• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus 3rd Phone Call

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The biggest problem I can see here is just a total lack of communication from Lotus themselves.

Whatever happened to the “regular updates’ for priority depositors?

All of this guesswork and speculation as to when we may be getting a car is just causing more and more confusion. I think the vast majority on here would just appreciate a little more openness. If it’s on schedule, fine. If it’s delayed, fair enough, but be open about it. Don’t keep people in the dark who have handed over hard earned money.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told on the phone and at the road show that I was around 700 and expect to move sharply up that queue due to drop outs and people being unable to commit and people wanting the I4.
My initial deposit was done online in the early hours of the 10th of July so would sit at the end of day 2, I also know someone else that was told they are around deposit 1500 and they were well after me.
I think your in a good position if you put a deposit down pre or at Goodwood time frame. Online deposits only started on the 6th of July So anywhere around that time frame is early.

Not sure how it worked with deposits before that date or how it was even possible..

If they really are building 1000 FE cars next year in the uk that should cover the first 2000 deposits if that makes sense.

I was told on my 2nd phone call that if I wanted an i4 car that I had no chance of delivery in 2022.
I was told on my phone call that I was around 1500-1600th deposit and after drop outs and I4/Base spec people I was probably 800 in the queue. I placed my deposit on 11th July

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's also the possibility that the reason why Lotus isn't giving updates is because they themselves don't actually know yet. I have no doubt they're scrambling to see if they can make more cars than they originally expected, but due to the difficulty of even them being able to get reliable info, they're not saying anything yet until they have firm, solid commitments from their suppliers. The last thing they want to do is say they can deliver a production number, then not be able to.

With everything going on in the world that's affecting everybody everywhere, we just need to be patient.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Spoke to lotus today as have heard nothing since I placed my 2nd deposit early October and they have told me that the 3rd phone call will not start until the new year.

They also said that there are no delays that they are aware of that could affect production early next year.

It seems that where you will fall in the build queue depends on a number of factors…..

What colour ?
What engine ?
What transmission ?
What country? (Later cars I guess)

I’m guessing all the above factors could move you up or down the build slots depending on what they are building first.

The only other thing they said was despite me being a fairly early depositor they couldn’t promise me a 2022 delivery which was a little concerning as it would be handy to know if I’m actually buying an 80k car next year.

Please reply to this feed if you have heard different or have an update on the 3rd deposit.
Had my 3rd call today. Delivery in June. Payment terms being finalised in January.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah, you're the other one with two deposits! One of the other B&C customers I know has got a V6 and i4 on order - he had deposits down in May so will be in the very early batch. My deposit was in April so should be one of the first off the line.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ah, you're the other one with two deposits! One of the other B&C customers I know has got a V6 and i4 on order - he had deposits down in May so will be in the very early batch. My deposit was in April so should be one of the first off the line.
Is that just after Schmee, Harry and all the other vloggers who put down deposits after us mere mortals?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We all know how the world works! I expect several "influencers" will get cars out of sequence. I know they're having to pay list price for them. Some did put very early deposits down.

I expect Lotus will be giving them extended use of the press cars in February to do their vlogs and reviews, so when they actually get delivery of their own cars is less of a worry for me.

If my experience of the Lotus deposit system is representative, then they can't work out how to manually change the sequence and all the influencers will get them in the order they paid their online deposit, like everyone else.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE what is your final spec?
V6 manual First Edition, Touring suspension, Hethel Yellow, black pack, diamond cut wheels, black calipers, black leather interior and steering wheel, privacy glass delete.

803BA7CB-B161-4D0D-BFBE-5C3865297359.jpeg

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So is this a general starting of third, non-refundable deposits or just for a select few?

I can’t believe they would want people to finalise their spec and take more money when there are still so many questions to be answered officially, no updates and no fully painted car pics to go on other than the info we get from Forum rumours and pictures.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They're doing third calls now to advise people early in the queue about timeframes, but third deposits aren't payable until Jan. It's basically to warn people they'll need to pay more and commit then, and further info will be available then too.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tom may I ask how you put a deposit down that early? I’m guessing it was with a dealer?

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on how many FE cars they are expecting to build in 2022?
It was 600 uk cars at first then I heard 1000 so just wanted to see if anyone had heard otherwise.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i just dropped my deposit today in the u.s Was told no second deposit will be needed, but my chances of seeing a v6 mt fe are slim to none .Seems they will get their allotment numbers in January . but they have like 90 or so orders

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom may I ask how you put a deposit down that early? I’m guessing it was with a dealer?
Yes, deposit with a dealer. When Lotus opened the central online system it was converted across and my original deposit date counted.

Does anyone have an update on how many FE cars they are expecting to build in 2022?
It was 600 uk cars at first then I heard 1000 so just wanted to see if anyone had heard otherwise.
I’ve heard it’s more like 1000-1100 UK, which is basically all of the 2022 UK build allocation.