Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My last email says “October production“. No mention of November delivery.

So I’m clinging to the hope of the implied October delivery.

Fully prepared for that hope to be cruelly dashed, like all the hopes before. 🥲

(23 June ‘20 deposit, although not sure how relevant that is anymore)
It is worrying that that there are so many October builds November deliveries, maybe Lotus believe they have the parts to ramp up to build a car every 17 minutes as mentioned on the tour or at least close to that.

I think I mentioned before that Lotus are confident that car builds that are now locked in their build schedule won’t move.

If we don’t have demo cars at the dealerships by mid this month and the first customer 30 day calls by mid to end of this month then yes we are all moved back yet again.

It could be a bumpy ride (just like the sports suspension)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Remind me when your deposit was. You’re now ahead of me for delivery. I thought you were Oct build and Nov delivery?
Yes sad times.
I was 7th July 8am
Edited to add:
I was told October by CS, but rechecked my last Lotus email and that says October production now. So we all know what that means! 😏 😅

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes sad times.
I was 7th July 8am
Edited to add:
I was told October by CS, but rechecked my last Lotus email and that says October production now. So we all know what that means! 😏 😅
I was 7th AM too and the email said October build which I confirmed with LCC meant November. Clearly the supply chain issues are massive and I'm not optimistic that will transpire. I've been telling my wife for months now that early 2023 is probable. Let's see.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Supply chain issues are a bit exaggerated. It is not as huge as people say. I have been told at Lotus its not down to big issues/parts, but down to only a few missing parts and varies per spec.

My Yaris GR came ahead of initial planned schedule 2 months ago.
And I had to rush to the dealer yesterday following a call that my New Defender also popped up way ahead of planned initial schedule in the dealer system and that I had til yesterday to lock final spec in. Sept build, Oct dealer delivery.

You will see…October / November will see many Emira’s pop up in the system and at dealers.

Last edited:

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
With it being September 1st, (although unlikely) there is the potential for some customers to begin receiving notification that their Emiras will be ready within the next 30 days.

In the latest set of comms, who is September build, October handover?

I myself am (currently) October build, November handover, so just curious to know who is likely to be contacted in September.

With it being September 1st, (although unlikely) there is the potential for some customers to begin receiving notification that their Emiras will be ready within the next 30 days.

In the latest set of comms, who is September build, October handover?

I myself am (currently) October build, November handover, so just curious to know who is likely to be contacted in September.
My last email stated I'm September production.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My last email stated I'm September production.
The email I have says October build and then says;

"As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you directly to arrange and confirm your delivery date, provide more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the final handover with you."

It looks to me that even if it starts its build week 1 of October then 30 days is probably at least mid to late September. I am not holding my breath, my reservation was pre reveal May 2021 and I was in the first batch when I spoke to LCS in July!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

James DG

Reaction score
Very helpful chap at the Lotus stand at the Hampton Court Palace Concours. For background, I ordered my Emira months ahead of the launch. He told me that I’m in the first October build batch and that it should take 3 weeks from build starting to delivery. May therefore be an October delivery. Not holding my breath but one never knows…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Useful info about the timeframe. Was the statement about being in first Oct batch based on your specific order or a general view that some/many/all pre-reveal depositors were in that batch?

Previous info I had suggested there were about 120 pre-reveal folks and they now seem to be spread across Sept, Oct and Nov build months.

James DG

Reaction score
Useful info about the timeframe. Was the statement about being in first Oct batch based on your specific order or a general view that some/many/all pre-reveal depositors were in that batch?

Previous info I had suggested there were about 120 pre-reveal folks and they now seem to be spread across Sept, Oct and Nov build months.
Hi Tom. Specific to my order looked up on the laptop. Extremely helpful guy. Customer service tip - email me some free tickets and invite me to the stand for a drink. Fourth Lotus and very early Emira adopter. Doesn’t take much and I’m a sucker for that stuff!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's helpful. They won't give out that info when you call them. It was similar at Goodwood - laptop of info and very helpful staff but then info not available if you called LCC afterwards. Maybe I have to drive over to Concours and find out! Your deposit was at B&C at the same time as me and sixth Lotus for me. Was your invitation from Lotus or B&C?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Lotus statement on Thursday on the Lotus website, with regards to the launch of the "E-commerse site for parts, accessories and merchandise". The last line of that court my eye. It says " parts.lotuscars.com will significantly improve our already outstanding levels of service, making that easier than ever" I think we will be the judge of that.🤔

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did anyone see the Lotus statement on Thursday on the Lotus website, with regards to the launch of the "E-commerse site for parts, accessories and merchandise". The last line of that court my eye. It says " parts.lotuscars.com will significantly improve our already outstanding levels of service, making that easier than ever" I think we will be the judge of that.🤔
Canadians have no way of ordering Lotus merch online unfortunately. :( Too bad, I really wanted a t-shirt lol