❔ QUESTION Production Updates & U.S. Delivery Timing (V6FE)

SloAlfa

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I wanted to reach out and ask those of you that have placed your build order or your car is in production. Is Lotus on TIME or are there any production delays that you have been communicated?

Also, I have seen the production schedule on here and, I guess, I'm not following it or understand when actual delivery will be. Potentially, if I were to order my car this month (the April Allocation), when would the ACTUAL Delivery Month be (US Delivery)?

Lastly, anyone have a guess what the destination charge is going to be for the U.S.? $2500?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What I've been told by my dealer (Park Place in Bellevue) is April orders are supposed to be delivered in November, May orders delivered in December. He's not heard anything from Lotus that would indicate anything otherwise so far, so it looks like they're still on schedule.

I don't recall seeing a destination charge number yet, but I would guess somewhere between $2,000 and $2,500.

Corkdsp

Reaction score
From another thread USA delivery schedule... assume actual delivery 30 plus days from Production

1649097642993.png

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Don’t mean to dump on anyone’s strawberries, but my order was 15th July last year, and following conversation with Lotus CS earlier I think I’ll be lucky to see my car this year. I just don’t see you ordering a car now and getting it in Oct/Nov.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those order times to production are for the US and completely different to the UK process.

In the US your order submission is when it actually gets submitted to Lotus and you are locked in, roughly equivalent to the UK 3rd phone call and NOT the initial deposit dates.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Those order times to production are for the US and completely different to the UK process.

In the US your order submission is when it actually gets submitted to Lotus and you are locked in, roughly equivalent to the UK 3rd phone call and NOT the initial deposit dates.
May be so, but I still think they are tad optimistic.... think at least a year between

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Those schedules are little earlier than my dealer told me over the phone recently (though likely buffering on his side). He was suggesting that April orders meant November production start with @ 45 days delivery from there. So I was still expecting a car stateside very late 2022/very early 2023. These are encouraging if to be believed.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
May be so, but I still think they are tad optimistic.... think at least a year between
No, the timetable in Corkdap’s post is correct for US orders. Once US customers are asked to submit their order then production is 6 months after that, with customer delivery 4-8 weeks later depending on shipping, customs, transport to dealer and prep.

The big variable is when do you get asked to submit your order. That depends on dealer and date of deposit.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t mean to dump on anyone’s strawberries, but my order was 15th July last year, and following conversation with Lotus CS earlier I think I’ll be lucky to see my car this year. I just don’t see you ordering a car now and getting it in Oct/Nov.

We're talking about actually spec ordering. Most of us placed deposits back in July as well.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I guess no one really knows for sure at this point as still lots of moving pieces but was informed by Gator that April order submissions would arrive best case in November 2022. If you plan for potential holds on arrival, shipping, etc then looking at sometime in Jan. Then, if it arrives sooner then a nice surprise. They don't know the shipping charge but estimated $2200 when factoring in the final deposit

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We're talking about actually spec ordering. Most of us placed deposits back in July as well.
Exactly what he said, this is specific to the US. I suspect anyone getting a v6FE also put down deposit back in July '21 (and earlier) but orders didn't actually start until Mar '22

OP
S

SloAlfa

Reaction score
No, the timetable in Corkdap’s post is correct for US orders. Once US customers are asked to submit their order then production is 6 months after that, with customer delivery 4-8 weeks later depending on shipping, customs, transport to dealer and prep.

The big variable is when do you get asked to submit your order. That depends on dealer and date of deposit.
From what I understand, ALL orders are considered "submitted" on the 20th of each month. So This month, people are called and asked to finalize their order and pay the remaining extortion/deposit (kidding) by the 20th of April. I think its best to plan on the start and add 4 to 8 weeks.

So April order, end of December and May end of January 2023. Safe bet?

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am finalizing my order this week, dealer said I have till the 20th to make changes. Still haven’t seen an FE in Magma Red, Nimbus Grey. But still very excited 😆!

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, in the US, it only depends on the dealer. As far as Lotus is concerned the date of deposit is irrelevant. As per a Lotus US exec, “We do not have the dealer’s sequencing or queue information as they will determine where you stand in their lineup”. While I believe most US dealers are above board there’s nothing stopping them from bumping friends, family or someone willing to write a big ADM check to the front of the line.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am finalizing my order this week, dealer said I have till the 20th to make changes. Still haven’t seen an FE in Magma Red, Nimbus Grey. But still very excited 😆!
I'm also Magma and the three pics I've seen look all different but based on descriptions from Tom, I think I'll be happy

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm also Magma and the three pics I've seen look all different but based on descriptions from Tom, I think I'll be happy
Did you the photo of the one on the production line?
What Inter Color are you getting?
Mine
Magma Red
Silver wheels
Lower black pack
Yellow brakes
Sports suspension
Good year F1
No privacy glass
Yes garage door opener
Can’t wait 😛

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you the photo of the one on the production line?
What Inter Color are you getting?
Mine
Magma Red
Silver wheels
Lower black pack
Yellow brakes
Sports suspension
Good year F1
No privacy glass
Yes garage door opener
Can’t wait 😛
So happy another yellow caliper :-0