Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was told last week over the phone that an email would be sent out this week and that thursday was the preferred day for CS to send out such emails. I initially believed all I was told, including the extra months delay in receiving our cars, which many others doubted as they had been told something else.....I was later told elsewhere, out of CS that the email would be NEXT week, and at this point, as has been said before, you simply cant believe anything CS tell you as there is another phrase rhyming with "CS" that makes more sense....
Its beyond embarrassing that the head of this department cant get consistent answers out from their staff to the customers......
We await the mentioned and promised improvements at CS to start, I have yet to see any during the last 12 months up until this day and delayed parts are not the reason for this, far from it. Its simply communication between the heads of the department and their work at home staff, thats the starting point for consistency and then work from there onto giving actual information, be it firm or lose or best guess, but be consistent and constant and regular.... kind of like your bowel movements, which is another description for CS at this point.
I am literally starting to see this Company as a complete joke but I’m way too far down the line now to bail. If I had known this was going to be the Lotus journey, suffice to say I’d of invested my hard earned 💰 in a Company more worthy as these guys can’t even get the basics right and certainly don’t improve - do they even want to ? makes me wonder 💭

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Who’s betting that the finance interest will rise on the Lotus website seeing that the BOE has raised interest rates .5% today.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
By the way..............
Lucid Motors is forced to halve its production forecast for this year. Initially, the new manufacturer would like to produce about 12,000 to 14,000 cars this year, but that is not going to happen.

Lucid Motors says it expects to build between 6,000 and 7,000 Air by 2022. Far less than the 12,000 to 14,000 that the brand spoke of earlier. According to Lucid Motors, this has nothing to do with a lack of interest. The company says it has more than 37,000 reservations for the Air, orders that Lucid Motors estimates total just under $3.5 billion in revenue.
According to CEO Peter Rawlinson, Lucid Motors is struggling with supply chain problems. Not entirely surprising, almost all car manufacturers experience this. The CEO indicates that bottlenecks in the production process have been found and that the company is trying to eliminate it as best as possible. Lucid Motors would take on various logistics matters itself and says it has hired new seniors and ladies to smooth things out.

The top version will cost € 220.000,- in the Netherlands.....

1659643666814.png

Toyota has not had it easy this year. The group had to scale back its production targets several times due to the global chip shortage and corona lockdowns in China. Toyota was forced to close its eight Japanese factories for days earlier this year due to problems with parts supplies from China.

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
By the way..............
Lucid Motors is forced to halve its production forecast for this year. Initially, the new manufacturer would like to produce about 12,000 to 14,000 cars this year, but that is not going to happen.

Lucid Motors says it expects to build between 6,000 and 7,000 Air by 2022. Far less than the 12,000 to 14,000 that the brand spoke of earlier. According to Lucid Motors, this has nothing to do with a lack of interest. The company says it has more than 37,000 reservations for the Air, orders that Lucid Motors estimates total just under $3.5 billion in revenue.
According to CEO Peter Rawlinson, Lucid Motors is struggling with supply chain problems. Not entirely surprising, almost all car manufacturers experience this. The CEO indicates that bottlenecks in the production process have been found and that the company is trying to eliminate it as best as possible. Lucid Motors would take on various logistics matters itself and says it has hired new seniors and ladies to smooth things out.

The top version will cost € 220.000,- in the Netherlands.....

View attachment 7897

Toyota has not had it easy this year. The group had to scale back its production targets several times due to the global chip shortage and corona lockdowns in China. Toyota was forced to close its eight Japanese factories for days earlier this year due to problems with parts supplies from China.
Interesting..... something Lucid
versus the elusive Emira

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Have been waiting 10 weeks for a part from Italy for an Alpha Romeo. Was told on Friday by Alpha Romeo USA I’m # 37 on the list for that part. Communications like Lotus suck and get told the same thing every time i call to try get an update.
Told No ETA could be a month or 2 or 3 when it is shipped we will let you know
Surprise I get a call this morning letting me know the part is here and at the dealership.

Here is a thought. We can still be all surprised if Lotus sends an email telling us all FE models are produced and ready to be shipped to US. You will all have the car by November 1 :ROFLMAO:

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Have been waiting 10 weeks for a part from Italy for an Alpha Romeo. Was told on Friday by Alpha Romeo USA I’m # 37 on the list for that part. Communications like Lotus suck and get told the same thing every time i call to try get an update.
Told No ETA could be a month or 2 or 3 when it is shipped we will let you know
Surprise I get a call this morning letting me know the part is here and at the dealership.

