Swap Goodyears with Cup2s on incoming Emira?

axm

Reaction score
Any one open to swapping Goodyears to Cup2s? I am expecting my Emira in a couple of weeks. The plan was to pick up the car in CA and drive to TX with a buddy. I figured I would lose >50% of the tread on that that. So I optioned the Goodyears with the sport suspension. That drives is not happening now.

The car will now be shipped from CA to TX. So I have a set of Goodyears that are really amazing for street, but not the spirited backroad driving I do in Summer in TX.

Anyone open to switch a new CUP2 (< 250 miles) with mine? Let me know and we are figure out the logistics. Ideally, you should be in NorCal or Dallas/Austin.

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was having the same debate but after close inspection it looks like emira’s cup2 and Goodyears are both threadwear rated 240. Cup2’s got a new compound few years ago and is no longer “stickier” than the Goodyear but about the same. So if it’s just for track use the switch is unnecessary.

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You won’t run your tread out in that trip. Cup2s last a bit unless you’re on track. My P Zero Corsas have a treadwear rating of 60!! That would wear out in a hurry!

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had read years ago that treadwear rating can be a bit apples-to-pears between tire makers. A rating of "240" on a Michelin means that the tire is expected to last 2.4x as long as Michelin's 'reference tire'. A rating of "240" on a Goodyear means 2.4x the life of their 'reference tire'. But is there anything standardized or empirical linking the ratings from two different manufacturers?

OP
A

axm

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your insights. I ran multiple sets of Cup2 240s on my Evora and a previous M3 and was pretty happy with them. I have also run many other brands of tires in various settings.
There is a specific reason why I am looking for a swap with an interested party.
As scc.131.fe pointed, treadwear ratings mean little. And I am not making the trip any more.