK, I saw today for HM Queen. An amazing showing of respect from the people of the UK. Will be paying our respects from Canada on Monday.
Yes David Beckham stood in the queue like the rest. And fair play to him. On the flip side, did you also see the bad feelings that a queue jumping Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby caused 🤔

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, but how did he get to queue jump probably hundreds of earlier deposit holders. I have to say, it should on a be a first come first served served basis. I do feel that this is extremely unfair to earlier deposit holders. So on that basis, someone putting a deposit down today, are they going to get their car before us? Probable answer, yes. As early deposit holder are deemed unimportant customers to customers, so it seems from where I am standing. After this, I am seriously considering my options 🤔
I think there were a LOT of Emira deposits made because they saw the Lotus approach to ordering genuinely refreshing when compared to Porsche and the like.
It's been pretty clear for a while though that "ForTheDrivers" is just marketing spin and doesn't actually have any basis on how you will be treated. And now this deposit lottery just adds salt to that wound. In hindsight that Porsche deposit would have been the better bet, who knew..
As an aside I pre-ordered a new watch from a Japanese start up a month ago. Just had my first update thanking me again for my order and showing me some interesting shots of production under way. It doesn't take much to keep customers informed and engaged. If a start up can do it with a 500 pound product, then...

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Its called Fraud.........when you take someone's money in exchange for goods or services you know you cannot provide in part or full as agreed.

When they took your money.......they DID not have the parts, and they knew it. They did not have the parts as of Jan 1 2022 and still don't have them all now. Nor did they have the trained staff to build the car.

Another reason for lateness of deliveries is the little known fact that the work force are jarred off. They've had people leaving left right and centre because they're FED UP standing about doing nothing, getting moaned at for it, and assembling what they can......just to be told to disassemble it again so something else can be fitted instead. Agency staff cant get a full time contract......so then they get fed up and leave........and their replacements end up doing the same several months later.

Company has a scheme going for staff. If any staff member can bring ANYONE into the business who is in a special skill set......then that employee will get up to £500.00.

Not one employee who has done so can get their money.
And that’s exactly why I’m trying to get out of a contract they told me was non refundable. Lotus are run accordingly to profits and nothing else.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think there were a LOT of Emira deposits made because they saw the Lotus approach to ordering genuinely refreshing when compared to Porsche and the like.
It's been pretty clear for a while though that "ForTheDrivers" is just marketing spin and doesn't actually have any basis on how you will be treated. And now this deposit lottery just adds salt to that wound. In hindsight that Porsche deposit would have been the better bet, who knew..
As an aside I pre-ordered a new watch from a Japanese start up a month ago. Just had my first update thanking me again for my order and showing me some interesting shots of production under way. It doesn't take much to keep customers informed and engaged. If a start up can do it with a 500 pound product, then...
Exactly, i ordered a new Caterham in kit form in January 2004. I had regular updates and they even took pictures of the various stages of the car in the factory. It was delivered in April 2004 as agreed with no problems at all. So if a small company like Caterham can do this, why cant Lotus, a much larger company do the same?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
interesting that he's said that.

How come he wasn't already here pre-delivery?

Makes no sense.
Despite the forum being a huge source of Emira-related information, not all customers are on here. Some are even using Facebook still ;)

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Possible not - he posted on Facebook "Sorry not sorry" when asked about it
Well I personally would not have the car before people with earlier deposits, no question. And to say that, well, definitely rubbing a whole lot of salt into the wounds of people on here with very early deposits. To think he hasn't even been waiting a year, and to say what he has said.😡

OUI131

Reaction score
I am considering a Porsche myself. I visited a couple of dealers and they could not have been more helpful. I stark contrast to Lotus.
Mmmm tried to order a GT3 touring in the UK basically to be told I have no chance, porche dealer in France said no problems 5 months wait, I guess porche are deliberately restricting GT3 deliveries to the UK so porche UK’s mates can flip a few quid

Flashback

Reaction score
Despite the forum being a huge source of Emira-related information, not all customers are on here. Some are even using Facebook still ;)
I get that, Tom.

But if this forum member is implying that the reason this customer isn't here is because of the comments about his delivery, then surely he'd have to have been here prior to delivery in order to have made the decision to not be here any more?

Point being, the person saying that the reason he's not here is because XYZ has no basis for making this claim.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Its called Fraud.........when you take someone's money in exchange for goods or services you know you cannot provide in part or full as agreed.

When they took your money.......they DID not have the parts, and they knew it. They did not have the parts as of Jan 1 2022 and still don't have them all now. Nor did they have the trained staff to build the car.