Here is a thought. We can still be all surprised if Lotus sends an email telling us all FE models are produced and ready to be shipped to US. You will all have the car by November 1 :ROFLMAO:
10 weeks? PSSSSH, amateur. ;)

I've been waiting for................10 months so far.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the update , I thought Matt Windle was on these forums and you would think there would be a reaction to the unrest.

This is a public forum, so anyone at Lotus can read all the posts without having to register. Or they can easily register using a made up name - I know several who have.

Either Matt reads posts or someone at Lotus reads them and selective tells him. He referenced one of my posts on here when I spoke to him at Goodwood. He also used to be on some of the Facebook Lotus and Emira forums but dropped out of them several months ago. That's all fine, it's up to him if he wants to read social media or be on it visibly or invisibly as an individual.

You'd expect Lotus to be monitoring social media and taking account of customer questions, themes and feedback. But it doesn't look like they're taking much action in response to that!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Who’s betting that the finance interest will rise on the Lotus website seeing that the BOE has raised interest rates .5% today.
Yes, interest rate rise seems inevitable, just like the road tax for Emira keeps going up, 3 times I think now to date. So these delays by Lotus are definitely costing us money.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If they put the interest rates up again and then announce further delays people will start dropping out like flys. I have been promised a November delivery so if it goes beyond that I’m out.

Plan B activated.

I know some of you don’t have that luxury

I think waiting 18 months for a car even in this climate is more than fair on my part.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Personally, the wait doesn't bother me at all, as long as Lotus honour the launch price.
I want interest rates to go up to boost my retirement funds. They were around 15% when I bought my first house in 1990, and we managed as we lived within our means. Today's rates are nothing compared to that!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Personally, the wait doesn't bother me at all, as long as Lotus honour the launch price.
I want interest rates to go up to boost my retirement funds. They were around 15% when I bought my first house in 1990, and we managed as we lived within our means. Today's rates are nothing compared to that!
I agree, Matt Windle did say in that video that the price we signed up for is the price we will pay.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The current unknown is Base options pricing. I would not assume that options will be cheap, including paint colours.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, Matt Windle did say in that video that the price we signed up for is the price we will pay.
He also said he was standing in front of the first completed customer car, that the delays were “a few weeks to a bit longer” and that customers would be contacted individually in the next few weeks…

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He also said he was standing in front of the first completed customer car, that the delays were “a few weeks to a bit longer” and that customers would be contacted individually in the next few weeks…
If you watch the video carefully, you can see him slowly turning into pinocchio when he says it

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Isnt that when you buy a house for 50 quid? 😉

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you watch the video carefully, you can see him slowly turning into pinocchio when he says it
I'm sure that we all understand the supply chain difficulties which Lotus and other manufacturers are facing. It could even worsen if the Taiwan situation escalates and sanctions are applied to China by the West. What isn't acceptable is for Lotus to keep their customers in the dark and only occasionally feeding us bullxxxt. The 30 day notification is going to roll back for some time yet.

#For the mushrooms

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, we are now well into August and, given the lack of an email update or any 30 day calls, it must mean that they still don't know for sure when they are going to have the parts to build the first batch of cars. That first batch for September delivery was, what, only about 140 cars, and this from a factory which is supposed to be ramping up to 5000+ a year? I wonder if they will they get anywhere near that figure in 2023?

I guess we are looking at October earliest now for the first batch. I am hoping for an Indian summer so I'll at least get a chance to run the car in before it gets tucked away for winter. And on a positive note, it still sounds like dealers will have demo cars fairly imminently, so a test drive might be on for later this month :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They have part-built some of cars in the first batch - I'd heard rumours of 25-30 about two weeks ago. They can't finish and deliver them until some ancillary parts are delivered - things like sun visors, tailpipe finishers and washer fluid caps.

If those shortage parts turn up then in theory they could complete those cars very quickly.

I don't know if they're still building incomplete cars with the parts they do have, to stockpile more of the 120 in batch one. I heard yesterday there was very little activity in the production hall and possibly a temporary shutdown. Lotus used to do a summer shutdown every year for two weeks, so may have gone ahead with that to get staff holidays out of the way before more parts turn up.

As we all keep saying, Lotus please just tell us what's going on.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He also said he was standing in front of the first completed customer car, that the delays were “a few weeks to a bit longer” and that customers would be contacted individually in the next

As long as he is genuine about the price, thats ok with me. With regards to "a few weeks to a bit longer", does few and bit come in the same category as soon, in Lotus speak.