Any Jag F-Type owners w Emira?

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
II've never owned a Lotus and I'm trying to understand how Touring and Sport compare to what I'm driving now (Jag F-Type S). Anyone with an Emira who has/had an F'-Type and can shed some comparison insight? If Touring is sloppier than my F-Type I think Id have to go Sport.
But my roads suck so i dont want to lose a filling on every bump (And If i go Sport would def be with Goodyear - Not Cup2s)

Thanks!

My Dad has a 2018 F-Type R and I've got an Emira on Sports with Goodyear. I've never driven the F-Type and he hasn't driven the Emira, but I'll see if he's keen to go for a run tomorrow and I'll try and report back!

II've never owned a Lotus and I'm trying to understand how Touring and Sport compare to what I'm driving now (Jag F-Type S). Anyone with an Emira who has/had an F'-Type and can shed some comparison insight? If Touring is sloppier than my F-Type I think Id have to go Sport.
But my roads suck so i dont want to lose a filling on every bump (And If i go Sport would def be with Goodyear - Not Cup2s)

Thanks!
My emira is on touring (I've driven sports) and if its "sloppier" than your f type I would be more than a little amazed (I've only been a passaganger in an f type)

Thanks!
I'm not sure I'll be a LOT of help, but I'll try. Don't have the Emira (not yet, DID make the FE cut), so this is based on a couple things, one, my (unfortunately) very brief demo drive in the Emira when my dealer had it, and my 8 1/2 years owning an F-type R coupe. Firstly, and most obviously, the Jag is MUCH heavier, especially in R configuration, and I
DEFINITELY felt it when driving the Emira. Steering was way more communicative in the Emira, and less steering effort as well. More to the point of your question, to me the Jag's ride is harsh, borderline unpleasant except on excellent roads. The Emira demo I drove had the sport suspension and the Goodyear tires. To me the ride quality was better, more compliant than the Jag, but also more confidence inspiring, like I could (hopefully in 8-9 months?) drive it closer to it's limit than the Jag. On uneven roads my Jag will bounce and "jump" and just feel squirrelly because the suspension is so stiff. The Jag is a beast in a straight line, but I'm convinced the Emira will be more comfortable, liveable, and definitely more fun to drive.

Thanks!
I’ve come from an F type 3.0s to an Emira . As I explained to a guy with an M2 who wanted a ride in it yesterday the Emira is a proper sports car and the F type isn’t . The F may sound better with the roof down in dynamic mode but the Emira handles so much better . I would say that even in tour mode and whilst running in the Emira ( mine is sports suspension with Michelin tyres) it is way quicker than the F even though there’s only 20 bhp difference it’s the way the Emira puts down that power. It is simply capable of doing so much more than the Jag , it eats roundabouts for instance !

Any more views on this? I ordered a V6 manual Emira in May 22 (due Q2 2024) and purchased a used F-Type SVR to entertain myself in the meantime (after a test drive of an Emira in Dec 2023).
Based on my short test drive of the Emira, it is clearly more of a sports car than the F-Type but I do now wonder if I should stick with the F-type.
The SVR is an auto (a negative for me) but the power and 4wd traction are addictive and I do like/value the fact it’s much easier to sort any problems/get the jag serviced.
Lotus quality is a concern as is customer service and the price increase that was promised wouldn’t happen…
BUT - as much as I REALLY like the looks of the F-Type - the Emira looks even better….(oops, am I really that shallow🙂)
I do love a proper drivers car (had a Caterham 7 for 10 years) but I do also like comfort/easy life these days and worry that dealing with Lotus might be too much of a struggle given I will need to spend an extra £30k to make the switch.

So what to do…think I need another test drive of the Emira and then decide but thoughts welcome from anyone who has already made the switch.

Any more views on this? I ordered a V6 manual Emira in May 22 (due Q2 2024) and purchased a used F-Type SVR to entertain myself in the meantime (after a test drive of an Emira in Dec 2023).
Based on my short test drive of the Emira, it is clearly more of a sports car than the F-Type but I do now wonder if I should stick with the F-type.
The SVR is an auto (a negative for me) but the power and 4wd traction are addictive and I do like/value the fact it’s much easier to sort any problems/get the jag serviced.
Lotus quality is a concern as is customer service and the price increase that was promised wouldn’t happen…
BUT - as much as I REALLY like the looks of the F-Type - the Emira looks even better….(oops, am I really that shallow🙂)
I do love a proper drivers car (had a Caterham 7 for 10 years) but I do also like comfort/easy life these days and worry that dealing with Lotus might be too much of a struggle given I will need to spend an extra £30k to make the switch.

So what to do…think I need another test drive of the Emira and then decide but thoughts welcome from anyone who has already made the switch.
Further to my previous comments coming from an F type V6S to an Emira . There is simply no comparison. The Emira is way more fun to drive , a helluva lot quicker and looks much better . I never liked the back view of my F type convertible . Also the auto gearbox on the 2015 F type was basically a load of rubbish you had to set it up prior to getting anything meaningful out of the sport mode. I also test drove the 5 litre F type coupe and that was way too heavy . The Emira may not be the quickest in a straight line but I defy anything that can beat it coming out of a roundabout. It sets up earlier than example a Tesla and therefore comes out way faster.

Further to my previous comments coming from an F type V6S to an Emira . There is simply no comparison. The Emira is way more fun to drive , a helluva lot quicker and looks much better . I never liked the back view of my F type convertible . Also the auto gearbox on the 2015 F type was basically a load of rubbish you had to set it up prior to getting anything meaningful out of the sport mode. I also test drove the 5 litre F type coupe and that was way too heavy . The Emira may not be the quickest in a straight line but I defy anything that can beat it coming out of a roundabout. It sets up earlier than example a Tesla and therefore comes out way faster.
An F-Type owner tested my Evora S when I was selling it and was staggered at how much more fun and engaging the Lotus was

Emira. Any suspension. Sports is fine. 3000 miles in and never jolted me once. You just feel the road a bit more. Oh, and that is a good thing!

An F-Type owner tested my Evora S when I was selling it and was staggered at how much more fun and engaging the Lotus was
I have a V6 Ftype convertible and an Emira,you can't compare the two.
It's like comparing a Mini to a Bentley.
The Emira is more fun to drive as its a sports car and you both become one.
The Jag is more of a high powered cruiser and just as much fun but in a completely different way.

I have a V6 Ftype convertible and an Emira,you can't compare the two.
It's like comparing a Mini to a Bentley.
The Emira is more fun to drive as its a sports car and you both become one.
The Jag is more of a high powered cruiser and just as much fun but in a completely different way.
Does the Jag make the Emira feel slow or boring?
I have an F type R and I’m worried it’s desensitized me to its speed and sound and the Emira will be a letdown. 🤷‍♂️

Does the Jag make the Emira feel slow or boring?
I have an F type R and I’m worried it’s desensitized me to its speed and sound and the Emira will be a letdown. 🤷‍♂️

The Emira is hardly boring,its more exciting to drive with the manual stick and hydro steering is more precise than the Jags electric.
I can't really comment on the speed as I've never driven a V8 R,but just as quick as my V6.
Sound... adequate,it pops and crackles but no one can replicate the Jags unique sound.