Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

AMKV28

Reaction score
911T needs to be with rear axle steering option. interior upgrade option as well. the 911T needs a few things to consider getting one.

This is a $125k build (US dollars). I just bought a 2023 718 Boxster T. I am like the T master currently. It would be a shame and not look right unless you get this set-up.

that's a LOT more than an Emira. I would not get the 911T without these features. By the way, the 125k price seems high but really is a steal for what you get. Stunning in person, T's are. And so wonderful wonderful to drive. WOW.

(this should answer anything that the T thread has, which is 90% people who dont own T's or know how to spec out porsche's properly. These long threads on here are so freaking boring and meandering,)
I just drove a 991.2 T and it was incredible. The shifter and red line to 8,000RPM. The car felt so light and toss able. I liked the Emira but engine sound was not as great as the 911. The SC on Emira whines behind you.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm from Canada. 40% exchange. Did you test drive Emira and how did you find it compared to 911T
Sorry haven’t driven either. I capped myself at 80 or so. If a good 991 T sneaks into my budget in the next 24 months I’m going to buy it and keep it forever
im a dd GT/road trip guy use wise

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry haven’t driven either. I capped myself at 80 or so. If a good 991 T sneaks into my budget in the next 24 months I’m going to buy it and keep it forever
im a dd GT/road trip guy use wise
Thought you were crushing on the C8?

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thought you were crushing on the C8?
My 3 are Boxster t C8 htc and Emira AMG BUT, as covid runs it’s course on used p car pricing, my FAV 80k car is a sub 20k miles CPO 2019 911T
i like the 718T because it comes with all the Porsche performance bits that are so expensive ala carte,
I like the c8 because I never owned a V8, it’s a completely new experience
i like the Emira cause it’s a sexy bitch I’m most concerned I’ll be perched on the seat like I am in my TT. ILL never do perchEd again. The 718 and c8 get me nice and low 6’1” 225
if the Emira was a convertible, it would be the car for me hands down.

Last edited:

Stonecutter

Reaction score
New here, exactly my conundrum. My mind says 911T and I want the 2018/19 version. My heart says emira. I am currently enjoying a 2013 manual TTRS with slow miles and I have to say it is beyond fantastic as my first weekend car. I don’t want to go backwards in sound and usability, but it has me curious on a more pure sports car and I am very indifferent on the ttrs looks.

I’m sure the 911T or a 911 is better, but the emira looks amazing and should be fun as hell. I’m not in a hurry, I really need to see an emira, then decide if sport or tour is right, then see where used 911 pricing is as it was noted it just went insane. There are a million 911s and frankly the used market is absurd.

AMKV28

Reaction score
I drove a 2018 nand 2019 911T yesterday. They are asking $140 to $170K CDN for CPO. It's crazy what used car market is. Better off buying Emira then then buy a new 911T when it is available in 3.5 years.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I drove a 2018 nand 2019 911T yesterday. They are asking $140 to $170K CDN for CPO. It's crazy what used car market is. Better off buying Emira then then buy a new 911T when it is available in 3.5 years.
i cannot see a reason to pay even 80% of what MSRP was on a sports car. The person that had no sense to sell a car so new also probably drove it cold at 100 mph out of the dealership with 20 miles on it, no break in etc.
bros who flip are morons. bros drive like morons. why buy a car from a person who was a moron? AND spend a lot of money? 50% of original MSRP is only what a person should spend give or take of a used sports car.

buy them new, yes.

AMKV28

Reaction score
i cannot see a reason to pay even 80% of what MSRP was on a sports car. The person that had no sense to sell a car so new also probably drove it cold at 100 mph out of the dealership with 20 miles on it, no break in etc.
bros who flip are morons. bros drive like morons. why buy a car from a person who was a moron? AND spend a lot of money? 50% of original MSRP is only what a person should spend give or take of a used sports car.

buy them new, yes.
Hey, I agree with you. Some drivers have no respect for break in period or like you said, wait until oil temperature reaches 80 to 90 degree temperatures to drive the car. I'm just OCD that way and respect how these cars are to be driven.

Stonecutter

Reaction score
So I built a 992 Carrera T last night.

142-146k. How in the F? Starting at 116, and I didn’t do anything nuts, I built it like I was paying for it. I really didn’t have much fluff or so I thought.

What struck me is what is Porsche thinking here? Or P car customers. Because I then built a GTS and to my stunning surprise it was $5,500 more! Why would you price a T that close to a GTS ? I would rather have a T and money but there is no money so how would you not get a GTS?

Anyway, I’m not sure that this is a realistic competition. The emira I built was 95k Vs 140s for the T. I thought I would end up in the 120s from 116, so 140s was a shock. I’m talking seats, no interior upgrades, I did the glass roof, rear steering, and god for bid the lane assist package for safety.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

142-146k. How in the F? Starting at 116, and I didn’t do anything nuts, I built it like I was paying for it. I really didn’t have much fluff or so I thought.

What struck me is what is Porsche thinking here? Or P car customers. Because I then built a GTS and to my stunning surprise it was $5,500 more! Why would you price a T that close to a GTS ? I would rather have a T and money but there is no money so how would you not get a GTS?

Anyway, I’m not sure that this is a realistic competition. The emira I built was 95k Vs 140s for the T. I thought I would end up in the 120s from 116, so 140s was a shock. I’m talking seats, no interior upgrades, I did the glass roof, rear steering, and god for bid the lane assist package for safety.
Right, the Emira is a £60k car optioned to £77k/sub $100k, not really a fair comparison

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For fun my optioned T was 169,000. I did not think my options were to crazy! Maybe the carbon fiber roof and premium sound did it. For 170k P car I will stick with Lotus.

SuperBusa

Reaction score

Always the same with Porsche or Ferrari, headline low price, then hit you with the extras to make it the car you really want ;)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
For fun my optioned T was 169,000. I did not think my options were to crazy! Maybe the carbon fiber roof and premium sound did it. For 170k P car I will stick with Lotus.

Yup, same here.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
being a Porsche buyer, one has to think only like this:
1. the base car is uglier than a well optioned Corolla inside. It is not meant to be purchased.
2. dont be a cheap F***
3. Porsche can possibly reject a bare bones order. They got tired of crap looking non representative of their brand and style and this year just say NO finally.
4. dont be a cheap F***

Whatever you option upwards, is like 100% more enjoyable. +$30k in options is very normal. +40k is very normal. Spending $116k vs $140k creates a boring car someone will flip vs. beautiful car someone will keep.

and always, remember points 2 and 4.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
being a Porsche buyer, one has to think only like this:
1. the base car is uglier than a well optioned Corolla inside. It is not meant to be purchased.
2. dont be a cheap F***
3. Porsche can possibly reject a bare bones order. They got tired of crap looking non representative of their brand and style and this year just say NO finally.
4. dont be a cheap F***

Whatever you option upwards, is like 100% more enjoyable. +$30k in options is very normal. +40k is very normal. Spending $116k vs $140k creates a boring car someone will flip vs. beautiful car someone will keep.

and always, remember points 2 and 4.
Lol

Then why does Porsche offer the cloth interior? Other than Rear Axle Steering, what's is a must have option?

d15b7

Reaction score
These guys do a pretty comprehensive explanation of all the options and differences on the 912 T vs S vs GTS.

The review seemed like they were slightly better than luke warm on it. They did a review a while back on the Evora GT and raved about it. I’m real curious to see what they say when they get the chance to drive the Emira on the Angels Crest canyons.