• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus 3rd Phone Call

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, deposit with a dealer. When Lotus opened the central online system it was converted across and my original deposit date counted.

I’ve heard it’s more like 1000-1100 UK, which is basically all of the 2022 UK build allocation.
Tom, I'd get your queue confirmed by Lotus as you should have had a 3rd call before the rest of us. They do know your position even if they don't want to specifically tell you. I just wonder that your position is from the date of B&C entered it on the Lotus system

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, I'd get your queue confirmed by Lotus as you should have had a 3rd call before the rest of us. They do know your position even if they don't want to specifically tell you. I just wonder that your position is from the date of B&C entered it on the Lotus system
I got queries out to Lotus and B&C about it last night when I saw the 6 July people had been called. I was told in November that Lotus were still sorting out the mess on their system around early dealer deposits. I’ve been assured several times my correct deposit date will be honoured.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With the first customer cars arriving in June that would leave me with an end of 2022 delivery if I'm lucky, thats a shame and would have loved to give it a blast in the summer months.

Its still something to look forward to I suppose ;-D

torstin

Reaction score
With the first customer cars arriving in June that would leave me with an end of 2022 delivery if I'm lucky, thats a shame and would have loved to give it a blast in the summer months.

Its still something to look forward to I suppose ;-D
Yes, all previous communication confirmed no delays. But earliest deposit holders getting cars in June doesn’t tally with that.

Last edited:
OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, all previous communication confirmed no delays. But earliest deposit holders getting cars in September doesn’t tally with that.
Lets just hope when June comes they have 500 cars ready to go ;-)

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We should have a much better idea about delivery times by the end of this week. Although does look like end of q1 delivery is getting close to beginning of q3 delivery!!.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good to have some positive news overall though.. with leniency for covid related issues, marketing have only stretched the definition of Spring by 1 day.

*waits by phone*

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just had my 3rd call. Planned production for June (placed order 7am 7th July)
oooh wonder when they will ring me , order placed 7th July 10.30 am. I have spoken to them today as on Facebook there was some confusion about changing colour from existing 2nd deposit order and the colour can be changed- phew!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
oooh wonder when they will ring me , order placed 7th July 10.30 am. I have spoken to them today as on Facebook there was some confusion about changing colour from existing 2nd deposit order and the colour can be changed- phew!
Yes I said I was unsure on my seat colour. Said you needed to decide now... so no pressure. Now checking to see if I do amend if it will alter my build slot

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes I said I was unsure on my seat colour. Said you needed to decide now... so no pressure. Now checking to see if I do amend if it will alter my build slot
Not to mention I'm still unsure about Sports suspension over Touring 😫🤯

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that! I wasn't convinced by the body roll on the Schmee video
I do know what you mean I've been driving my M3 around in the hardest sport setting around town - my thinking is if i get used to the bounces, thuds then anything from Lotus in Sports suspension would be better. However in my 6 years of driving the M3 its only ever out of comfort model into normal a few times a year and never sport :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah I think this is the big one as it will not only effect my enjoyment of the car, but also possible demand/resale as well based on journo reviews.
I don't think it's going to affect resale. They each cost the same on FE, so no "cost option" difference. And roughly 60/40 split on orders so far, so it looks like there is a decent appetite for both when you eventually come to sell.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So had my 3rd call today, being a 4th June depositor. Was told to expect my car for June. When I pointed out that I was initially told end of April, start of May, they couldn’t advise the reason for delays :(.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think it's going to affect resale. They each cost the same on FE, so no "cost option" difference. And roughly 60/40 split on orders so far, so it looks like there is a decent appetite for both when you eventually come to sell.
Maybe not drastically, but one set up will be deemed better than the other and it will grate if you have picked the wrong one, not having been given a great deal of opportunity to test or even research the different specs

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So had my 3rd call today, being a 4th June depositor. Was told to expect my car for June. When I pointed out that I was initially told end of April, start of May, they couldn’t advise the reason for delays :(.
That be all those influencers again 😉