Performance Driver Education Day at Watkins Glen May 29

tvacc

Reaction score
Hello all,
The Mercedes-Benz Club of America and Lotus Ltd are hosting a Performance Driver Education Day at Watkins Glen May 29. You can expect at least 2 hours of on track time during the day. If you are a novice or have not been signed off as a soloist by us or a recognized Track Day group, you will be provided an instructor. Cost is $495 for the day. You will need a Snell Auto Racing 2015 or 2020 Helmet. If you would like more information please send me an email to tvacc*at*lotusowners*dot* you know where. Its a wonderful way to get to know your Emira!

Attachments

• _K1_5299.jpg
    _K1_5299.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 9
  • _K1_5361.jpg
    _K1_5361.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
The Mercedes-Benz Club of America and Lotus Ltd are hosting a Performance Driver Education Day at Watkins Glen May 29. You can expect at least 2 hours of on track time during the day. If you are a novice or have not been signed off as a soloist by us our a recognized Track Day group, you will be provided an instructor. Cost is $495 for the day. You will need a Snell Auto Racing 2015 or 2020 Helmet. If you would like more information please send me an email to tvacc*at*lotusowners*dot* you know where. Its a wonderful way to get to know your Emira!

Welcome to the forum @tvacc! The Glen is such a great track and I was lucky enough to get my Evora GT on it last year. I may reach out about this event.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@tvacc is this something that happens every year? I'd make the drive next year for it.

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
Do we need to bring our cars or does this fee include the use of an Emira (one is provided for us)?

OP
T

tvacc

Reaction score
Do we need to bring our cars or does this fee include the use of an Emira (one is provided for us)?
At $500 there would be no way to provide you with a car. You have to bring you own car, and a Snell SA Auto Racing 2015 or 2020 Helmet. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Car needs to be checked out by a shop within 30 days of the event. I suggest you insure it for track use. There are 2 or 3 good places to do that. I insure my Elise Sport 190 every time I go on the track with it. I have not checked this year but as insurance has gone crazy it may be more than the $350 I paid last time for the day at 40K. Basically how I look at it, it is a $1500 day. $500 for the track, $400 for the insurance. You will go through 1/4 tread of your tires so that is about $200. Room for the night $120-$250 depending where you stay. Gas, food, car check out at a repair shop. Quickly adds up, but worth it.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At $500 there would be no way to provide you with a car. You have to bring you own car, and a Snell SA Auto Racing 2015 or 2020 Helmet. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Car needs to be checked out by a shop within 30 days of the event. I suggest you insure it for track use. There are 2 or 3 good places to do that. I insure my Elise Sport 190 every time I go on the track with it. I have not checked this year but as insurance has gone crazy it may be more than the $350 I paid last time for the day at 40K. Basically how I look at it, it is a $1500 day. $500 for the track, $400 for the insurance. You will go through 1/4 tread of your tires so that is about $200. Room for the night $120-$250 depending where you stay. Gas, food, car check out at a repair shop. Quickly adds up, but worth it.
I am so in for this next year

OP
T

tvacc

Reaction score
Or a large AirBnB for a forum contingent!
We have an arrangement with a motel in the Town of Watkins Glen. They have 19 rooms. We have booked 6 so far. $120 per night all in. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Tony V

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts