Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's the Evora GT tune at 416 - But detuned to 400 .... :sneaky:
The Evora GT redlined to 7000 in race I believe.... 416 HP achieved at 7K RPM... we only get 6800 RPM in sport/track.

Also note the Emira is 405 HP and 400 BHP. Evora GT was 416 HP - 410 BHP... I believe this is correct. TomE?

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That reminds me. In an interview at Goodwood last year, Matt Windle was questioned about BHP of the V6 and the i4. The interviewer said 400 and 360 respectively. Then Matt said the V6 was actually 416, ie the American Evora GT spec engine. Of which reviews have been very good. As much of the literature I have read says 400. So which is it?
It will be just shy of 400hp rated at the crank.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I will have my 416bhp 7200 rpm remap before a stripey wheel 😋
Im with you there. I have seen many reviews of the American spec Evora GT, and they are very positive. Do you know if changing the V6 Emira engine to 416 BHP is possible?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe based on all the Euro reviews they all stated 405 HP and online is 400 BHP.
HP = at the crank -- BHP = at the wheels. I may be wrong but this is how I understand it.
There's a 0% chance the Emira makes 400 WHP.

Edit: Sorry I didn't mean for that to come out sounding snarky online. For comparison, the Evora GT NA car puts down roughly 360 WHP.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Im with you there. I have seen many reviews of the American spec Evora GT, and they are very positive. Do you know if changing the V6 Emira engine to 416 BHP is possible?
Yes you can - well doesn't state Emira yet....but I am sure you can tune the Emira to get GT430 power soon enough...

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told the lower max rpm and 400hp was due to regulations and type approval - not trying to make way for a faster version (although that may happen of course)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Personally I think they should have swallowed the cost for priority deposit holders. They’ve sat on a lot of our money for over a year and not done anything ‘soft’ in terms of CRM. Zero spent. Compare tha to the dealer who makes the effort to send out personal letters with a key ring. Not complicated.

Off my own topic. In 12 months they had time to task someone with renegotiating the contract or failing that, just find a third party to do it. Plenty of good trimmers in the UK.

Never going to happen I know!
I'm in touch with a well know UK trimmer and he said he will give prices for various wheel upgrades when he can see one in person.
I did ask for forum discount as well, so hopefully deal to be done

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was told the lower max rpm and 400hp was due to regulations and type approval - not trying to make way for a faster version (although that may happen of course)
wasnt it evo that said it was 396 HP... in the end...

but whats 4 10 10 HP between friends... :)
id say until someone Dyno's it, we wont actually know for sure.... but the same as the 0-60, I think lotus will be stating things in their favor.
Anyway, I have booked my airbnb for friday night as to get to hethel for 8am saturday would mean getting up at 4am..and No, thank you

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
wasnt it evo that said it was 396 HP... in the end...

but whats 4 10 10 HP between friends... :)
id say until someone Dyno's it, we wont actually know for sure.... but the same as the 0-60, I think lotus will be stating things in their favor.
Anyway, I have booked my airbnb for friday night as to get to hethel for 8am saturday would mean getting up at 4am..and No, thank you
Drive it off track to the nearest dyno...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Drive it off track to the nearest dyno...
haha....
I will certainly be asking the guys there opionion, they will no doubt have driven various cars.. .evoras and more besides.... but they wont know numbers of course.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes you can - well doesn't state Emira yet....but I am sure you can tune the Emira to get GT430 power soon enough...

Well they did with Exige and Evora.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a 0% chance the Emira makes 400 WHP.

Edit: Sorry I didn't mean for that to come out sounding snarky online. For comparison, the Evora GT NA car puts down roughly 360 WHP.
If a 416 hp Evora is making about 360 whp, that's about a 13% drivetrain loss which is normal. That can be improved with more expensive, higher-grade gear oils in the trans and diff, which is something I'll be looking at when I get my Emira. If I can get the loss down to 10% for an engine producing 400 hp, that puts me at the same 360 whp that the 416 hp Evora has. As it is, if the Emira has the same 13% drivetrain loss, that's about 348 whp.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Not forgetting the launch Evora
Not forgetting the launch Evora in 2009 had 276 bhp at 6400rpm. To the gt430 sport had 430 at 7000rpm. I can only guess that it can produce even more than that.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If a 416 hp Evora is making about 360 whp, that's about a 13% drivetrain loss which is normal. That can be improved with more expensive, higher-grade gear oils in the trans and diff, which is something I'll be looking at when I get my Emira. If I can get the loss down to 10% for an engine producing 400 hp, that puts me at the same 360 whp that the 416 hp Evora has. As it is, if the Emira has the same 13% drivetrain loss, that's about 348 whp.
I don't personally think you're going to find a 3% drivetrain improvement in different oils, seems a bit snake oil-ish to me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That reminds me. In an interview at Goodwood last year, Matt Windle was questioned about BHP of the V6 and the i4. The interviewer said 400 and 360 respectively. Then Matt said the V6 was actually 416, ie the American Evora GT spec engine. Of which reviews have been very good. As much of the literature I have read says 400. So which is it?
Like he said in the video he was standing in front of the first customer car on 10 June? And how Stewart said at Goodwood on video that customer cars were already in production?

Until we get official, type approved, finalised figures I wouldn’t believe too much of what has been said or published with caveats.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We need to stand united and set a deadline for when enough is enough. ✊🏼

Though I'm not sure if Lotus would really care if us ~20 or so active Emira Forum members pulled their deposits and boycotted anyway.

They wouldn’t care. In fact they’d probably welcome the reduction in speculation and us grumbling about their shortcomings, if we were to cancel and drop out of the forum.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't personally think you're going to find a 3% drivetrain improvement in different oils, seems a bit snake oil-ish to me.
Depends on what they're using for the default oils. Better oils can improve the viscosity so there's less friction and resistance. If you've never done this before, you'd be surprised at how much of an improvement this can make. You notice it immediately. The car gets going easier, rolls easier, glides easier and longer before coming to a stop. You can see a 1-2 mpg gain in mileage because it takes less gas to keep the car going.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, today's the day we're supposed to get the update email, right?

giphy.gif