Lotus 3rd Phone Call

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Spoke to lotus today as have heard nothing since I placed my 2nd deposit early October and they have told me that the 3rd phone call will not start until the new year.

They also said that there are no delays that they are aware of that could affect production early next year.

It seems that where you will fall in the build queue depends on a number of factors…..

What colour ?
What engine ?
What transmission ?
What country? (Later cars I guess)

I’m guessing all the above factors could move you up or down the build slots depending on what they are building first.

The only other thing they said was despite me being a fairly early depositor they couldn’t promise me a 2022 delivery which was a little concerning as it would be handy to know if I’m actually buying an 80k car next year.

Please reply to this feed if you have heard different or have an update on the 3rd deposit.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Spoke to lotus today as have heard nothing since I placed my 2nd deposit early October and they have told me that the 3rd phone call will not start until the new year.

They also said that there are no delays that they are aware of that could affect production early next year.

It seems that where you will fall in the build queue depends on a number of factors…..

What colour ?
What engine ?
What transmission ?

I’m guessing all the above factors could move you up or down the build slots depending on what they are building first.

The only other thing they said was despite me being a fairly early depositor they couldn’t promise me a 2022 delivery which was a little concerning as it would be handy to know if I’m actually buying an 80k car next year.

Please reply to this feed if you have heard different or have an update on the 3rd deposit.
when did you put down your inital deposit?

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

What colour ?
What engine ?
What transmission ?

Wow... Not being able to promise a '22 delivery when they stated they don't have any delays? That is concerning...

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow... Not being able to promise a '22 delivery when they stated they don't have any delays? That is concerning...
To be fair they did say that they couldn’t ‘promise’ but didn’t say that it wouldn’t be delivered

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Understood.. But still a bit deflating considering how early the 1st deposit was placed.
Daz is right they are covering themselves but if the truth be told I don’t think they have even agreed anything amongst themselves yet.

Strange that more people are taking 2nd phone calls again thou. I think you’ll find they are coming up with a new strategy, hopefully that means more cars sooner 😊

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Daz is right they are covering themselves but if the truth be told I don’t think they have even agreed anything amongst themselves yet.

Strange that more people are taking 2nd phone calls again thou. I think you’ll find they are coming up with a new strategy, hopefully that means more cars sooner 😊

Well, I'm in the US and know that UK deliveries will come first. CYA or not, if they aren't even promising a '22 delivery to an early depositor from the UK, oy! We in the US may be in for a very long wait!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I'm in the US and know that UK deliveries will come first. CYA or not, if they aren't even promising a '22 delivery to an early depositor from the UK, oy! We in the US may be in for a very long wait!
I’m in the “wait 12 hours for a fantastic brisket” camp now.
As opposed to the “square burger in the drive-thru” speed…

This thing has to be worth the wait!

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How should anybody promise anything in these days? If they are only 99.99% sure that the can deliver in 2022, they can't promise that they will.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not strange, they got part way through the list (roughly Aug/Sep deposits) and paused. They said they’d re-start in Dec and we can see they’re calling Sep/Oct deposits onwards. The first round created the V6 FE Batch 1 order book and this round is creating Batch 2.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
10 July was the Saturday and Day 3 of Goodwood, so somewhere between deposit #1500 and #2000
I was actually depositor 700ish by lotus calculations.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's interesting. I was told on the Goodwood stand at end of day on Thu 8 July they were over 1000. Was your 700 for people after the decision for V6 FE versus later builds?

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's interesting. I was told on the Goodwood stand at end of day on Thu 8 July they were over 1000. Was your 700 for people after the decision for V6 FE versus later builds?
I was told on the phone and at the road show that I was around 700 and expect to move sharply up that queue due to drop outs and people being unable to commit and people wanting the I4.
My initial deposit was done online in the early hours of the 10th of July so would sit at the end of day 2, I also know someone else that was told they are around deposit 1500 and they were well after me.
I think your in a good position if you put a deposit down pre or at Goodwood time frame. Online deposits only started on the 6th of July So anywhere around that time frame is early.

Not sure how it worked with deposits before that date or how it was even possible..

If they really are building 1000 FE cars next year in the uk that should cover the first 2000 deposits if that makes sense.

I was told on my 2nd phone call that if I wanted an i4 car that I had no chance of delivery in 2022.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I didn’t put my deposit down until the 12th September and I want the i4, I’ve come to the realisation that I won’t have an Emira on my drive until the summer of ‘23. If one appears before then then I will be a happy boy 😀

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do we know how many second deposits have been placed for UK cars?
I recall there were around 2,700 first deposits placed in the UK around the time I placed mine on 7th November.

Last edited:
OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do we know how many second deposits have been placed for UK cars?
I recall there were around 2,700 first deposits placed in the UK shortly before I placed mine on 7th November.
The last I heard was 3,500 but that was back in October so not sure what it is now.