Got my Emira - questions anybody?

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know many of you are eagerly waiting for news and maybe I can give a little bit back to this community of likeminded enthusiasts after all the months it has kept the waiting somewhat entertaining. 😅

While I have already posted some impressions on my introduction thread, maybe I can provide pictures or infos about the car that many of you have been waiting for.

Stuff I didn't hear about before spending the first day with the car:

* There are driver profiles in the entertainment system and you can lock them with a PIN code. They seem to remember car settings like mirror positions, infotainment screen setup and so on.

* The scorpion tracker seems to have a proximity alarm when the car is locked (at least something beeped when I leaned close to the locked car).

* The cupholders have ambient light in them. 🧐

* The engine / supercharger is more noticeable on the "RHD" driver seat (my passenger seat). One might say the car sounds better on the right side 😅

* The boot lid makes a squeaking noise when opening(?!) from some plastic flexing inside the engine bay.

* You can mute the audio by swiping down on the steering wheel audio controls and unmute by swiping up.

* Lotus has no official run-in period / after sales service anymore. First service in one year or 16000km.

* The sport suspension is 1cm lower than the tour setup, even though Lotus stated the drive height is the same. It definitely is not!

If you want to know any more details - let me know 🙂

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know many of you are eagerly waiting for news and maybe I can give a little bit back to this community of likeminded enthusiasts after all the months it has kept the waiting somewhat entertaining. 😅

While I have already posted some impressions on my introduction thread, maybe I can provide pictures or infos about the car that many of you have been waiting for.

* There are driver profiles in the entertainment system and you can lock them with a PIN code. They seem to remember car settings like mirror positions, infotainment screen setup and so on.

* The scorpion tracker seems to have a proximity alarm when the car is locked (at least something beeped when I leaned close to the locked car).

* The engine / supercharger is more noticeable on the "RHD" driver seat (my passenger seat). One might say the car sounds better on the right side 😅

* The boot lid makes a squeaking noise when opening(?!) from some plastic flexing inside the engine bay.

* You can mute the audio by swiping down on the steering wheel audio controls and unmute by swiping up.

* Lotus has no official run-in period / after sales service anymore. First service in one year or 16000km.

* The sport suspension is 1cm lower than the tour setup, even though Lotus stated the drive height is the same. It definitely is not!

Thank you for this! Congratulations... many of us, myself included are very jealous. (Early depositer from the US here...)

Did you get the sport suspension? Do you plan to daily the car? I'm assuming manual transmission, right?

Overall early opinion... are you happy?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
and on that bombshell its time to say goodnight
where is @emiraspain when you need him... the ride height controversy king!

Did you measure the difference between tour and sport? How can this be confirmed?

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@CoryC Thanks! Yes, very much so!
I got tour suspension because I want to use the car more than the Evora GT430 which always felt a bit too dialed in for my preference. Initial feeling - very happy! Yes, the car is a manual. Some more details about this already on the introduction thread :)

@Lotustoronto I had my car (on tour suspension) standing next to the other cars at the dealer which are all on sport suspension. I measured the gap between wheel arch and tire and it's about 1cm more on my car than all the sport suspension cars at the dealer.

Not a biggy for me personally, it looks good to me since I prefer the usability over the sportiness.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@CoryC Thanks! Yes, very much so!
I got tour suspension because I want to use the car more than the Evora GT430 which always felt a bit too dialed in for my preference. Initial feeling - very happy! Yes, the car is a manual. Some more details about this already on the introduction thread :)

@Lotustoronto I had my car (on tour suspension) standing next to the other cars at the dealer which are all on sport suspension. I measured the gap between wheel arch and tire and it's about 1cm more on my car than all the sport suspension cars at the dealer.

Not a biggy for me personally, it looks good to me since I prefer the usability over the sportiness.
I definitely plan to daily drive mine... went touring just the same, so thats why I asked. Super happy for you! I'm assuming you see a noticeable difference over the GT?

(Also, please link your intro post/thread; I apologize if I'm asking things you've already mentioned!)

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I see that this ride height thing is a controversial topic. I didn't take photos of me comparing the height but I took these at the dealer.

Blue car and yellow car with red calipers are customer cars on sport suspension:

BAAD2C8B-65A3-4CB4-8E99-C8AE34778461.jpeg
D7436708-AE31-4B46-9077-3F2A2571B3C5.jpeg

This is my car on tour suspension. The difference is hard to tell on the picture. But it definitely exists, even if its not much.
476DB10E-409A-4C3E-B5D1-F38F053DF6D4.jpeg

And here is the complete sideprofile of mine, I think it could be lower but it doesnt look too high in my opinion:

3918976F-556D-4500-BEDB-23700F94FD86.jpeg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well this place is about to burn down to the ground.

Quoting myself to add some thoughts I had earlier this year about the spring rates.

We also know the spring rates from harry's garage video are indeed shorter now AND progressive spring rates for both touring and sport springs which throws a whole different monkey wrench into this.

Sort of backs up the 10mm difference.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
where is @emiraspain when you need him... the ride height controversy king!

Did you measure the difference between tour and sport? How can this be confirmed?
he's in bed... and we've been there, done that...... I am sure there is a difference, but it could be human error..or it could be it will settle down....or it could be Lotus telling porky pies.....
I've not had the best of days and when I got home after padel, one of my damn dog had chewed my damn new slipper to top it all off.....
Its a good job shes got cute puppy dog eyes, otherwise I'd have made her eat it instead of her food....

good night

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
(Also, please link your intro post/thread; I apologize if I'm asking things you've already mentioned!)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I see that this ride height thing is a controversial topic. I didn't take photos of me comparing the height but I took these at the dealer.

Blue car and yellow car with red calipers are customer cars on sport suspension:

View attachment 10215View attachment 10216

This is my car on tour suspension. The difference is hard to tell on the picture. But it definitely exists, even if its not much.
View attachment 10217

And here is the complete sideprofile of mine, I think it could be lower but it doesnt look too high in my opinion:

View attachment 10218
If it were any lower, you wouldnt even need to raise your foot to get into it, you would just slide...
looks great.... looks LOW...

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Question @hml_xy :) are you mechanically inclined? Could you find out if there are any markings on the wheels that indicate the offset of the front and rear wheels?

Wanting to get some real specs on the wheels!

Last edited:

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Could you find out if there are any markings on the wheels that indicate the offset of the front and rear wheels?
There wasn't be anything visible from the side of the car, as the markings seem to be on the inside of the wheels. A mirror and flashlight could help...

haaaake

Reaction score
OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is quite literally a "Running-in" section of the handbook. As well as extremely detailed service intervals.

View attachment 10219

What I was refering to is that (at least thats how it was done in Germany) you had to bring the car back to the dealer for a first, free service after I believe 1500km (?). Part of this service was that your driving profile was read from the ECU and this data was send back to Lotus, who were reserving the right to reject warranty claims in case the run in wasn't done properly.

@idleuser I'll measure the wheels later today, offset I have to figure out how to measure.