Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here’s a helpful guide for interpreting Lotus delivery updates…
E8286C37-02D4-4DCE-A7CE-EB8420933A0A.jpeg

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
so if nobody receives a call today or tomorrow - I assume that there will not be any July deliveries?
That would seem to be their position.
Given the uncertainty at the moment in the wider supply chain, I wouldn’t be surprised if there calls next week for July delivery! They’re ready…just missing a few bits by the sounds of it.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That would seem to be their position.
Given the uncertainty at the moment in the wider supply chain, I wouldn’t be surprised if there calls next week for July delivery! They’re ready…just missing a few bits by the sounds of it.
fingers crossed for everyone due July delivery then, will be good to see pics and vids of a wide range of the different specs along with some firsthand customer reviews!!!

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
so if nobody receives a call today or tomorrow - I assume that there will not be any July deliveries?
I reckon it would be amazing PR if Lotus @Rob Borrett were to get some of the Forum leaders (also on The Lotus Forums) like @TomE into an Emira for a day or two in the real world on their own, to share their happy thoughts here, there and everywhere and get the car out there. Even a day up at Hethel and the surrounding roads would do it.

Just while we are all waiting.

Heck, I’m free too! ;)

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I reckon it would be amazing PR if Lotus @Rob Borrett were to get some of the Forum leaders (also on The Lotus Forums) like @TomE into an Emira for a day or two in the real world on their own, to share their happy thoughts here, there and everywhere and get the car out there. Even a day up at Hethel and the surrounding roads would do it.

Heck, I’m free too! ;)
I fully agree! I’ve gone from delivery due in July, to August, to now god knows when, so anything to keep similar costumers engaged would be brilliant!

Golfer1971

Reaction score

Heck, I’m free too! ;)
That would be amazing!

And after my test ride my feedback will be as follows:

„Thank you for the Emira and the test ride! It was very kind of you! Unfortunately there some delays because of so detailed reviews I need to do and you will get back the Emira very soon in the next weeks! I‘ll keep you informed! If there are arising any further questions, don‘t hesitate to get in touch with me! „

😜😎🏁

Andy

Reaction score
I was contacted a few weeks ago to advise of a September build and October delivery, however after all the comments on here i contacted Customer Care yesterday and the reply was that my build will be September and delivery in November, deposit paid 13th July 21. V6 Manual.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is the 30 day scenario even a real “thing”?

I don’t recall anything official from Lotus talking about such a timeframe.

All the comms I’ve had were the usual, vague, “in the next few weeks” type.

Was it just something someone assumed after being told something made up by someone else?

OUI131

Reaction score
this is the email I got on 13th april

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here’s a helpful guide for interpreting Lotus delivery updates…
View attachment 7080
You might even consider this the Certificate of Provence.
If you look carefully you may see a symbol for Dark Verdant
This was after all the inspiration.
Sorry if I rune'd the story for anyone.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was contacted a few weeks ago to advise of a September build and October delivery, however after all the comments on here i contacted Customer Care yesterday and the reply was that my build will be September and delivery in November, deposit paid 13th July 21. V6 Manual.
that would seem a little strange to not get the car in the month directly after the build, ie October.
Again, Id take everything with a pinch or half a cup of salt for the moment.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
this is the email I got on 13th april

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
Yep. I got that the same day.

No mention of 30 days, just “a couple of week before” the actual handover.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
ok, well, its does not seem as specific as some other people have mentioned from goodwood, so maybe its not the "official" update, but at this stage, as I said yesterday, I think the official update is still very much an approximation which is likely to change again. And only when we get the real 30 day phone call or email will anything mean much...
fingers crossed
That's the official update and as specific as most people got at Goodwood: "you were X month and are now Y month for build and Z month for delivery".

Some of us were told early/late in the month or possibly end of one month versus beginning of the next.

I agree that until we get a call to pay the balance and confirm a specific delivery date (month and day) then it's all still subject to possible further change.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
30 days has been mentioned at least once... to me anyway and I believe to others:

"Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your prompt response and have recorded your delivery preferences. Rest assured we will contact you around 30 days prior to delivery to reconfirm and agree on a date for handover."

that was back in March ;).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've had the same "around 30 days prior" email and Customer Care have said that on the phone too.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've had the same "around 30 days prior" email and Customer Care have said that on the phone toI

It was mentioned to me by CS that customers will be contacted at the 30 day mark so they can sort financing the vehicles, delivery/collection etc.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree that until we get a call to pay the balance and confirm a specific delivery date
How’s that going to work I wonder?

Cash v finance v trade in?

eg: They can’t ask for the full balance weeks in advance from a cash buyer but have a trade-in buyer pay only their price difference at that time.

Surely final payment has to be done at handover?

🤔