Anybody looking for a very fast Porsche?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This one looks exceptionally nice for the price. Turbo S with a half cage and a fuel cell.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/689121484

1712252217772.png

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A half cage and fuel cell on a Turbo S with stock seats is a curious build. 🤔 My guess is the owner removed some of the other aftermarket bits before putting this up for sale. I wouldn't be surprised to see holes in the floor for a anti-sub belts among other track oriented things. While I've seen Turbo S's hustle around a race track very effectively, I'd say that isn't their natural habitat.

Last edited:

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is it though? It's 10 years old, 40k, and out of warranty.. and likely tracked hard. 😂
Yeah, it's a heck of a lot of fun if it's in good shape and wasn't ridden hard and put up wet, and much more likely a heck of a lot of trouble and expense...

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can someone please explain to me what I'm looking at here? 😅

1000010125.jpg

OP
Porter

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can someone please explain to me what I'm looking at here? 😅

View attachment 40551
Radium fuel cell. Very common track upgrade for a range of different cars. It has a bladder system internally that holds the fuel and prevents vapor leak if the main housing is cracked in a crash. These are FIA and SFI certified for safety, which is an important thing for passing certain kinds of track inspection.

Subw00er

Reaction score
Radium fuel cell. Very common track upgrade for a range of different cars. It has a bladder system internally that holds the fuel and prevents vapor leak if the main housing is cracked in a crash. These are FIA and SFI certified for safety, which is an important thing for passing certain kinds of track inspection.
Which means.. it was a stealthy track car. :) That's going to turn a lot buyers off, and it priced accordingly. In general, that gen 911 even as a turbo.. $110k just seems like too much - irregardless of where the rest are priced.. I'd rather have an Emira!