i4 Insurance

Ian i4

Reaction score
I have been following the forum since July 2021, having placed my order on the 10th.
Had the call from Oakmere on the 1/3 to say my car would be delivered at the end of the month, so now beginning to look for insurance.
My existing insurer (via Lloyds Bank) don't want to know, so wondering if any other i4's have obtained quotes?
Thanks

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been following the forum since July 2021, having placed my order on the 10th.
Had the call from Oakmere on the 1/3 to say my car would be delivered at the end of the month, so now beginning to look for insurance.
My existing insurer (via Lloyds Bank) don't want to know, so wondering if any other i4's have obtained quotes?
Thanks
I used Compare the Market and best quotes were with Admiral. I think lowest was around £600 parked on drive, 57, 15 yr NCB South Herts

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just tried with the Compare the Market and only got 1 quote for the i4 and it was £3K with a £1K excess! I tried the auto V6 instead and there were a lot more but still al lot higher than last time I looked. Lowest was around £850 with high excess.

I can't believe that after 2.5 years and the finishing line in sight, now the insurance is causing problems.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would suggest that the i4 has only just appeared on the insurers list. When I last looked it up a couple of months ago I had to use the v6 Emira as the i4 was not yet a selection choice. It might improve rapidly as they start getting delivered. I would also call the insurers direct and try to explain the situation.

gdotp

Reaction score
I’ve got a multi car insurance via Ford Insure which use’s Admiral. They just quoted me under 400 for a v6 ( don’t have the i4 listed yet) to add the car for 11.5 months additional insurance. We have really low quotes here.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just tried with the Compare the Market and only got 1 quote for the i4 and it was £3K with a £1K excess! I tried the auto V6 instead and there were a lot more but still al lot higher than last time I looked. Lowest was around £850 with high excess.

I can't believe that after 2.5 years and the finishing line in sight, now the insurance is causing problems.
I just tried Go Compare and did not get one quote back. I’m 60 with clean licence but wrote off my 12 year old Porsche Boxster in 2022 ( went into back of another car at 30 mph) so only 1 year ncb.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's going to be a tricky waiting game. Perhaps being at the absolute front of the queue isn't the best thing in this case. I'm hoping the underwriters will catch up over the coming month. I'm waiting on a response from AIB and also going to try Mannings.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's going to be a tricky waiting game. Perhaps being at the absolute front of the queue isn't the best thing in this case. I'm hoping the underwriters will catch up over the coming month. I'm waiting on a response from AIB and also going to try Mannings.
Tried Go Compare again just now and switched the car to the V6 manual keeping Everything else the same and came back with quite a few quotes from £600 upwards which seemed reasonable. As you say, they clearly just don’t recognise the i4 on their systems. Hopefully will change shortly.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a look on Aviva due to having policies with them already, they didn't even have "Emira" selectable as one of the possible Lotus models. 🙄

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a look on Aviva due to having policies with them already, they didn't even have "Emira" selectable as one of the possible Lotus models. 🙄
As a Norwich-based ex-staff member at AVIVA, with an AVIVA multicar policy with 2 other cars on it, they still weren't interested in covering my Emira (or it's Evora predecessor) - seems that AVIVA and some mainstream insurers simply don't want to cover non-"run of the mill stuff" any more......

schuey100

Reaction score
Spoke to Tyler at Manning today, helpful chap, waiting for a firm quote with differant annual mileages but he says a few companies have come back to him at around £1000, myself (49) and the wife both clean license and full no claims etc.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
AIB came back at around £1000 but also insisted on a tracker which I didn't spec. It still feels like there's room for improvement for those of us who can wait a few weeks.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tried Go Compare again this morning. It came up with some quotes but it referred to the car as being a V6 in the title while underneath it referred to it being a 2l automatic. Hopefully getting there gradually. I tried calling the insurer in question to clarify but automated response drove me bonkers so did not speak to anyone.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've never had this trouble with insuring a new car before but I guess I was never this close to the front of the queue before! I also got a few coming up on Go Compare today although nothing under £1000. I need to let the dealership know whether I want a tracker fitted but I'm reluctant to commit if I can find a policy that doesn't stipulate it.

CraigO

Reaction score
Looks like the insurers are starting to get i4's through now. When I last checked GoCompare I just got one back at £2.5K :oops: Now 6 or 7 different companies, and a good few at £700 to £800. Looks like its opening up anyway now. Panic Over !

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm seeing policies now but only if I say the car has a tracker. Currently the lowest was around £950 with Admiral but when I followed through to the Admiral site it mentioned V6 so I think things need a little longer to settle down.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update on the i4 search. The top 3 from Compare the Market (excluding telematics) are Admiral, Bell, Diamond and Ford Insure but it looks like they're all actually Admiral under the hood as the websites are virtually identical. All resolve down to the V6 instead of the i4 when you review the cover. If you go direct to Admiral then only the V6 is listed. Bell and Colville recommended Adrian Flux and Lockton so I I'll try them next. I have 2 weeks to get something sorted!

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update on the i4 search. The top 3 from Compare the Market (excluding telematics) are Admiral, Bell, Diamond and Ford Insure but it looks like they're all actually Admiral under the hood as the websites are virtually identical. All resolve down to the V6 instead of the i4 when you review the cover. If you go direct to Admiral then only the V6 is listed. Bell and Colville recommended Adrian Flux and Lockton so I I'll try them next. I have 2 weeks to get something sorted!
I had a look today - Similar results with Admiral and it's child companies giving prices - Going through car selections (no vehicle reg available yet), can get details to show 2L 359HP, but title lists as V6 still, so assume there are still some listing issues they need to get resolved.

Prices were not too bad... and interestingly, adding our 23-year-old son 'only' increased price by just over £500... Not sure I will tell him though, otherwise he might be bugging us to add him... I'll just let him believe it would be 'too expensive' still! ;)

schuey100

Reaction score
I had a look today - Similar results with Admiral and it's child companies giving prices - Going through car selections (no vehicle reg available yet), can get details to show 2L 359HP, but title lists as V6 still, so assume there are still some listing issues they need to get resolved.

Prices were not too bad... and interestingly, adding our 23-year-old son 'only' increased price by just over £500... Not sure I will tell him though, otherwise he might be bugging us to add him... I'll just let him believe it would be 'too expensive' still! ;)
Just had a quite from Manning, Tyler the chap there helpful, I4 coming out at £1025 with me and the wife, 3k miles a year, think that’s resonable with KGM, not heard of them, anyone have experience of KGM?