So where's the US Emira demo(s)?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard confirmed dates from their dealer when the demo car will arrive? We all know just one Emira made it to LOG in WV (the Shadow Grey demo.. Though we were told to expect a dozen in various colors and set ups). That same car then went to TX dealers (Dallas, Houston, and Austin I believe) for customers to drive and the last I heard the car went back to Michigan for some reason.. to be repaired? Why Michigan?

What the hell is going on and why does Lotus of US give us zero updates or info? A lot of us have given Lotus $5k+ over the last year and a half and originally expected delivery this past spring/summer. Now we don't even know when to expect our local dealers to get their demos?

North America production is supposed to begin in January with deliveries in March-April? Who wants to bet that target is severely missed and with zero communication to us until February or March? 😡

I'll take reasons I gave up and bought an RS5 for $500 Alex.

lol... the mark keeps moving in the wrong direction unfortunately.

Good luck though! I'm still excited to see one in person someday!

I asked my dealer about test drives actually earlier this week, Lotus of Bellevue, and they apparently have not been told by Lotus US when they'll get the demo for test drives yet either.

I spoke to Lotus Huntington NY about when they expect to have a car for test drives, and they said SOON.

I asked if they could better define "SOON' and they said they would have an easier time defining "what is a woman"

Last edited:
I spoke to Lotus Huntington NY about when they expect to have a car for test drives, and they said SOON.

I asked if they could define "SOON' and they said they would have an easier time defining "what is a woman"
Oh my God.
Too funny.
Wheel gap., anyone?

Has anyone heard confirmed dates from their dealer when the demo car will arrive? We all know just one Emira made it to LOG in WV (the Shadow Grey demo.. Though we were told to expect a dozen in various colors and set ups). That same car then went to TX dealers (Dallas, Houston, and Austin I believe) for customers to drive and the last I heard the car went back to Michigan for some reason.. to be repaired? Why Michigan?

What the hell is going on and why does Lotus of US give us zero updates or info? A lot of us have given Lotus $5k+ over the last year and a half and originally expected delivery this past spring/summer. Now we don't even know when to expect our local dealers to get their demos?

North America production is supposed to begin in January with deliveries in March-April? Who wants to bet that target is severely missed and with zero communication to us until February or March? 😡
I will go on record here and say there is a 90% chance US production does not start in January. 50/50 if it even starts in Q1 2023.

Wow.. I mean at what point do we just bail on the Emira and the terrible customer service and lack of comms?

I've been one of the biggest Emira fan boys since the beginning but about to call it quits. The juice just ain't worth the squeeze anymore.

My dealer (Lotus of Glenview) was told by Lotus to expect the demo Emira before the end of October. Once they receive a firm date, I’ll know. Fingers crossed!

Wow.. I mean at what point do we just bail on the Emira and the terrible customer service and lack of comms?
Soon? ;)

I’d told myself I’d hold on until I had a test drive, then decide. But that milestone keeps being delayed and delayed too. And the process for test drives looks like it’ll be a mess as well.

All this talk about your dealers makes me wonder if we’re buying drugs or a car. We’re all jonesing for that next hit of information and when the next set of real owner photos will drop. Hooked on Lotus! o_O:ROFLMAO:

The answer, when it comes to anything U.S., is always:

1.) I don't know. Because no one knows. You're not special, because none of us are, either.
2.) SOON.
3.) Okay, NOT soon, but no one believes me when I say give or take 2-3 years for any sort of delivery.

I'm basically where you're at, but I got there earlier than you.

Read my posts and see the initial optimism and lightheartedness (posts from when I first joined) slowly descend into a very negative, pessimistic, and down-trodden state (posts I make now).

I will go on record to say that it's Q3 2023 for U.S.. for FE.

For U.S., Base is simply not going to be available until 2024 as an MY2025.

Mark. My. Words. I work in Project Management, and as of right now, October 2022, there's simply no way they can ramp up to the level they need to (increased staff, triple their parts orders and inventory, round the clock shifts to catch up (because they are woefully behind) etc) to meet demand for the earlier half of 2023.

2022 is basically a wash as well, because there's 2-ish months left of this miserable year, holidays are coming, and no one's going to do anything.

Lotus isn't communicating anything because they KNOW that all the build-up they got from the initial announcement, orders, etc. is going to TANK if they start giving out actual dates. I guarantee right now, their focus ISN'T on the Emira at all, it's on the Eletre and their EV future. The Emira, I suspect, was simply a marketing product/tool for them to really introduce to the world on a wider scale what matters to them more - EV's.

The Emira is low priority for them, and it shows.
I guess I'm lucky because I wasn't really planning on buying a car until later next year. I had been doing research and had narrowed my search to Porsche. Then I saw the Emira. I loved the look and the exclusivity even if that meant longer service/parts time should things go wrong. I only plan on driving 5k-7500k miles per year so that shouldn't be much of an issue so I put down a deposit. Then joined a couple forums and watched all you poor saps that have been waiting eons for your car. I feel your pain as I've waited for cars before and most of us car guys aren't that patient when we have to wait a long time for our goodies. Hang in there! It'll happen....soon..:)

There might be one wild card that I hate to mention because it will greatly upset those with deposits........

but...... does it make sense for LOTUS to build these cars in the assembly plant that they have to heat up and keep the electricity on ( power tools) over this cold winter , now that the utilities are going to pop anywhere from 3x to 10x in the UK from what they were before the war in Ukraine ?
A lot of companies state that they will shut down for the winter because they simply can NOT afford these sky high utility bills over the winter. Might LOTUS be in the same bind, and think it might be better to delay assembly until spring time ?

Please don't shoot me

I've been one of the biggest Emira fan boys since the beginning but about to call it quits. The juice just ain't worth the squeeze anymore.
You know, I recall the Savagegeese video on the Evora GT. In it, he refers to customers getting burned or mistreated with the initial launch of the Evora. At that time, I had zero knowledge of Lotus’ CS. However, I can’t help but think that poor comms and service is on brand for them.

Anyway, I’m still in. I have a great car to hold me over. And let’s be real… its not like I’m hurting by “lending” Lotus $2500. They can hang onto it for now. Now, if they increase the price more than a few dollars or my personal impression isn’t over the top, then I’ll get my money back and will be soured on the brand; likely never to buy from Lotus.

I feel you man, I try not to think about it but it would be really easy to just email about a deposit refund and move on. At this point I bet I could get an m2 delivered faster.

Lotus comms and CS was abysmal in the US for the Evora 400... I had a deposit then and dropped out for an Aston and then Porsche before I saw the Emira and dared to try again. And for some of us, at least those with confirmed FE orders at Bellevue, its way more than $2500 that is sitting with them for the car at this point.

Yeah... $15k at this point. Has anyone inquired about a refund with Bellevue? I know it says non refundable... I'm no legal expert, but seems that after a certain time that contract becomes void as they aren't fulfilling their end of the deal. There is no car built, delivered, etc.
I'm pretty sure you would have a good argument if it's either
a) well overdue
OR
b) they can't give you a date at all

And I'll sleep easier when I can price one out..then the next question is will there be a dealer markup to stomach...