Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what they're using for the default oils. Better oils can improve the viscosity so there's less friction and resistance. If you've never done this before, you'd be surprised at how much of an improvement this can make. You notice it immediately. The car gets going easier, rolls easier, glides easier and longer before coming to a stop. You can see a 1-2 mpg gain in mileage because it takes less gas to keep the car going.

I had synchro issues in a couple of my past vehicles.. I think one of my Integras and my 04 STi would grind at high rev shifts between 4-5-6th. I swapped the oem trans fluid out with GM Synchromesh and it fixed the problem. 😎

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Thursday been and gone, no email yet
1659634341934.png
. there

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
so where did the rumour start in the first place ?
I was told last week over the phone that an email would be sent out this week and that thursday was the preferred day for CS to send out such emails. I initially believed all I was told, including the extra months delay in receiving our cars, which many others doubted as they had been told something else.....I was later told elsewhere, out of CS that the email would be NEXT week, and at this point, as has been said before, you simply cant believe anything CS tell you as there is another phrase rhyming with "CS" that makes more sense....
Its beyond embarrassing that the head of this department cant get consistent answers out from their staff to the customers......
We await the mentioned and promised improvements at CS to start, I have yet to see any during the last 12 months up until this day and delayed parts are not the reason for this, far from it. Its simply communication between the heads of the department and their work at home staff, thats the starting point for consistency and then work from there onto giving actual information, be it firm or lose or best guess, but be consistent and constant and regular.... kind of like your bowel movements, which is another description for CS at this point.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wrote a lengthy reply but I am over it. Yes I want the car but its not why I've been disappointed the last 12 months.
All I will say is that I hope the apparent disdain for their customers old and new is resolved.
Otherwise their D2C model is doomed to fail and with Geelys ambitions that will mean a big shakeup at Hethel.
Having purchased a used and a new Caterham, and a 2 year old S2 Elise with no problems at all. I was very excited to b
How upset would everyone be if Lotus basically just canceled the Emira, stated "it was just too challenging", and kept everyone's deposits.
I am getting a flash back to 2010, when Danny Bahar
How upset would everyone be if Lotus basically just canceled the Emira, stated "it was just too challenging", and kept everyone's deposits.
I am getting a flash back to 2010 when Dany Bahar launched 5 cars that was never going to make production. 🤣

Ian C

Reaction score
I was told last week over the phone that an email would be sent out this week and that thursday was the preferred day for CS to send out such emails. I initially believed all I was told, including the extra months delay in receiving our cars, which many others doubted as they had been told something else.....I was later told elsewhere, out of CS that the email would be NEXT week, and at this point, as has been said before, you simply cant believe anything CS tell you as there is another phrase rhyming with "CS" that makes more sense....
Its beyond embarrassing that the head of this department cant get consistent answers out from their staff to the customers......
We await the mentioned and promised improvements at CS to start, I have yet to see any during the last 12 months up until this day and delayed parts are not the reason for this, far from it. Its simply communication between the heads of the department and their work at home staff, thats the starting point for consistency and then work from there onto giving actual information, be it firm or lose or best guess, but be consistent and constant and regular.... kind of like your bowel movements, which is another description for CS at this point.
Thanks for the update , I thought Matt Windle was on these forums and you would think there would be a reaction to the unrest. I think the general view is its a fantastic car , its delayed like every other car and everyone is happy to wait but some kind of communication would be good. I registered for the newsletter but nothing ever seems to appear, , I'd settle for a once a month hi everyone this is what we are up to , even an regular insight into some part of the car anything other having to keep reading these ..nothing happening updates

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update , I thought Matt Windle was on these forums and you would think there would be a reaction to the unrest. I think the general view is its a fantastic car , its delayed like every other car and everyone is happy to wait but some kind of communication would be good. I registered for the newsletter but nothing ever seems to appear, , I'd settle for a once a month hi everyone this is what we are up to , even an regular insight into some part of the car anything other having to keep reading these ..nothing happening updates
exactly....
re Matt, i cant see that he is, and I would hope he isnt to be honest... otherwise it makes me think Lotus is really small fry and they are aiming to be muchhhhhh bigger than that. At best a young so and so should maybe be monitoring us nerds on here.. hah

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
exactly....
re Matt, i cant see that he is, and I would hope he isnt to be honest... otherwise it makes me think Lotus is really small fry and they are aiming to be muchhhhhh bigger than that. At best a young so and so should maybe be monitoring us nerds on here.. hah
Lotus Vision80 has Windle under instruction to run Lotus as if it were a late 1970s UK nationalised industry, as dictated by Li Shufu who's a known associate of Xi Jinping. This was when the union barons thought that they ran the country and were regularly seen walking up Downing Street in their crumpled and ill fitting cheap suits. Windle has form with his ill fitting jacket. The target is to forget that the customer is making a not inconsiderable purchase and to treat them with utter disdain.. Windle and Dowding are both responsible for the communications shambles, but, despite having been told on numerous occasions, they see fit not to remedy the situation. Arrogance and incompetence in equal measure. The Emira may be pretty good, shame about the people who purport to run the company.

SteveB

Reaction score
Depends on what they're using for the default oils. Better oils can improve the viscosity so there's less friction and resistance. If you've never done this before, you'd be surprised at how much of an improvement this can make. You notice it immediately. The car gets going easier, rolls easier, glides easier and longer before coming to a stop. You can see a 1-2 mpg gain in mileage because it takes less gas to keep the car going.

Does anyone know if the V6 manual gearbox is superfinished? If not then superfinishing (polishing) the gears will reduce resistance resulting in improved gear changes, increased mpg and increased hp at the wheels. However this will require stripping and rebuilding the gearbox!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts