Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lovely 😍
Be 110k with 'necessary' options mind
That would do me for life though.
For anyone complaining about power Litchfield do a Stage 1 tune on these to take them to 500bhp

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lovely 😍
For anyone complaining about power Litchfield do a Stage 1 tune on these to take them to 500bhp
it says same 0-60 as the S
4.2 seconds.... but with like 65 HP less..... I think the info has not been updated correctly and estimate 0/60 would be 4.5, BUT we know porsche do the opposite to Lotus and understate the figures so especially with PDK this car would break 4 seconds I feel.... and those with a current or very recent 911 will agree I guess.

In the EU this car is only about 20% more expensive than an Emira....... !!!!! (true Emira fully loaded and Porsche basic spec... hence make their money on the next 15k you add to it)

I dont wish to be an arse..... but...... sometimes you just cant help it...... all things considered, this car is worth way more than 20% more than an Emira in hard cold general terms, not romantic terms. Looks are subjective, but I love the way both of them look. They are both way too large/ heavy / wide for my taste to be "real" sports cars and are more touring sports cars IMO.

Porsche has parts availability, in general, more dealers than local branches of your bank, better luggage space and a much better interior.
Probably more economical, a worse sound, a better gear box although not phenomenal IMO. I think it will feel less sporty as you may sit higher, but cant remember now, its been a while since Ive been in a 992.

Power wise, I guess the car is not 385 and is closer to 395 on the Dyno, while the Lotus probably drops to 395 on the Dyno. But as Leonard said, a chip change and you have way more power than you need. A higher red line.... more colour choices.....
Downside.... you are now a porsche driver...and that sucks! haha

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
No options base model starts at ~$305k in Australia. About 50% more than an Emira.
interesting .... taxes change everything..... at 50% I'd say its not worth it especially with add ons, although base spec is not too bad..... interior screens and seats etc are top notch

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
it says same 0-60 as the S
4.2 seconds.... but with like 65 HP less..... I think the info has not been updated correctly and estimate 0/60 would be 4.5, BUT we know porsche do the opposite to Lotus and understate the figures so especially with PDK this car would break 4 seconds I feel.... and those with a current or very recent 911 will agree I guess.

In the EU this car is only about 20% more expensive than an Emira....... !!!!! (true Emira fully loaded and Porsche basic spec... hence make their money on the next 15k you add to it)

I dont wish to be an arse..... but...... sometimes you just cant help it...... all things considered, this car is worth way more than 20% more than an Emira in hard cold general terms, not romantic terms. Looks are subjective, but I love the way both of them look. They are both way too large/ heavy / wide for my taste to be "real" sports cars and are more touring sports cars IMO.

Porsche has parts availability, in general, more dealers than local branches of your bank, better luggage space and a much better interior.
Probably more economical, a worse sound, a better gear box although not phenomenal IMO. I think it will feel less sporty as you may sit higher, but cant remember now, its been a while since Ive been in a 992.

Power wise, I guess the car is not 385 and is closer to 395 on the Dyno, while the Lotus probably drops to 395 on the Dyno. But as Leonard said, a chip change and you have way more power than you need. A higher red line.... more colour choices.....
Downside.... you are now a porsche driver...and that sucks! haha
0-62 is 4.5s

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lovely 😍
Yeah just done my spec came out @110k this is a serious contender against the Emira especially if you are looking to PCP finance as the Porsche residual on this car will be high.

So looking at it against the Emira another 5 to 10k deposit and £200 to £300 a month, definitely worth a look.

Amazing with the black pack aerokit added.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
interesting .... taxes change everything..... at 50% I'd say its not worth it especially with add ons, although base spec is not too bad..... interior screens and seats etc are top notch
140 k euros in Spain.
with same options as Emira FE, around 160k euros.

That's 40k euros difference .

different beast, different price, lol

kenniGT

Reaction score
Harry reported all porsche are noisy on motorway (tyre/wind noise). For me unacceptable for £100k+ aspirating to be sports/every day car.
How is emira doing in this regard?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah just done my spec came out @110k this is a serious contender against the Emira especially if you are looking to PCP finance as the Porsche residual on this car will be high.

So looking at it against the Emira another 5 to 10k deposit and £200 to £300 a month, definitely worth a look.

Amazing with the black pack aerokit added.
Did mine 116k but the carbon bucket seats aren't showing yet so let's call it an even 120k 😄

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Harry reported all porsche are noisy on motorway (tyre/wind noise). For me unacceptable for £100k+ aspirating to be sports/every day car.
How is emira doing in this regard?
If you watch Harry's video review of the Emira he compares.
Off top of my head the Emira was similar on Sports suspension.

kenniGT

Reaction score
If you watch Harry's video review of the Emira he compares.
Off top of my head the Emira was similar on Sports suspension.
Yes, I wonder what other owners say. He reported much better noise results on tour suspension.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Did mine 116k but the carbon bucket seats aren't showing yet so let's call it an even 120k 😄
if it wasnt for the very dated interior of the 718...the spyder would be a better bet...... and even with the interior...perhaps

kenniGT

Reaction score
if it wasnt for the very dated interior of the 718...the spyder would be a better bet...... and even with the interior...perhaps
For me empty buttons in mid console are just biggest no no, when I look at spending monies on this car. That lazy and reminds you everyday, you did not spend another 50k on stupid options.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
How is starting at £98.5k comparable to starting at £60k?
In the EU, the car wont start at that price, or anywhere close to it, perhaps in Germany at best.
In the UK, I still dont think on the road it will be any less than 65-70 when it comes to the base edition .... we shall see.

Base car delivery could also be about 2 years away.... T i guess you would get in 12 months... maybe less...