VF Tuner for the Lotus Emira

can you for once show us actual success stories videos pictures etc something! I feel like you are bsitting all the people here rather than just saying works perfect on other cars and its only with you.

SHOW US FACTS!
How many did you fix, how many successful stories with actual proof! you request this from your customers to make yourself trustable. as of now its all BS to me
here is a video of our car showing proof of flashing + Rev limit change 7 months ago.

 
here is a video of our car showing proof of flashing + Rev limit change 7 months ago.


This is your shopcar.. you have to ask everycustomer for feedback and a short video clip to see how smooth it works
 
This is your shopcar.. you have to ask everycustomer for feedback and a short video clip to see how smooth it works


That's the point. It was proof to show we aren't guinea pigging anyones vehicle.

There are posts in this thread of vehicles running the tune with no issue at all. But it looks like you didn't read them.
Some customers are on this forum, some are not.

Nobody was guinea pigged, requiring "videos of how smooth it is" from everyone is an unachievable requirement.
I have not been pointing blame at anyone, only trying to find all possible reasons for why this could happen on certain First editions.

Honestly with the constant animosity towards us.. this venture just isn't worth it anymore.
We will continue to to serve existing customers but if the only thing we get is constant animosity we will be pulling our product for the Emira platform.

Thank you, take care.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: TFS
That's the point. It was proof to show we aren't guinea pigging anyones vehicle.

There are posts in this thread of vehicles running the tune with no issue at all. But it looks like you didn't read them.
Some customers are on this forum, some are not.

Honestly with the constant animosity towards us.. this venture just isn't worth it anymore.
We will continue to to serve existing customers but we are pulling our product for the Emira platform.

Thank you, take care.
I’m saddened to hear this and read all the animosity towards Matt and VF. My FE has benefited from his tune and rev limit rise since March and I hope I can still look forward to further developments. It’s not an agressive tune, just makes the car what it should have been from factory (and probably will be with future varients for a substantial cost).
 
You are not doing enough to help @hellasf1, at least it seems like it by his frustrations. I have been thru the same sheit with Jubu so I know how he feels.. you pay for something that you badly want to WORK!

I think the JB4 is the best you can have unless you are willing to go all-in and if thats what you want you go for the full build with standalone ecu (Motec) full wire harnass etc etc with hardware build. The clones or jubu “plug and play” aint just it! The JB4 was pulling harder than the 440 jubu for a fraction of the price. Good luck. Ive sold my car but remain fully engaged here as Im still hoping for a more powerful final edition V6 to be made!
 
Why did you delete your post? I am not coming out of nowhere… if you follow and read this page you will see i was on of the first to reply to you to guinneypig my car same like i did for the jubu playform. I am not coming out of knowhere im just patiently waiting reading and asking 10x for a valuable feedback and proof. The car only got sold last week.. until then I was in for this sht just waiting patiently to see how happy customers are… i know that many ppl dont open up their failures here just like it happened with the jubu but they were willing to share there experience in private! Probably same happens here. Anyway glad you did a few cars, taps on the shoulder. This new emira ecu platform doooooms to make it work like the old days evoras and exiges just accept it and go on with enjoying the car. If it doesnt perform well then sell it and buy something else.. like in my case, its not the end of the world yeah a great looking car but thats it
 
Why did you delete your post? I am not coming out of nowhere… if you follow and read this page you will see i was on of the first to reply to you to guinneypig my car same like i did for the jubu playform. I am not coming out of knowhere im just patiently waiting reading and asking 10x for a valuable feedback and proof. The car only got sold last week.. until then I was in for this sht just waiting patiently to see how happy customers are… i know that many ppl dont open up their failures here just like it happened with the jubu but they were willing to share there experience in private! Probably same happens here. Anyway glad you did a few cars, taps on the shoulder. This new emira ecu platform doooooms to make it work like the old days evoras and exiges just accept it and go on with enjoying the car. If it doesnt perform well then sell it and buy something else.. like in my case, its not the end of the world yeah a great looking car but thats it
I have no interest to argue with you or any other lotus Emira owner.

