USA/Canada Delivery Thread

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When did the factory supposedly “punch out” these 700 cars? No one who has visited the factory (including me) has seen more than one U.S. car being produced on the line.
Don’t shoot the messenger, I was just relaying what my salesperson heard from his regional dealer rep. Would love confirmation from another source.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got confirmation, it's legit.

"
Yes should be here in December. The cars are on THE BOAT now we were just told this morning. We are going to have a direct line for Emira Customers straight to our EXPEL and Ceramic bay for those that want it done when they come in. I can have the pricing for that for you on MONDAY.

Thank You,
"
I’m definitely interested in this, I heard mentions this could be offered a year ago but haven’t seen anything since. Is there a thread or info on this? I imagine it has to be ordered through the dealer, I did tell mine I want the treatment if available. Finally ordered my V2 about a month ago.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From a website-
Currently, there are 14 other CARB states plus the District of Columbia that have adopted California’s emission standards. The CARB states (aside from California) include:

1. Colorado
  2. Connecticut
  3. Delaware
  4. Maine
  5. Maryland
  6. Massachusetts
  7. New Jersey
  8. New York
  9. Oregon
  10. Pennsylvania
  11. Rhode Island
  12. Vermont
  13. Virginia
  14. Washington
  15. Washington D.C.
There are other states such as Minnesota, New Mexico, as well as Nevada that are working toward passing legislation to become CARB states.
Interesting; looks like all the blue states. Park Place Lotus is in Bellevue, Washington. If they have to have CARB cert to sell a car to someone in Washington, I guess they can still sell to customers outside the state?

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
I don't think these are all 700 cars, just the first batch. I have also seen Facebook posts from people who took recent factory tours who saw more than a handful of US cars being made.
Which would make sense why not everyone has been notified. I’m first batch of FE1s.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m definitely interested in this, I heard mentions this could be offered a year ago but haven’t seen anything since. Is there a thread or info on this? I imagine it has to be ordered through the dealer, I did tell mine I want the treatment if available. Finally ordered my V2 about a month ago.
The PPF and Ceramic are being offered by Park Place themselves, it's not from Lotus, but I'm sure any dealer would have a connection to whomever they use for it.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got confirmation, it's legit.

"
Yes should be here in December. The cars are on THE BOAT now we were just told this morning. We are going to have a direct line for Emira Customers straight to our EXPEL and Ceramic bay for those that want it done when they come in. I can have the pricing for that for you on MONDAY.

Thank You,
"
*garage cleaning intensifies*

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well things are about to change if this is legit. I am staying even until the Baltimore scouts can verify.
. Also, what's stopping me from taking my car from a non carb state in my state that is carb? Just can't register?

Nobody will ever replace scott

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now we have to wait till Monday for the other dealers to tell us officially they have no news.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you get a recent model year Vantage in a manual?
Apart from the AMR Vantage version, I don't believe so. I had been looking at them a bit lately and AFAIK they only did the manual for the AMR version of which I heard only around 200 were produced in the US (since 2019). Good luck finding one.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting; looks like all the blue states. Park Place Lotus is in Bellevue, Washington. If they have to have CARB cert to sell a car to someone in Washington, I guess they can still sell to customers outside the state?
I wonder will the CARB states have more limiters installed on theirs.
Florida vs Cali spec rev limits and exhaust notes.
1699144822941.png

Jk

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder will the CARB states have more limiters installed on theirs.
Florida vs Cali spec rev limits and exhaust notes.
View attachment 33116
Jk

I don't think it works that way...My dealer is a NON carb state, but I live in a CARB state.....I don't think LOTUS or the dealer cares where its going as I believe the onus lies on the buyer to do things properly after the sale.

24EmiraUS

Reaction score
Just did some decent research and it appears the carb compliance is pointed more towards trucks and larger vehicles. As for normal passenger vehicle it looks like the regulation isn’t as strict. I’d wager the lotus will pass fine being that the engine is a Toyota transplant.

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
Received another email from SA.

-All FE1s are at Port Southampton and are to be ship loaded this week.

-EPA certification is complete

-CARB still pending

-Non CARB states will most likely get delivery before CARB states. (Unless CARB happens between now and ship arrival)

-All cars should be on USA soil by the end of November.

-Then dealer delivered.

Most of the above has been posted already. More a confirmation

Curious if cars will deliver to CARB dealers under stop sale or will they be on port hold until they get approved?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Received another email from SA.

-All FE1s are at Port Southampton and are to be ship loaded this week.

-EPA certification is complete

-CARB still pending

-Non CARB states will most likely get delivery before CARB states. (Unless CARB happens between now and ship arrival)

-All cars should be on USA soil by the end of November.

-Then dealer delivered.

Most of the above has been posted already. More a confirmation

Curious if cars will deliver to CARB dealers under stop sale or will they be on port hold until they get approved?

Other SA said they were enroute right now, yours says loaded this week. Maybe multiple shipments?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Other SA said they were enroute right now, yours says loaded this week. Maybe multiple shipments?
I e-mailed my dealer here in NC asking for confirmation as well but with this level of specificity, it's hard to imagine it's fake news this time around. Excited, but crossing fingers :)