From Deposit to Order Timeframe

LTUS

Reaction score
I'm curious how long you had to wait from the time you placed a deposit until the time you were actually able to place your order for the Emira? This probably applies more to later purchases versus those who placed deposits back in 2021.
I get zero response/communication from my dealer either from calls or emails. The only way I speak with him is if I just show up at the dealership. I placed a deposit back in March '23 and was informed that I would likely be able to place an order the first quarter of '24. With all of the CARB and other delays, this time has come and gone and that is somewhat expected on my part, but I still have no idea when to even expect to be able to place an actual order. I've seen some posts on this forum that orders may be delayed until the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year but then there was a post that it may be late '25 or '26 before these orders are filled. Curious what timeframe to expect.

RoryBellows

Reaction score
I have been told that my spec cant be finalized until the new base configurator goes live. All the FEs are gone so the current configurator is technically outdated.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you havent been told you were getting a FE2, then youll have to wait to til the new base configurator comes online.
Ask your dealer how many people are in front of you that also have a base edition now and how many allocations they have per month. That should give you a guesstimate once they start the base orders.

Last edited:

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm curious how long you had to wait from the time you placed a deposit until the time you were actually able to place your order for the Emira? This probably applies more to later purchases versus those who placed deposits back in 2021.
I get zero response/communication from my dealer either from calls or emails. The only way I speak with him is if I just show up at the dealership. I placed a deposit back in March '23 and was informed that I would likely be able to place an order the first quarter of '24. With all of the CARB and other delays, this time has come and gone and that is somewhat expected on my part, but I still have no idea when to even expect to be able to place an actual order. I've seen some posts on this forum that orders may be delayed until the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year but then there was a post that it may be late '25 or '26 before these orders are filled. Curious what timeframe to expect.
Aero is pretty on the money on the money about dealership variability being a big factor.

To add some of my personal data, I just put a deposit down last Friday and have been told to expect 6 months from now to get a call to configure. I also asked and was told that base configurator is likely to be up in 1.5 months from now. At the moment FE V6 auto production is in progress. Whether next will be FE i4 or V6 Base is unknown. AutoEurope stated it'll likely be 3 months of V6 auto, so I'm guessing it'll be 3 month of i4 after then base configuration orders will begin.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
deposit: July 2023
configure sent for FE: Feb 2024
Lotus of Dallas

I never expected to get an FE, the call in feb was a total surprise when I was given the chance to upgrade. probably a combination of Lotus of Dallas being a large place with lots of allocations and me being very persistent and calling them often. maybe that pushed me up the line.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
...wait from the time you placed a deposit until the time you were actually able to place your order for the Emira?
The quick answer in my case was 14 months from deposit to build order - and being locked in.

The longer, more accurate (and concerning), answer is - I'm currently at 19 months and waiting. Have been informed I have an FE, but sitting on an I4 allocation/Lotus confirmed build order, which has been affected by several factors. First, was the v6 delivery/CARB debacle, and second (according to Lotus) AMG supply chain issues. Now expecting 2025 delivery; best case an additional 14 month wait after build order submission/acceptance.

I guess the point is determining deposit to order submission may not be the best measure of the timeline - to be fair this information may not relate to the v6 versions. And then there are the rumors of Lotus ceasing builds of v6 versions after FE1 and FE2.. but those are rumors and speculation.

Last edited: