Corvette C8

Vanman1936

Reaction score
I have a V6 FE on order, was meant to be next month but have changed my spec to Nimbus / Tour from Verdant / Sport which means a delay of a few months.

So I started looking around at alternatives. Looked at the C8. Now delivery is 2 years away so not a viable replacement but they do look like epic value and great reviews. Plus will be very rare in the UK.

Anyone been in one?

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have a V6 FE on order, was meant to be next month but have changed my spec to Nimbus / Tour from Verdant / Sport which means a delay of a few months.

So I started looking around at alternatives. Looked at the C8. Now delivery is 2 years away so not a viable replacement but they do look like epic value and great reviews. Plus will be very rare in the UK.

Anyone been in one?
I dont own one so I am sure someone who does can chip in better. I have driven one, it was super quick and handled great, but the handling was like playing a video game in my opinion. Little feedback or resistance and went right where you put it. Could be good or bad, depending on how you feel about it. Very, very quick, a sensation you probably wont get in an Emira.

I dont think they are good looking, but I see about 5-10 per day in the summer so maybe with a rarity factor that would make me appreciate them more. Cockpit was very cockpit-y, not as connected to passenger. Could be good or bad also. I dont particularly have faith in chevy reliability at the moment from stories of my friend who owned a c7 z06 and traded for a c8, but again I dont own one.

They arent for me, but I can see the appeal!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Anyone been in one?
Not to sound like a ahole but if you search this has been discussed to nauseam! If you google search the C8 is having the same delay issues with parts supply problems. Production has been stopped multiple times.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I had to get a hold me over car as the emira wait is killing me. I test drove a 2023 vette and a 2022 camaro v8. I left with camaro. It was 40k cheaper and I enjoyed it so much more. Honestly if you are getting the emira I would hold off on a vette unless you just have cash burning a whole through your pocket. I was shocked at how boring both the wife and I found it. But I do live in the US and I see so many of these things on the road. It's like a corolla to me at this point.

Attachments

• Resized_20220909_183420.jpeg
    Resized_20220909_183420.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Resized_Picsart_22-09-09_18-25-32-246.jpeg
    Resized_Picsart_22-09-09_18-25-32-246.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 52
OP
V

Vanman1936

Reaction score
Not to sound like a ahole but if you search this has been discussed to nauseam! If you google search the C8 is having the same delay issues with parts supply problems. Production has been stopped multiple times.
This isn’t about delays, it’s about peoples perception in a lotus forum about a C8. Most items discussed on forums are elsewhere if you Google, but forums are about discussions. Your post adds nothing I am afraid

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This isn’t about delays, it’s about peoples perception in a lotus forum about a C8. Most items discussed on forums are elsewhere if you Google, but forums are about discussions. Your post adds nothing I am afraid
Actually I was telling you the C8 pile has been discussed to much on this forum. I just added the delay for you as a bonus. Sorry you were confused(y)

OP
V

Vanman1936

Reaction score
Yawn. Back on subject

I have actually put a deposit down on one. There will be less than 300 in the UK by 2025. Genuinely different car. If there is something better for £80k at the time just cancel my order. Drive the Emira until then. Win win 💪

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a C8 and a FE being delivered in the spring (if no other big delays). Visually I don't like some of the lines of the car and definitely the rear end is ugly but it is fun to drive. The magnetic ride is amazing and my wife really enjoys going for drives ... not so much in my other toys. Now that they have built like 60k+ of them, definitely not a unique car but I still really like driving. But even today, I still get people that come up to me asking what it is and much they like the look of it. Fast acceleration, hugs the road when cornering, convertible top down, love it. I know people that bought the Camaro as it also has similar traits but for me, I don't like it at all. So, for what I get, it is worth it no doubt. In the US, if you buy from one of the top dealers, the wait is on average 10mo but smaller dealers it is 18mo+. Good luck

OP
V

Vanman1936

Reaction score
I have a C8 and a FE being delivered in the spring (if no other big delays). Visually I don't like some of the lines of the car and definitely the rear end is ugly but it is fun to drive. The magnetic ride is amazing and my wife really enjoys going for drives ... not so much in my other toys. Now that they have built like 60k+ of them, definitely not a unique car but I still really like driving. But even today, I still get people that come up to me asking what it is and much they like the look of it. Fast acceleration, hugs the road when cornering, convertible top down, love it. I know people that bought the Camaro as it also has similar traits but for me, I don't like it at all. So, for what I get, it is worth it no doubt. In the US, if you buy from one of the top dealers, the wait is on average 10mo but smaller dealers it is 18mo+. Good luck
Interesting. I can’t afford BOTH (you lucky devil). In the UK the C8 will be ultra rare, like in the hundreds, and that appeals to me.

