Hello from sunny SoCal!

DriverMod

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello everyone! I just placed a deposit for a new Emira this week.
I’ve been a fan of Lotus for a very long time. When I heard the Emira would be their last internal combustion vehicle and it would be offered with a manual transmission I knew I could not let the opportunity pass me up.

I was told 15-18 months for delivery and about a year wait for my allocation and build acceptance. Luckily I’ll have plenty of time to lock in my choices.

Reading these forums puts a bit of uneasiness in me but I’m hoping after a few years of production most of the common issues will hopefully be ironed out. Hopefully.

Happy to be here and happy to wait for however long it may take to get my new Emira!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and the watch party for those waiting for their Emira!

By the time you get yours I'd expect a lot of the initial issues to have been resolved. You're well-served with good Lotus dealers in SoCal too, with Galpin and Lotus of OC.

What's been your car history and what was the first Lotus that caught your eye?

OP
D

DriverMod

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and the watch party for those waiting for their Emira!

By the time you get yours I'd expect a lot of the initial issues to have been resolved. You're well-served with good Lotus dealers in SoCal too, with Galpin and Lotus of OC.

What's been your car history and what was the first Lotus that caught your eye?

Thank you for the welcome!

I’m sure most of the common issues will be worked out, I guess we will see.

As far as car history, I’ve had an eclectic mix of sports cars, purpose built offroad trucks, fun toys, and a bunch of motorcycles. Most recent have been a few BMW M cars, a few classics (last one was a 1969 Firebird), a Raptor, and currently in a 21 RF Miata Club spec.

I grew up with a good friend that lived across the street from a Lotus engineer. I saw many, many Elise and Exige as well as a handful of Esprit in person daily for nearly a decade. Hard to not fall in love with these cars.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum DriverMod. What options/colors are you thinking for your build?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi @DriverMod , congratulations on placing a deposit. Great decision! I’ve got an Emira and it’s always so much fun taking it out for a spin. 😀

OP
D

DriverMod

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum DriverMod. What options/colors are you thinking for your build?
Thanks for the welcome! Car will definitely be Hethel Yellow with black package on touring chassis with manual transmission. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten for now. There might be new options or changes in packages over time so I don’t want to be locked in on something that won’t be available when my allocation comes up.

OP
D

DriverMod

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi @DriverMod , congratulations on placing a deposit. Great decision! I’ve got an Emira and it’s always so much fun taking it out for a spin. 😀
Thank you! I can’t wait to drive the demo car when it shows up around December. I think after that waiting will be even more difficult!