New details and production timing updates from the Vegas event

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some updates on features and production timing from Gator Motorsports who attended the Las Vegas event.

Inside the Car:
  • Wireless phone charger on top of the tunnel
  • 208L of cabin storage behind the front seats
  • If you choose Alcantara seats: the Alcantara is in the center of the seats with leather sides
  • For V6 Manual: Black Alcantara is a $500 upgrade. For V6 Auto/I4 - the Black Alcantara options are $530 to upgrade

Tour, Sport, and Track Modes on both Touring and Sports Suspension.
  • Sport suspension will have 'launch mode.' We are still waiting confirmation if the touring suspension will have it or not
  • Tour suspension is comparable to the Evora 400
  • Sport suspension is comparable to the Evora GT
  • Ride height on the Touring & Sports Suspension packages are very similar, if not the same
Paint Color Comparisons & Info:
  • Hethel Yellow -> Evora 400 'Solid Yellow'
  • Magma Red -> Evora GT 'Fire Red'
  • Nimbus Grey -> Evora Silver
  • Shadow Grey -> Dark Metallic Grey
  • Eventually there will be a total of 13 colors - including white & black

Other Info:
  • Full frontal PPF is not standard & is a "port-install" option (once we have more information on this it will be shared)
  • No ADAS: collision warning, lane departure system, on First Edition V6 (will likely be introduced with I4)
  • No 'spyder' edition of the Emira

Production Update:
From what we heard this weekend, we should know 2022 production numbers and allocations come early 2022. There is also a slight possibility that the base model V6 goes into production prior to the I4. As always, when I get updates, I will share them with you.

The First Edition V6 was pushed back about 6 weeks, with the estimate of cars beginning delivery in late summer/early fall.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Here are some updates on features and production timing from Gator Motorsports who attended the Las Vegas event.

Inside the Car:
  • If you choose Alcantara seats: the Alcantara is in the center of the seats with leather sides
  • For V6 Manual: Black Alcantara is a $500 upgrade. For V6 Auto/I4 - the Black Alcantara options are $530 to upgrade

• Sport suspension will have 'launch mode.' We are still waiting confirmation if the touring suspension will have it or not
  • Ride height on the Touring & Sports Suspension packages are very similar, if not the same

Other Info:
  • Full frontal PPF is not standard & is a "port-install" option (once we have more information on this it will be shared)
  • No ADAS: collision warning, lane departure system, on First Edition V6 (will likely be introduced with I4)

Production Update:
From what we heard this weekend, we should know 2022 production numbers and allocations come early 2022. There is also a slight possibility that the base model V6 goes into production prior to the I4. As always, when I get updates, I will share them with you.

The First Edition V6 was pushed back about 6 weeks, with the estimate of cars beginning delivery in late summer/early fall.
No green comparison?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No green comparison?
It’s elusive and hopefully exclusive too! I’m starting to ask myself “what shade of green would come out and make me not want green?” to which I cannot name one…

So likely going green but just need to see it to decide on the rest of the build now! :)

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Dark Verdant is basically Empire Green.

PXL_20210928_124815531.jpg.30d105c9ed9670134f1f67d5b7781776.jpg

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Inside the Car:

Other Info:

Production Update:

Is the 6 week delay US-specifically? instead of End of April it's the beginning of June for you over the pacific? thanks for the specification

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the 6 week delay US-specifically? instead of End of April it's the beginning of June for you over the pacific? thanks for the specification

I assume it's an overall production delay of 6 weeks. I also assume we will see multiple delays and hiccups along the way. New car + new factory + new employees + global pandemic = inevitable delays :rolleyes:

At this point, a "first edition" just seems pointless considering the delays, limited colors, and restricted options. Might as well wait for the bugs to get worked out. The FE better be one hell of a deal! May be why Lotus is refusing to officially release base pricing and individual options/package pricing.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Sport/Touring suspension aside.. assuming Launch Mode is only for the V6 with automatic (or of course on the I4 DCT)? The manual would be excluded from this, no? But assuming it still has suspension settings?

More just making sure I have this straight in my own head.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No launch mode when opting for touring suspension would cause me to have a minor tantrum... how am I supposed to be an annoying prick at the traffic light grand prix without that?!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Launch Control is only on the V6 auto and i4 DCT, not on the V6 manual. It's part of the Drivers Pack, which is included on all the First Edition cars and is included with the Sports suspension on Base Edition cars. So if you've got a V6 auto FE with Touring you'll have launch control.

Launch control is only available in Sport and Track drive modes, not in Tour drive mode. Drive mode is different to suspension choice - yes, it's confusing!