• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

3rd Phone Call?

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have seen many in this forum that placed their 1st deposits either over Goodwood or in the days following (so beginning of July 2021) have delivery dates between June-August 2022.

I placed mine on the 2nd of August 2021; what would be an educated estimate when I will be getting mine? I was hoping before the end of summer around August 2022 but this is looking more unlikely as the weeks progress...

Griggsy

Reaction score
I have seen many in this forum that placed their 1st deposits either over Goodwood or in the days following (so beginning of July 2021) have delivery dates between June-August 2022.

I placed mine on the 2nd of August 2021; what would be an educated estimate when I will be getting mine? I was hoping before the end of summer around August 2022 but this is looking more unlikely as the weeks progress...
Placed my deposit on 12th July, not had a call yet.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Depends on where you are.. UK cars are being delivered before US cars regardless of date money was down. Looks like you are stateside... I placed my deposit around mid-August and I'm #32 at my dealer. I'm expecting tail end of 2022 but likely very early 2023. Dealer says I'm a lock for FE and that build details start in November 2022. @ 45 days delivery after that..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was what I said in late January after visiting the factory, for timing of V6 FE deliveries in the UK:

My educated guess for UK V6 FE deliveries versus deposit dates:
- deposits up to mid 8 July 2021 (Goodwood Day 1) = June 2022 delivery
- rest of 8 July, 9 July = July delivery
- 10 July = Aug delivery
- 11 July (last day of Goodwood) = Sept delivery
- after Goodwood up to 31 Dec 2021 = Oct/Nov delivery
- 2022 deposits = Nov/Dec delivery
I could be out by a month but think this is a reasonable guesstimate

And this is my latest view based on keeping an eye on people saying they've been called about a delivery month and what first deposit date they had. It looks like I was close on my guesstimate:
- June delivery = deposits up to 8 July mid afternoon
- July delivery = 8 July late afternoon to 9 July early afternoon
- August delivery = 9 July late afternoon to 10 July lunchtime
- September delivery = 10 July afternoon to 11 July morning

I'm not sure everyone for Sept has been contacted yet as I've seen far fewer people saying they've got a September date than for the other months. That may also be tied in with US production ramping up.

I gather the next round of calls for V6 FE October delivery batch will start in March. The next step in the process for i4 FE and Base Edition (2nd deposit + config) is also due to start in March.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but can’t find it:
Until when is the deposit refundable?
I think I read it is 1 month prior to delivery, is that correct?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's right, up until 30 days before delivery. The balance is payable at that point.

Dingo

Reaction score
This was what I said in late January after visiting the factory, for timing of V6 FE deliveries in the UK:

- 10 July = Aug delivery

And this is my latest view based on keeping an eye on people saying they've been called about a delivery month and what first deposit date they had. It looks like I was close on my guesstimate:

I'm not sure everyone for Sept has been contacted yet as I've seen far fewer people saying they've got a September date than for the other months. That may also be tied in with US production ramping up.

I gather the next round of calls for V6 FE October delivery batch will start in March. The next step in the process for i4 FE and Base Edition (2nd deposit + config) is also due to start in March.
Yep I’m 11am on 11th July deposit and advised I just missed the cut off on September batch so likely October now unless as you mention Tom they release another lot for September ?

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hum...given that 11th July depositors will get their cars in September, when do we think those of us who placed their deposits in early November will our FEs?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hum...given that 11th July depositors will get their cars in September, when do we think those of us who placed their deposits in early November will our FEs?
If what i was told when I paid second sum..... first being 18th Oct....... Delivery Nov/Dec 2022 ? @TomE will have better idea I am betting

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi There, Does anyone know if we can collect from the factory? July delivery for me 😀
They're looking at offering it as an option. It may be as part of an experience package, with factory tour and track time, at extra cost - worth it if you've never been to Hethel. Possibly a collect and drive version too. Details should be sorted before we have to confirm our delivery choice.

DAMOH

Reaction score

- 10 July = Aug delivery

So in the UK is looks the people who put deposits down just after Goodwood (I am 13 July) have the longest wait - Ie 16 mths vs 12-14 mths for most others?
Bit frustrating but guess it is what it is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's because the big peak of deposits was just after the 6 July reveal and during Goodwood 8-11 July, where they had 500 deposits a day. So each day of Goodwood roughly equates to a month's worth of deliveries. The pace of deposits slowed after that, so most of the post Goodwood deposits from 12 July up until end Dec will probably fall into 2 months of deliveries.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So in the UK is looks the people who put deposits down just after Goodwood (I am 13 July) have the longest wait - Ie 16 mths vs 12-14 mths for most others?
Bit frustrating but guess it is what it is.
Same situation, 12th July and don't expect to see the car until Winter. If only I had pushed the dealership harder 😉