Anybody here ordered from Hi-Tech Motors (Lotus of Austin)

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If anybody has an order with Hi-Tech Motors (Lotus of Austin), could you please let me know when you placed your deposit and when your order was sent to Lotus (this would be when you received the call to lock in spec)? 🙏

I don't understand why my order with a pre-reveal deposit was not placed in March 2022 when Lotus started locking in orders. Instead they waited until May 2022. Obviously I asked them but they are dodging the question.

I am wondering if maybe this specific dealership was not able to submit orders until May or if they really did drop the ball.

So... anybody here with a 'Original Order Submission' date of March 2022 from Hi-Tech Motors?

1675810425109.jpeg

AJ29

Reaction score
When did you place a deposit? I placed a deposit the day of announcement, I think July 7, 2021 and my submission was may, 2022.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting. I placed a deposit July 1st 2021, a week before the reveal.

So I am wondering if Lotus didn't take Hi-Tech orders until May. Otherwise, why would our orders not have been submitted in March?

AJ29

Reaction score
Interesting. I placed a deposit July 1st 2021, a week before the reveal.

So I am wondering if Lotus didn't take Hi-Tech orders until May. Otherwise, why would our orders not have been submitted in March?
I had wondered that as well but I was approximately number 6 or so on the list as far as I know so I just figured other people were before me and figured they were taking 2-3 per month, but if you’re ahead of me then the first batch must have all
been in May.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sucks for us but makes me feel better I am not alone haha.

Yeah I was 3 on the list apparently. It's been like pulling teeth to get any information out of them. This all stemmed from me asking questions regarding the delivery time table posted above (sent by Lotus of Indianapolis to their customers). Hi-Tech had no idea what I was talking about. So either they are dropping the ball or Lotus doesn't update them as often as they do other dealerships.

AJ29

Reaction score
I have two different sheets. One that’s an order request with my deposit date on it, and then another that’s the final order dated may 19,2022.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just have the one for the initial deposit. They never sent anything to me after my final order.:rolleyes:

AJ29

Reaction score
Maybe they had the email spelled incorrectly, and maybe we will get lucky and that list isn’t set in stone so we will get bumped based on deposit placements, but at this point I doubt it.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
yup, fingers crossed! But I doubt it as well. I'll keep this thread updated if I hear anything new. Thanks for sharing that info with me!

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If anybody has an order with Hi-Tech Motors (Lotus of Austin), could you please let me know when you placed your deposit and when your order was sent to Lotus (this would be when you received the call to lock in spec)? 🙏

I don't understand why my order with a pre-reveal deposit was not placed in March 2022 when Lotus started locking in orders. Instead they waited until May 2022. Obviously I asked them but they are dodging the question.

I am wondering if maybe this specific dealership was not able to submit orders until May or if they really did drop the ball.

So... anybody here with a 'Original Order Submission' date of March 2022 from Hi-Tech Motors?
Your order might not have been submitted due them receiving few allocations earlier. They know exactly how many they got each month and would have been able to tell you. Some of the better dealers were very transparent of the process and some .... well weren't.

alvitdk

Reaction score
Your order might not have been submitted due them receiving few allocations earlier. They know exactly how many they got each month and would have been able to tell you. Some of the better dealers were very transparent of the process and some .... well weren't.
Very late to reply, but I can tell you the reason...they are crooks. When I called to inquire about the order placement procedure, I was told I could pay an extra 15k and would be put at the front of the line, or regular pricing and wait would be much longer...went to Dallas and placed my order there. Some people probably paid the 15k and were put in front is my fair guess.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very late to reply, but I can tell you the reason...they are crooks. When I called to inquire about the order placement procedure, I was told I could pay an extra 15k and would be put at the front of the line, or regular pricing and wait would be much longer...went to Dallas and placed my order there. Some people probably paid the 15k and were put in front is my fair guess.
similar situation for me. I live in Austin but made my deposit with the Dallas location. I didnt get any sketchy option to pay extra to jump the line but I did get the impression they didnt care at all about me. I called them 3+ times trying to give them money for a deposit but they wouldnt answer their phones or said they would call back and never did.

the very last time I talked to them they told me they were refusing to take more deposits because they dont know how long the wait would be, so I suppose I need to give them some credit for being honest

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sent them an email asking them to confirm the latest news of cars being on the way but have not heard anything yet. They may just ignore me like they have done the last 3 times..