Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So, we are now well into August and, given the lack of an email update or any 30 day calls, it must mean that they still don't know for sure when they are going to have the parts to build the first batch of cars. That first batch for September delivery was, what, only about 140 cars, and this from a factory which is supposed to be ramping up to 5000+ a year? I wonder if they will they get anywhere near that figure in 2023?

I guess we are looking at October earliest now for the first batch. I am hoping for an Indian summer so I'll at least get a chance to run the car in before it gets tucked away for winter. And on a positive note, it still sounds like dealers will have demo cars fairly imminently, so a test drive might be on for later this month :)
5000 a year? The way things are looking it will be a case of carry on where we left of with the 3 E's. So it's back to 1600 ish for the foreseeable then.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They have part-built some of cars in the first batch - I'd heard rumours of 25-30 about two weeks ago. They can't finish and deliver them until some ancillary parts are delivered - things like sun visors, tailpipe finishers and washer fluid caps.

If those shortage parts turn up then in theory they could complete those cars very quickly.

I don't know if they're still building incomplete cars with the parts they do have, to stockpile more of the 120 in batch one. I heard yesterday there was very little activity in the production hall and possibly a temporary shutdown. Lotus used to do a summer shutdown every year for two weeks, so may have gone ahead with that to get staff holidays out of the way before more parts turn up.

As we all keep saying, Lotus please just tell us what's going on.
Hi Tom, do you know where the 30 or so part built cars are being stored. IE outside or maybe in the, I guess, in the now cleared 3 E's production hall?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I was at Hethel in Jan they had a temporary covered holding area between the visitor centre and the track. Like a giant marquee.

At the time it was holding the non-UK Final Edition Elises and Exiges plus a number of the validation Emiras that had parts shortages.

It could probably hold about 50 cars and there is space on site to add another similar structure if required. Or they could just park them around the site temporarily.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As long as he is genuine about the price, thats ok with me. With regards to "a few weeks to a bit longer", does few and bit come in the same category as soon, in Lotus speak.
It's a scale:
  • Last year
  • Last quarter
  • Last month
  • Last week
  • Yesterday
  • Today
  • Soon
  • Next week
  • Soon
  • A few weeks
  • Soon
  • A bit longer
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • We can't give you precise information on timing at the moment
  • Never

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's a scale:
  • Last year
  • Last quarter
  • Last month
  • Last week
  • Yesterday
  • Today
  • Soon
  • Next week
  • Soon
  • A few weeks
  • Soon
  • A bit longer
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Never
As I thought, I will have to
It's a scale:
  • Last year
  • Last quarter
  • Last month
  • Last week
  • Yesterday
  • Today
  • Soon
  • Next week
  • Soon
  • A few weeks
  • Soon
  • A bit longer
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Soon
  • Never
As I thought. I will have to contact CS to send me a Lotus dictionary, so I can better understand them.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I was at Hethel in Jan they had a temporary covered holding area between the visitor centre and the track. Like a giant marquee.

At the time it was holding the non-UK Final Edition Elises and Exiges plus a number of the validation Emiras that had parts shortages.

It could probably hold about 50 cars and there is space on site to add another similar structure if required. Or they could just park them around the site temporarily.
Just wondering. As it could be weeks, months, years till we get our cars. I didn't really want them to be out in the elements for such a long time.

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am literally starting to see this Company as a complete joke but I’m way too far down the line now to bail. If I had known this was going to be the Lotus journey, suffice to say I’d of invested my hard earned 💰 in a Company more worthy as these guys can’t even get the basics right and certainly don’t improve - do they even want to ? makes me wonder 💭
Let's be honest, this company IS a complete joke. So insanely disrespectful (and stupid) to take deposits from prospective customers and then act as if they don't exist. Nobody would put up with this sh*t from another person in their life, so why should Lotus be different. If I could get my deposit back, I'd be gone. Frankly, I'm so put off by Lotus at this point, I am going to flip the car the moment it arrives. I should have taken the GTS slot I turned down to join this Circus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i will see tomorrow if any cars laying around outside, i cant see that being the case.. but i will look around while driving at 59mph down the straight

There have been some pictures showing complete and part-built cars dotted around the site, but they look like they're only there for a short time rather than parked up for storage.

The cars inside the holding area in January were all individually covered with a car cover as well as being under the roof of the holding area.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You know they designed them to be used outside? :)
Yes, but my mates S2 Elise Sportsracer had his engine go, it has been outside for 5-6 years and it is not looking good. He had a priest round last months to give it the last rights.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am literally starting to see this Company as a complete joke but I’m way too far down the line now to bail. If I had known this was going to be the Lotus journey, suffice to say I’d of invested my hard earned 💰 in a Company more worthy as these guys can’t even get the basics right and certainly don’t improve - do they even want to ? makes me wonder 💭
I have been in Norfolk for a couple of days. Many of the locals class Lotus as the biggest joke in Norfolk. Says a lot really, don't you think.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What makes you think we will ever get our cars..... ? mwahahahaha:devilish:
Yes, sorry guys, don't know what same over me. Delusion/optimistic. For a minute there I thought we were dealing with a Germanic style highly efficient company. But then the realisation hit that we are dealing with Lotus. Enough said.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The first few hundred be with you before next summer. I’m certain of that. I think. Well, I wouldn’t put money on it, but there’s a good chance they’ll be delivered by then.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts