Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My mate had the V8. Lovely, but quite wallets on the servicing and maintenance!
Did you do OK?
From my Memory as )my banking app been down all day ) servicing £650 ish. The extended warranty -think it was £1.5k year (on low miles ) that’s why I parted ways as didn’t want to keep a car like that outside warranty. Full set of tyres ( £1k )would last 8k miles. Obviously mpg very low lol. But for a car like that I didn’t think the running costs were too bad. Agree they are a bit of ugly duckling 🐥 especially from the back view but all the carbon was 👌🏼 My only complaint is that the cover on wheel struts break ( my terminology might not be exactly right ) and it’s £1.3k repair each as u have to replace complete unit all 3 of mine broke - definite design fault and they would not cover it under warranty

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
From my Memory as )my banking app been down all day ) servicing £650 ish. The extended warranty -think it was £1.5k year (on low miles ) that’s why I parted ways as didn’t want to keep a car like that outside warranty. Full set of tyres ( £1k )would last 8k miles. Obviously mpg very low lol. But for a car like that I didn’t think the running costs were too bad. Agree they are a bit of ugly duckling 🐥 especially from the back view but all the carbon was 👌🏼 My only complaint is that the cover on wheel struts break ( my terminology might not be exactly right ) and it’s £1.3k repair each as u have to replace complete unit all 3 of mine broke - definite design fault and they would not cover it under warranty
I remember my mate needed a new headlight. Not classed as warranty 2500....

sslater006

Reaction score
Just to be clear - is it still the case that nobody has received the call to arrange delivery in 30 days time? Have I missed an announcement that there won't be any customer deliveries in July?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just to be clear - is it still the case that nobody has received the call to arrange delivery in 30 days time? Have I missed an announcement that there won't be any customer deliveries in July?
Lets put it this way, i was supposed to be July - i was told yesterday its now September delivery for me

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mcdonalds Spec

Hethel Yellow
Red Interior
V6 Manual
Black alloys
Red Cals
Tour Set up
Ah, they've just put you back as they can't bring themselves to build one in that colour combination :)

Only joking, bold is good! What in that spec would cause such a delay? Red leather maybe? Short of tour dampers? Who knows...

sslater006

Reaction score
Ah, they've just put you back as they can't bring themselves to build one in that colour combination :)

Only joking, bold is good! What in that spec would cause such a delay? Red leather maybe? Short of tour dampers? Who knows...
In Matt Windle's video last week the 'first customer car' he showed had red leather so it can't be that. Everything else looks pretty standard?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Come on China, you were building whole hospitals in a matter of days during the pandemic, surely you can get a few car parts over to the UK.

I think the new delay time frames getting thrown around have to be worst case. Lotus can't afford another slip.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's correct, no one has had the 30 day call yet. If you've got a UK deposit then you should have had an email last week with a link to a video with Matt Windle explaining that there are further delays "from a few weeks to much longer". It now looks like dealer demo cars are delayed to end July and first customer deliveries will either be late July or (more likely) into August.

Early deposits (pre-Goodwood) appear to be delayed 1-2 months, deposits at Goodwood and later look like 2-3 months. Auto gearboxes are bigger delays. First i4s also appear to be delayed into early 2023. People should get calls/emails starting from next week with more individual information.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone with a V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet? If my August/September delivery is moved out to December or worse I will regrettably be cancelling.

Sad times 😞

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone with an V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet? If my August/September delivery is moved out to December or worse I will regrettably be cancelling.

Sad times 😞
No one has had the 30 day confirmation yet to my knowledge. Tom was told mid august, but thats presumably still open to change until he gets he 30 day warning and request for payment/tradein/finance etc.
So it is, I would say, 100% unlikely anyone with auto has had the 30 day call either as that is the one confirmed component that is causing delays.....
Not to be doom and gloom, but I would think if manuals are delayed anywhere between 1-3 months, autos are looking worse and worse you would have to assume is 3-6... but I guess the auto people who were at last email July delivery, will be able to say more next week when they get an email....although as ever, it cant/wont be very specific.

Reactions: DJS

OUI131

Reaction score
No one has had the 30 day confirmation yet to my knowledge. Tom was told mid august, but thats presumably still open to change until he gets he 30 day warning and request for payment/tradein/finance etc.
So it is, I would say, 100% unlikely anyone with auto has had the 30 day call either as that is the one confirmed component that is causing delays.....
Not to be doom and gloom, but I would think if manuals are delayed anywhere between 1-3 months, autos are looking worse and worse you would have to assume is 3-6... but I guess the auto people who were at last email July delivery, will be able to say more next week when they get an email....although as ever, it cant/wont be very specific.
So can one assume that if any customer deliveries are to be in july the call will be next week, I’m just getting a bit paranoid every time my phone rings!
Also can anyone remember exactly what time (uk time) on the 6th July the site went live to make an order? Was it 2300hrs

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if I’m just in a bad mood, but today is the first time since I began this process last July that I am super f***ing pissed off now.

Not been too phased by the delays, lack of information available, low levels of communication so far etc but to send out comms only a month or so ago saying delayed by a month only to potentially multiple that in the coming weeks. Don’t make promises or assurances you can’t keep, sending out emails that your car will be June/July build ready for August and then CS calling about handover details - only to flip it on its head a few weeks later is so unprofessional.

Rant over

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not sure if I’m just in a bad mood, but today is the first time since I began this process last July that I am super f***ing pissed off now.

Not been too phased by the delays, lack of information available, low levels of communication so far etc but to send out comms only a month or so ago saying delayed by a month only to potentially multiple that in the coming weeks. Don’t make promises or assurances you can’t keep, sending out emails that your car will be June/July build ready for August and then CS calling about handover details - only to flip it on its head a few weeks later is so unprofessional.

Rant over
Whilst I feel your pain in waiting,I have to disagree.

To still be considering delivery this year,still JUST only one year after revealing the model,despite all of the logistical delays and nightmares in the world in its current state,is a pretty big achievement.

Speak to Porsche and alike,see how they are coping.

I do however agree on the customer service front,they simply aren't articulating the reasons why,clearly enough or at all.

From what I gathered on Thursday, the guys at the top are doing a sterling effort in making this happen, but it is the CS area that is letting the face of the company down, get the CS front sorted and people won't mind waiting as such if they simply were told the reasons why,by their CS communication.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what I gathered on Thursday, the guys at the top are doing a sterling effort in making this happen, but it is the CS area that is letting the face of the company down, get the CS front sorted and people won't mind waiting as such if they simply were told the reasons why,by their CS communication.
Yes, I am pretty relaxed about the delays, and I am sure Lotus are doing everything they possibly can to get the cars out the door, but the CS side is beyond a joke now. As things stand, if I was to fly Edinburgh - Southampton today, hire a car and go to the Lotus stand at Goodwood, it seems they would be happy to tell me my new estimated delivery month. When I contacted CS yesterday via Webchat , all I got was 'we have no further information, expect in email in the coming weeks'. Yes, 'the coming weeks', that old one :rolleyes: . This kind of sloppy inconsistency is just guaranteed to annoy customers. If anyone gets a chance to speak to Matt today or tomorrow, please point this out to him (again!) because the CS side really is letting them down badly, and compared to sorting out supply issues it surely can't be a difficult thing to resolve.