US delivery timing update from CS

Wanted to share my correspondence with customer service today. CS reached out to see how my test drive went over the weekend. I replied and asked for updates regarding US delivery timing and this is what I got...

Me: Speaking of delivery... any updates if North America production is still on schedule to begin in January with first deliveries in March-April? I've had my order in since last March and was originally told "Spring '22" when making my initial deposit in July '21, then it was "October or November" after ordering this year, and now it's maybe April of next year.

CS: Unfortunately, I do not have access to each dealerships waitlist, however you would probably be looking at delivery Summer/ Fall 2023.

Last edited:
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Heehee. I'm getting warmer on the Nimbus Grey with black wheels and red interior. Not sure about caliper color... maybe red, maybe black to keep it clean.

I'd do red, black, or silver calipers. Probably spec silver with black wheels to make them pop a bit.

Last edited:

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What is the dilivery situation ? Is there any North America dilivery ?

deadcruiser

Reaction score
Just adding here. Go speak to some young people, 17 to 22 years old. That Lotus advertising is right in the wheel house for the social media platforms they utilize. I could totally see the Electre being a status symbol for the newbies coming up. It's positioned perfectly. Their style is all about different and eclectic. If 100K EV SUVs sell in numbers I think Lotus may have a good chance. I want one but I am not spending that much on any SUV.

They get excited about tech and self driving cars, cars that park themselves, whatever. This is more about tomorrow, not today.
I don’t know about their other marketing but whoever runs their account on tiktok is funny af. they have the same amount of followers as porsche too

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over what a random CS rep said.

Everyone talking about getting a Supra, good riddance. Supra was around before the Emira and yet you didn't buy it then. Anyone wanting an Emira will wait. We can complain as much as we want, but none of that will fix the global logistics problems, shortages, shutdowns, regulations, economic/political factors, etc.

I just read an article that the majority of people are willing to pay over MSRP (by a significant amount): https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41740061/car-shoppers-paying-over-msrp/ Just let that sink in... people don't have money burning a hole in their pocket, but the aforementioned issues have lead to a supply drought.

We will wait, but we (well most of us anyway) will be getting the Emira at MSRP, so there's that. This is not a utility vehicle, that you can't live without today, we are talking about a 2-seater sports car. Try ordering any other 2-seater sports car today. Last time I checked with various dealers for the cars I was interested in it was a year+ wait and this is for cars in production for years. Perspective must not be lost over one unconfirmed message.

deadcruiser

Reaction score
Honestly I’m not too bothered about the delays personally. I was already expecting a May 2024 base edition delivery for a deposit made this month. If it takes longer (likely will) than that then it’s whatever, it gives me more time to gather a larger down payment than I initially was going to make. And eventually I could just buy a Supra or something in straight cash if I decide to bail. However, it means I’ll be stuck with driving a beater for longer.

Yeah, I'm ok with this... especially at ~$40k less than the Emira and, you know, actually existing. Drop $10k on wheels, sticky tires, KW v3s, exhaust, and tune.... got a proper 500WHP street and weekend track weapon.

vossen-2020-toyota-supra.jpg

I used to own a ‘21 3.0 and it was okay tbh. The engine burned a ton of oil (model year specific issue). Toyota techs were terrible at servicing the car and told me if my engine blows/seizes then at least I have a warranty. The hood being super long was annoying and felt like I was looking out through a mail box. Also having dual climate control but lacking a sync function is such a dumb oversight. Plus the steering wheel kinda sucks. Also there’s zero road feedback since it’s smoothed out by BMW’s EPS. Also while the car is 3400 lbs, you can’t even do weight reduction really as the weight mostly comes off the middle and back and the I6 is so heavy it induces quite a bit of under steer. It can be worked out with suspension, but still.

Sold it for a ‘22 BRZ 6MT and the driving experience was miles better. I just missed the speed a little and also missed the engine noise.

However, seeing the Supra GT4 in the SRO GT4 races has changed my outlook on them and made me want to give it a second try.

Hodl

Reaction score
Just a little update on Base configuration. I asked both the dealership and Lotus Rep who was at the Galpin test drive event when the configurator would be online. Dealership said it should be online next month (not sure if this meant Nov or Dec), however, Lotus Rep said base configurator is in beta and would be online in Jan/Feb. Looks like no one knows :ROFLMAO:
If anyone has concrete/up-to-date info on base configuration, that would be greatly appreciated.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a little update on Base configuration. I asked both the dealership and Lotus Rep who was at the Galpin test drive event when the configurator would be online. Dealership said it should be online next month (not sure if this meant Nov or Dec), however, Lotus Rep said base configurator is in beta and would be online in Jan/Feb. Looks like no one knows :ROFLMAO:
If anyone has concrete/up-to-date info on base configuration, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last I heard was "early 2023" for base configurator.

Hodl

Reaction score
Last I heard was "early 2023" for base configurator.
If only they could give us exact dates instead of breadcrumbs :cry:
I've had my deposit for a base since Aug 2021 based on their original timetables. Lookin like I should've just gone for a FE with current timelines and inflation potentially making a base spec'ed to my liking essentially the same cost as an FE

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If only they could give us exact dates instead of breadcrumbs :cry:
I've had my deposit for a base since Aug 2021 based on their original timetables. Lookin like I should've just gone for a FE with current timelines and inflation potentially making a base spec'ed to my liking essentially the same cost as an FE

They don't even know exact dates. And yes, inflation is a bitch. Rates are climbing and I'm betting base spec option pricing will be higher than originally estimated. At least you'll have extra colors to choose from though.. And maybe some bugs worked out by then.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why can’t they just keep to the script and say “soon”!

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Haha... thanks for calling me out, Yeah, my tone has changed since I wrote this post. First, I wrote it in the heat of the moment... word of another delay didn't feel good. Second, I have since test driven an Emira and I am now all in! It really surprised me. My test drive experience was great and for me it's worth the wait! Ever since my drive I have been way more positive. Actually have withdrawn my name from the 992 Carrera T purchase (IMHO cost ratio to what you get is doesn't make sense)... I will admit I'm still on the top of the list for a Spyder RS, but that is a way off and a different beast. Still contemplating if I could even give up a manual? Also, I love the fact that the Emira is usable performance. I don't have to be maxed out to take advantage of the performance benefits. To me it's fun, raw, engaging and I'm really looking forward to it. 👍🏽
And unlike the other 2, Lotus is brand you don’t see. Ever. I’ve seen Ferrari, Porsche, even the occasional Lambo or 2. Porsche esp where I live. No Lotus, no Evora, Elise, nothing. And yea, the supercharger vs turbo is a no brainer. How’d you like that shift pace, 65 and still in second gear. The damn thing says give me more….