It is very frustrating and makes me not want to do this platform anymore. We have got so much animosity and flack even though we have several verified cars.

But now you say we have to have every customer verify with "videos" I mean come on man.

And to say I am not doing enough. I am 1 person first off, not an entire team. Secondly I spent the better part of the last 5+ weeks digging through every line of code, trying everything possible.

The end result is I am 100% confident that this is not even a problem with our product. It is something else, and I am also convinced at this point the ECUs I got from Lotus are bad.

We bought 7 ECUs from lotus. 4 of them cloned no problem. 3 of them did not.

I completely understand that he is a very frustrated vehicle owner. I am equally as frustrated at this entire situation. I also *never* blamed him or his skill or ability or anything.
However we can't all go around and *pretend* These Emiras are bug free either, that is why I asked to check everything. That's not blame, that's just verifying. If so then why is it a FE car we just did just finished testing our tune *problem free* At laguna seca? I have the texts to prove it. He is also in this forum.

I am committed to making this situation right but if all we continually get is animosity and side comments like this then I'm done here.
 
Last edited:
Who is this person?
I am not aware of any customers of ours who did this. There was a vehicle that Habibi Motorsports did, but they do their own unlocking and tuning services. Not from us. I'll assume it was also a first edition
Yes it was from Habibi so idk if it’s something he messed up but he only dealt with them not you.
 
I don’t think the antagonistic posters here are being helpful. They don’t help those of us with issues, vf, or other future customers.

Like I get it, you’re just anonymous internet users with no skin in the game, but it’s just not helpful.
 
I’m saddened to hear this and read all the animosity towards Matt and VF. My FE has benefited from his tune and rev limit rise since March and I hope I can still look forward to further developments. It’s not an agressive tune, just makes the car what it should have been from factory (and probably will be with future varients for a substantial cost).
I'm also doing fine with an FE and VFTuner tune file from May. I don't know how many of us there are, but I feel for owners who have had issues, especially Hellasfi. Having an unusable car Is a crap situation that needs to be resolved.
 
My situation is unique and I know Matt is just as frustrated with it. I have no animosity toward Matt and VF, I’ve been nothing but professional with him and this forum, but I want to share my experience and update. I think Matt has learned a lot with this process. But I would highly recommend doing a clone and ensure Matt doesn’t unlock or touch your stock ECU so at least you don’t end up where I am at.

I wouldn’t be as concerned if my stock ECU worked as it was discussed in the start when I sent in my ECU. There was a communication and the follow through was consistent across different peoples ECU’s and that idk why, Matt is 1 person mistakes happened.

That’s why I never got as frustrated with JUBU bc I was able to put on my stock ECU and be fine so I knew I had a security blanket.

Yes tuning cars are always risky but VF has had success with lots of platforms and previous lotus Evora. I decided to take the path with least resistance and risk possible and I ended up with the opposite situation. So the frustration has build over months of work and not seeing a way out other than getting a lotus dealership involved, so all that adds to this.

There are others who have a stock working ECU that are frustrated with the clone not working but they are being patient as we all have been.

I can’t speak for others here who have no skin in the game making the situation worse, yes these post don’t help here. All I can do is share my experience, frustration and concerns. I hope Matt can figure this out and we don’t have to discuss visiting lotus dealer to get it reprogrammed.
 
Last edited:
Constantly attacking the few tuners actually willing to develop this platform is only going to drive them away. The Emira already has limited tuning support, and if every company investing time and money into figuring these cars out gets run off when something complicated happens, eventually we’ll be left with no development at all.


HellasF1 absolutely has a right to be frustrated, and hopefully Matt gets his situation resolved. Hold VF accountable and ask questions, but there’s a difference between accountability and making the platform so hostile that developing for it simply isn’t worth the headache. That ultimately hurts all of us.
 
If I can, the positive of naysayers and responsiveness to this thread shows, at minimum, the interest in a working solution. I think I’ve stated here before, but if this gets to a point without faults, I believe this entire market will be on the working solution. Hopefully VF, due to the amount of effort he’s put into this.

I also have his supercharger cover, and I would like to maximize those gains one day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top