Have done the Porsche thing (great cars but common), never had a lotus but always wanted one (and the Emira will hopefully live up to it) and love a leftfiled car. I mean I have had a TR7 and an FSO before I was 19 (both AWFUL) and a Maserati in recent years. So a C8 actually ticks quite a few boxes…the wife will kill me when she finds out, she is a yank and hates them.

On reflection this may be my obituary!

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just don’t understand wanting a rare car so you stand out. Hustling down a road standing out is counter intuitive to me (police) I also go into various cities at night (Baltimore Philly Brooklyn) and street park to see live music. It might be foolish to do this with an Emira. I LOVE C8s are becoming passé and invisible. I LOVED my test drives, def drive one. Whatever I buy will be my only car

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting. I can’t afford BOTH (you lucky devil). In the UK the C8 will be ultra rare, like in the hundreds, and that appeals to me.

Have done the Porsche thing (great cars but common), never had a lotus but always wanted one (and the Emira will hopefully live up to it) and love a leftfiled car. I mean I have had a TR7 and an FSO before I was 19 (both AWFUL) and a Maserati in recent years. So a C8 actually ticks quite a few boxes…the wife will kill me when she finds out, she is a yank and hates them.

On reflection this may be my obituary!
There are worse ways to go..:)

OP
V

Vanman1936

Reaction score
I just don’t understand wanting a rare car so you stand out. Hustling down a road standing out is counter intuitive to me (police) I also go into various cities at night (Baltimore Philly Brooklyn) and street park to see live music. It might be foolish to do this with an Emira. I LOVE C8s are becoming passé and invisible. I LOVED my test drives, def drive one. Whatever I buy will be my only car
Rare usually equals “character” for me, so perhaps bad articulation….I like character. And having done the “normal”, different does appeal. Zero interest in another Porsche (as good as they are)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Rare usually equals “character” for me, so perhaps bad articulation….I like character. And having done the “normal”, different does appeal. Zero interest in another Porsche (as good as they are)
Will the Emira be your only car?

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nope, have an Alfa Stelvio Quadrathingy (amazing thing) and planning on an MX5 BBR / similar for track work. I consider myself very lucky with that harem. Yourself?
I’m a one car guy (cause $) but we recently moved from a snowy climate to a semi warm climate so my new daily can be RWD with seasonal snows. I love my TT but you just can’t beat RWD.
‘I’m looking at 718T, c8 and Emira :cool:

drove a 4 cyl Stelvio, really dug it but my girl loves her stupid Cx5

the reason I asked if this was going to be your only car is you can only have so much character in a do all car.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
That's true to each there own. And the vette is a lot of car in terms of power. I just like a sense of uniqueness in a car. The camaro definitely doesn't get that either lol as they are a dime a dozen here too. But I know the lotus is coming and the vette was 97k while the camaro was 49k. So for me if I'm dropping 100k on a car I want it to stand out. But I'm also not a track guy and I'm more of a Sunday cruiser. So I see the love for the vette, just isn't my style. However, in the UK it is rare so maybe I'd view it different as it is a powerful machine and if you get an allocation without the crazy markups definitely a lot of bang for your buck. When I was looking they were all 90k+ most well into the 100s.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I suppose it depends where you live but here in So. Kalif I don't think I'd have an Emira as my only car. Much like I make my poor wife drive something less flashy than a Bentley Bentayga as we go to lowly places like Walmart where she could be followed home and robbed because of what she's driving. The world is too dangerous today sadly. Not trying to talk my old lion buddy out of buying his Emira though...:)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah the $80k vert vette with base interior and ALL the performance options works for me. The loaded $105 vette def doesn’t. Price performance is a HUGE part of the attraction for me. And how many boosted 4s do I have to own? Time for a diff experience

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's true to each there own. And the vette is a lot of car in terms of power. I just like a sense of uniqueness in a car. The camaro definitely doesn't get that either lol as they are a dime a dozen here too. But I know the lotus is coming and the vette was 97k while the camaro was 49k. So for me if I'm dropping 100k on a car I want it to stand out. But I'm also not a track guy and I'm more of a Sunday cruiser. So I see the love for the vette, just isn't my style. However, in the UK it is rare so maybe I'd view it different as it is a powerful machine and if you get an allocation without the crazy markups definitely a lot of bang for your buck. When I was looking they were all 90k+ most well into the 100s.
I think Vette style peaked with the c6 which from some angles is pretty similar to the Emira. Maybe that's why i like it so much..:)