Another reason for lateness of deliveries is the little known fact that the work force are jarred off. They've had people leaving left right and centre because they're FED UP standing about doing nothing, getting moaned at for it, and assembling what they can......just to be told to disassemble it again so something else can be fitted instead. Agency staff cant get a full time contract......so then they get fed up and leave........and their replacements end up doing the same several months later.

Company has a scheme going for staff. If any staff member can bring ANYONE into the business who is in a special skill set......then that employee will get up to £500.00.

Not one employee who has done so can get their money.
o_O Wow, this is rather disconcerting to say the least!

I am not sure whether we are to deduce that you are an ex-employee of Lotus or an employee who is rather disgruntled at the goings on at Lotus at present, or are someone known to someone who is, but either way, your post has been rather a 'shock to the system' to say the least (at least to me).

It is, after all, a matter of principle that one expects a high degree of transparency when conducting business, even though it may be difficult at times, especially when there may be many unknowns. If so, then it is better to be up front and communicate with customers, and ensure that they are briefed of the situation or the circumstances at hand.

Food for thought, and time to ponder... :unsure:

Last edited:

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
o_O This is rather disconcerting to say the least!

I am not sure whether we are to deduce that you are an ex-employee of Lotus or an employee who is rather disgruntled at the goings on at Lotus at present, but either way your post has been rather a 'shock to the system' to say the least (at least to me). It is, after all, a matter of principle.

Food for thought, and time to ponder... :unsure:
What ever side of the fence people want to sit, it’s all noise.
Lotus have promised a great daily drivable allrounder at a fair price, we are all having to wait longer than expected because the world is in a mess. Accept it or move on imo

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Given the current situation, I feel very sorry for the Lotus engineers in manufacturing trying to undertake meaningful work through the factory line with the supply chain chaos going on. Everyone still wants to get paid when no cars are going out the door and remain employed. People have mortgages and their own expenses to cover and having a variable income is highly stressful. Staff on contract are no doubt the first to feel the pinch with shifts being cancelled.

This is the unfortunate (and harsh) reality in many manufacturing businesses right now. We're lucky Lotus hasn't gone under given the lack of cash flow, continual outgoing expenses to keep things running and the spotty, highly dynamic supply chain. In the middle of all this, Lotus manufacturing employees are suffering and frustrated which is hardly surprising and I feel for them. This situation isn't exclusive to Lotus by the way - its happening across almost all manufacturing businesses.

To all those in Lotus manufacturing reading this, please keep up the awesome work, remain positive and thank you. You're the ones who make this all possible for us! I'm not going to whine and moan about my car being late or about not getting it in a specific delivery order. It will arrive when it arrives.

This whole situation has made me even more determined to hang in there so that all those awesome Lotus manufacturing employees remain employed with Lotus, have a regular income stream and can support their families.

#fortheemployees

G

Guest142

Given the current situation, I feel very sorry for the Lotus engineers in manufacturing trying to undertake meaningful work through the factory line with the supply chain chaos going on. Everyone still wants to get paid when no cars are going out the door and remain employed. People have mortgages and their own expenses to cover and having a variable income is highly stressful. Staff on contract are no doubt the first to feel the pinch with shifts being cancelled.

This is the unfortunate (and harsh) reality in many manufacturing businesses right now. We're lucky Lotus hasn't gone under given the lack of cash flow, continual outgoing expenses to keep things running and the spotty, highly dynamic supply chain. In the middle of all this, Lotus manufacturing employees are suffering and frustrated which is hardly surprising and I feel for them. This situation isn't exclusive to Lotus by the way - its happening across almost all manufacturing businesses.

To all those in Lotus manufacturing reading this, please keep up the awesome work, remain positive and thank you. You're the ones who make this all possible for us! I'm not going to whine and moan about my car being late or about not getting it in a specific delivery order. It will arrive when it arrives.

This whole situation has made me even more determined to hang in there so that all those awesome Lotus manufacturing employees remain employed with Lotus, have a regular income stream and can support their families.

#fortheemployees
Wow. Profound
My father worked on the assembly line at a GM manufacturing plant for over 40yrs. I felt this in a very meaningful way as today is his late birthday. Thank you for this amazing response to the serious issues these hard working people are facing. The Emira will arrive when it arrives. And I'll ve waiting along with you. Patiently.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow. Profound
My father worked on the assembly line at a GM manufacturing plant for over 40yrs. I felt this in a very meaningful way as today is his late birthday. Thank you for this amazing response to the serious issues these hard working people are facing. The Emira will arrive when it arrives. And I'll be waiting along with you. Patiently.
You're welcome and my sincere condolences for the loss of your father. Having lost a parent myself I know it's really tough.

Sometimes we become so fixated on the product that we conveniently forget about the hard working people behind the scenes who make this all possible. All respect to them.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score

#fortheemployees
Well said!