US delivery timing update from CS

Wanted to share my correspondence with customer service today. CS reached out to see how my test drive went over the weekend. I replied and asked for updates regarding US delivery timing and this is what I got...

Me: Speaking of delivery... any updates if North America production is still on schedule to begin in January with first deliveries in March-April? I've had my order in since last March and was originally told "Spring '22" when making my initial deposit in July '21, then it was "October or November" after ordering this year, and now it's maybe April of next year.

CS: Unfortunately, I do not have access to each dealerships waitlist, however you would probably be looking at delivery Summer/ Fall 2023.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Never. Geely didn't invest in Lotus for their ICE cars, they invested in them for their electric future. Production volume will improve as the parts situation improves.
The EU7 engine emissions regulations has just been put back in Europe.
So Lotus can now sell the Emira until at least 2030 if it wishes

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lol, I just called my Porsche dealer to see how soon I could actually get a Carrera T and my Toyota dealer for a Supra with 3 pedals. I'm not waiting another year or taking delivery next year right before winter. 🤦‍♂️
It will be late summer to see American production Emira's on the road. Anyone that thinks they will be getting an Emira before July will be disappointed IMO. If they are behind around 3K cars due to 2022 production and have to make that up in 2023 - Max production is 5-6K cars ( if they can hit those numbers next year ). Places my estimates that the 2k US allocations that were promised a few months back will be delivered Mid-Late summer into the winter.

My Guess they will prioritize Canada / Northern US states because of weather and work from there. I don't think we will see any Base spec Emira's over here until fall at the earliest. The configurator is only going to go live sometime in January and they will need a minimum of 6 months to know what orders will be like to ensure proper stock is ordered. Base production IMO starts in August / September and maybe see them hit dealers in October / November. That's best case scenario on the information given.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Last communication from my dealership couple of months ago was estimating production in March and delivery in May 2023. As such, I don't really find your email from CS too alarming.

Plus I don't get Fall where I live. It's like Spring, Summer, Summer, Summer, Spring...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lol, I just called my Porsche dealer to see how soon I could actually get a Carrera T and my Toyota dealer for a Supra with 3 pedals. I'm not waiting another year or taking delivery next year right before winter. 🤦‍♂️

I am a big Supra fan. I really think the styling is spot on and almost timeless. Plus that is one car that really looks good with aftermarket wheels. Google Supra aftermarket wheels. Keep shopping but don't pull that Emira deposit until you have another bird in the hand.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be late summer to see American production Emira's on the road. Anyone that thinks they will be getting an Emira before July will be disappointed IMO. If they are behind around 3K cars due to 2022 production and have to make that up in 2023 - Max production is 5-6K cars ( if they can hit those numbers next year ). Places my estimates that the 2k US allocations that were promised a few months back will be delivered Mid-Late summer into the winter.

My Guess they will prioritize Canada / Northern US states because of weather and work from there. I don't think we will see any Base spec Emira's over here until fall at the earliest. The configurator is only going to go live sometime in January and they will need a minimum of 6 months to know what orders will be like to ensure proper stock is ordered. Base production IMO starts in August / September and maybe see them hit dealers in October / November. That's best case scenario on the information given.

If this FE rollout is any indication I don't see base specs with many different configurable options going smoothly. They still need to settle on advertised pricing for those option packages and I doubt they have everything they need.... base spec wheels? Additional paint colors? Base spec seats? Base spec interior trim? I don't think anyone is getting a custom base spec in 2023.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I am a big Supra fan. I really think the styling is spot on and almost timeless. Plus that is one car that really looks good with aftermarket wheels. Google Supra aftermarket wheels. Keep shopping but don't pull that Emira deposit until you have another bird in the hand.

Yeah, I'm ok with this... especially at ~$40k less than the Emira and, you know, actually existing. Drop $10k on wheels, sticky tires, KW v3s, exhaust, and tune.... got a proper 500WHP street and weekend track weapon.

vossen-2020-toyota-supra.jpg

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wanted to share my correspondence with customer service today. CS reached out to see how my test drive went over the weekend. I replied and asked for updates regarding US delivery timing and this is what I got...
So that’s not even “soon”, let alone “very soon”!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The EU7 engine emissions regulations has just been put back in Europe.
So Lotus can now sell the Emira until at least 2030 if it wishes
And this will keep happening. Government pipe dreams to transition everyone so quickly. 🙄

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score

What did you order, and can I have it? LOL

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Eh... the Type R knows what it is. The Supra, I'm not so sure...
I'm honestly not a fan of either and wouldn't own either. Sadly, at 45 I feel too old for both of them.
If I didn't have my Turbo S, I'm not sure what I'd be wanting over the Emira except for another Porsche. Ferrari is out of my range. An Aston or I'd be looking at the F-type again, which I came very close to buying a year ago or an LC 500, though I would probably get bored with the LC too quickly.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To me, the Supra looks like a bloated marshmallow. And the interior is just as strange using old bmw parts. 🤷‍♂️

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm ok with this... especially at ~$40k less than the Emira and, you know, actually existing. Drop $10k on wheels, sticky tires, KW v3s, exhaust, and tune.... got a proper 500WHP street and weekend track weapon.

vossen-2020-toyota-supra.jpg
Nice color but I still think it's goofy looking.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
To me, the Supra looks like a bloated marshmallow. And the interior is just as strange using old bmw parts. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, the Supra needs wheels and a drop to look good. AND a dark color to hide those strange body lines and fake vents. Still fast and obtainable.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Basically the showcar spec with 3 pedals. And I'm not giving it up (yet)!

Heehee. I'm getting warmer on the Nimbus Grey with black wheels and red interior. Not sure about caliper color... maybe red, maybe black to keep it clean.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Doesn't surprise me. My dealer said allocations for all FEs hasn't even been fulfilled yet. Looks like it's a waiting game for any car you want unless you're willing to pay. These are the current markups/waiting period for a US car in California.

C8? Please deposit and wait a year or pay 10-30k ADM
Supra? 10k ADM
Nissian Z? 10-20k ADM
GR Corolla? 5-20k ADM
FL5 Type R? 5-20k ADM
Porsche 911 T/GT4? 10k ADM ( EST ship Q2/Q3 2023)

Bmw M2? No data point but from I'm reading there is no ADM at my local dealer.. just wait time. ETA Q2/Q3 2023

As you can tell, we don't have any good options but to wait.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Doesn't surprise me. My dealer said allocations for all FEs hasn't even been fulfilled yet. Looks like it's a waiting game for any car you want unless you're willing to pay. These are the current markups/waiting period for a US car in California.

C8? Please deposit and wait a year or pay 10-30k ADM
Supra? 10k ADM
Nissian Z? 10-20k ADM
GR Corolla? 5-20k ADM
FL5 Type R? 5-20k ADM
Porsche 911 T/GT4? 10k ADM ( EST ship Q2/Q3 2023)

Bmw M2? No data point but from I'm reading there is no ADM at my local dealer.. just wait time. ETA Q2/Q3 2023

As you can tell, we don't have any good options but to wait.

Tons of good options, just not for a new sports car.