I got a NEW car with USED keys ??

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UPDATE:
ok I gotta give credit when credit is due.

I contacted Lotus directly last night and this morning the service manager from Lotus of Dallas called me and told me that they can see from the photos they have on file that the keys were damaged between the time the car left the dealership and arrived to me so they are getting me 2 brand new keys 👌🏻👌🏻

so props to Lotus for being so quick to take care of the problem and Gio at Lotus of Dallas for taking care of the problem ASAP and making it easy for me (they will schedule programming at Lotus of Houston).

I’ve not had the smoothest transaction with Lotus of Dallas but Giovanni at Service there has been absolutely A+, super professional, super responsive and went out of his way to help with issues that were not even his to deal with with 👍👍

ORIGINAL POST:
Am I being too picky here ? I just took delivery of new Emira and look at BOTH keys… they are all scratch up and banged up and have obviously been dropped multiple times… I’m gonna call the dealer tomorrow … what would you do?
IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5938.jpeg

IMG_5939.jpeg

Last edited:

driv300mph

Reaction score
Did you buy their optional (not optional) key fob protection package at the time of delivery? If not, you’re out of luck.
There's a keyfob protection plan? My keys came from Lotus of Dallas and were in excellent condition. I enjoyed working with them

Subw00er

Reaction score
Man those Texas and FL dealers really sound like a piece of work! Those were clearly thrown and not caught on pavement. That would tweak the hell out of me. Its a $100K premium car not a yugo. Go get them replaced.

If they end up being aholes, you can take it to any jeweler and he can buff it smooth for you. Its metal right? (my car is incoming so I'm not sure.)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Should have taken a photo of them right there at the dealer. They're going to claim you did that after you took possession and left the lot.

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They delivered to the car to my house and the keys were in the cup holders and the car left on after he dropped it off the truck. I did not notice until I pulled up in the garage , took the keys out of the cup holder and was trying to separate them then keep the spare separated from the main key. And I was never offered any protection plan on fobs which they should actually have IRL since it looks like they like to self destroy rather quickly!

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’d insist on getting those replaced, it would bother me and they shouldn’t be damaged. On that subject has anyone had any luck finding a FOB holder? The only ones I’ve found are on alli, there seem to be some in Japan but I would have no idea how to order as they say to call them when you translate and I don’t speak Japanese 😅.

IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0681.jpeg

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know - sorry folks, there is no key fob protection plan, nor should there be. It was a joke about Dallas requiring either PPF or ceramic coatings at the time of delivery.
They required it be done or no sale? Have to be done by their people as well and their set prices?

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d insist on getting those replaced, it would bother me and they shouldn’t be damaged. On that subject has anyone had any luck finding a FOB holder? The only ones I’ve found are on alli, there seem to be some in Japan but I would have no idea how to order as they say to call them when you translate and I don’t speak Japanese 😅.

View attachment 39323View attachment 39325View attachment 39326
I ordered one of these

I'll let you know how the process goes

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the topic of keys... anyone got the key presentation box? Is it actually cool?

21_23medium.gif

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UPDATE: ok I gotta give credit when credit is due.

I contacted Lotus directly last night and this morning the service manager from Lotus of Dallas called me and told me that they can see from the photos they have on file that the keys were damaged between the time the car left the dealership and arrived to me so they are getting me 2 brand new keys 👌🏻👌🏻

so props to Lotus for being so quick to take care of the problem and Gio at Lotus of Dallas for taking care of the problem ASAP and making it easy for me (they will schedule programming at Lotus of Houston).

I’ve not had the smoothest transaction with Lotus of Dallas but Giovanni at Service there has been absolutely A+, super professional, super responsive and went out of his way to help with issues that were not even his to deal with with 👍👍

blacklotus

Reaction score
UPDATE: ok I gotta give credit when credit is due.

I hope they would have given you the same treatment without their photos. But lucky they had those!