Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I've passengered up the hill at Goodwood in one. Not tracked one.

I test drove a Touring Emira last weekend alongside an Evora S, Evora GT410 Sport and Evora GT430. I'm driving Touring and Sport Emiras back to back on 16 Dec. My checkout window closes on 19 Dec.
And what did you think of the Emira, apologies if somehow I missed your review on another thread.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I test drove a Touring Emira last weekend
Was that not enough for you to decide if you want the car or not considering you're going for touring spec anyway? Unless your considering delaying and going for Sport spec instead🧐

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I've passengered up the hill at Goodwood in one. Not tracked one.

I test drove a Touring Emira last weekend alongside an Evora S, Evora GT410 Sport and Evora GT430. I'm driving Touring and Sport Emiras back to back on 16 Dec. My checkout window closes on 19 Dec.
Are you sharing your thoughts on the comparison?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And what did you think of the Emira, apologies if somehow I missed your review on another thread.
Was that not enough for you to decide if you want the car or not considering you're going for touring spec anyway? Unless your considering delaying and going for Sport spec instead🧐
Are you sharing your thoughts on the comparison?

I haven't done a write up yet, as I'm waiting until after my 16 Dec test drives, which also include a McLaren 12C and 570GT.

I've been trying to negotiate a deal on another rare car this week, which might affect what I do Emira-wise. Also thinking about what I do with my Evora. As well as how the Emira drives, there are other factors such as the customer experience and initial quality issues and post-delivery support. It's quite a complicated decision ... or possibly a very simple one!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't done a write up yet, as I'm waiting until after my 16 Dec test drives, which also include a McLaren 12C and 570GT.

I've been trying to negotiate a deal on another rare car this week, which might affect what I do Emira-wise. Also thinking about what I do with my Evora. As well as how the Emira drives, there are other factors such as the customer experience and initial quality issues and post-delivery support. It's quite a complicated decision ... or possibly a very simple one!

From my experience, I'm betting your treatment from McLaren has been nothing but stellar and extremely responsive. Looking forward to your writeup.

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Dont know whether to laugh or cry!! We need you to hang in there more than any of us, because without info and comms from you and Harry Metcalfe, I think there would be about 30 remaining Emira customers!
That would be great. Let’s dissolve the forum so only the few of us that REALLY want this car will get it in record time! 🙃

IH8theMavs

Reaction score

McLaren 570 vs the Emira is a tough call. I’m still leaning towards the Emira. As for the Evora, the only question to ask yourself is which side of the garage to park it. A 2020 GT is the GOAT (Emira isn’t here yet 😏)

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
McLaren 570 vs the Emira is a tough call. I’m still leaning towards the Emira.
Quite an easy choice really. Buy a 570 and you pay for the next 3 years of breakdowns or buy an Emira and let Lotus pay for them but don't drive it as they won't have the parts to fix it 😂

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Quite an easy choice really. Buy a 570 and you pay for the next 3 years of breakdowns or buy an Emira and let Lotus pay for them but don't drive it as they won't have the parts to fix it 😂
Or get a McLaren with a Thorney Motorsport warranty for £3k a year and go and enjoy yourself travelling lightspeed…

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Or get a McLaren with a Thorney Motorsport warranty for £3k a year and go and enjoy yourself travelling lightspeed…
But £300 per month on the warrantee isn't far off the PCP cost for the Emira with a decent deposit

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
McLaren 570 vs the Emira is a tough call. I’m still leaning towards the Emira. As for the Evora, the only question to ask yourself is which side of the garage to park it. A 2020 GT is the GOAT (Emira isn’t here yet 😏)
You didn’t get the GT430 in the US, so you’ve missed the pinnacle Evora ;)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
but possibly higher depreciation as well as the 3k a year already on top...
as with the aston vantage, which I would consider, its an unfair comparison, very different cars and price points.
I would take a vantage or a maclaren over an emira if I thought financially I could get 3 years at the same cost and same/no hassle..... its an easy choice in reality, if you believe this to be the case. The EMIRA simply is not as good as either of those cars overall.... or a 992 touring for that matter, but again then thats a whole other current price point....
Oh well, lets see where everyone ends up in a few months...

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
but possibly higher depreciation as well as the 3k a year already on top...
as with the aston vantage, which I would consider, its an unfair comparison, very different cars and price points.
I would take a vantage or a maclaren over an emira if I thought financially I could get 3 years at the same cost and same/no hassle..... its an easy choice in reality, if you believe this to be the case. The EMIRA simply is not as good as either of those cars overall.... or a 992 touring for that matter, but again then thats a whole other current price point....
Oh well, lets see where everyone ends up in a few months...
And that’s the point that many people seem to miss. MSRP is reasonable, annual servicing is in the hundreds, if something breaks, you have a warranty, and insurance costs are not much more than a BMW 320 diesel.
Of course there are quite a few better cars around, some of them maybe for a used price close to the Emira, but what comes after that?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
And that’s the point that many people seem to miss. MSRP is reasonable, annual servicing is in the hundreds, if something breaks, you have a warranty, and insurance costs are not much more than a BMW 320 diesel.
Of course there are quite a few better cars around, some of them maybe for a used price close to the Emira, but what comes after that?
although a big issue could be supply of parts, which the BMW wouldn't have an issue with....

but yes overall much cheaper to run a lotus than any of the super cars, of which it is not one

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Based on 7 years running a vantage I’m not sure. Appreciate not a super car, but you did mention above. Agree McLaren likely to cost more

I think depreciation of the emira will be higher than a 68 plate vantage, but 1/3 the cost for servicing… although uk vantages have an included 5 yr service plan, so I’d only pay for 1 or 2 services in 3 years

3 yr warranty for free on new vs 1 year on a second hand car. 3k for another 2 yr Aston manufacturer warranty

So TCO about the same