Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

d15b7

Reaction score
I went and found it. This was those same guys reviewing the outgoing Evora GT up in the canyons. He seemed much more enthusiastic about the Lotus than the 911 T. I’m really really excited to see what they think of about the Emira when they get it out there.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol

Then why does Porsche offer the cloth interior? Other than Rear Axle Steering, what's is a must have option?

it can have that 718 T package for certain. that's the key to the T's, that interior package is great value and makes the look.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPK5DLZ3

this has everything that if you get it, youll see how pretty and functional it is. I added some not well known to this forum things, but it will make the interior very nice and classy.

$129k,390

Not bad for glory. nothing can be driven or as stylish classy well built for less aside from a smaller 718 T.

That all being said, the Emira v6 with MT was designed to be a notably better value than a 911. The 911 T has a lot of storage, especially with no back seats.

Last edited:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
it can have that 718 T package for certain. that's the key to the T's, that interior package is great value and makes the look.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPK5DLZ3

this has everything that if you get it, youll see how pretty and functional it is. I added some not well known to this forum things, but it will make the interior very nice and classy.

$129k,390

Not bad for glory. nothing can be driven or as stylish classy well built for less aside from a smaller 718 T.

That all being said, the Emira v6 with MT was designed to be a notably better value than a 911. The 911 T has a lot of storage, especially with no back seats.
Nice. My spec was carmine red, rear axle steering and different wheels.

I'd love to daily this. Is it doable? No sound deadening? Too harsh?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice. My spec was carmine red, rear axle steering and different wheels.

I'd love to daily this. Is it doable? No sound deadening? Too harsh?

All porsches have sound deadening and are built like tanks too. I mean, it has less, sure. Lightweight glass, hm. Ask a salesperson but i think maybe the lightweight glass is MORE sound deadening. not sure if it is that laminate stuff? I know the sound deadening option on the 911 regular uses lighter weight glass, like 95% positive it is lighter + more sound proof. Check if its the same one that also sort of blocks weak cell phones a bit. Not sure of what makes it lighter, glass wise.
I would only say that tire choice = road noise. My 718 T Boxster is so silent i have to open the windows to not feel all weird. I cant imagine a 911 T would be far off from that. A 911 regular is really quiet. but ask a good sales guy.

i recommend the Lighting interior package. It make it not totally dark inside late at night. Very subtle, but looks nice and the passengers really appreciate not smashing their hands and fumbling for lipstick that falls or when they drop the gag-ball and all that, debacle stuff.

I wonder how much engine noise vibrates through to you with no seats in the back. I wonder. I also wonder what a Burmester would sound like with no seats more space :D

probably really strong. Ridiculous price for it. i got it on my Boxster T. I just love the idea of OEM german audio nothing to add afterwards. I go to a lot of clubs and my dates are all club goers so music is key. That being said, the base Bose in a 911 is quite nice, really nice for free.

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just been reading about the 911T in evo, does make me smile how it's slower to 60 and 20bhp less than an Emira, same weight or probably heavier once specced, 25% higher price for less spec and no ones moaning about it being underpowered etc, hot hatch performance for over 100k and so on and so on....

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just been reading about the 911T in evo, does make me smile how it's slower to 60 and 20bhp less than an Emira, same weight or probably heavier once specced, 25% higher price for less spec and no ones moaning about it being underpowered etc, hot hatch performance for over 100k and so on and so on....
Manual vs Manual it's probably very close to the Emira.. Porsche always under rates its cars. PDK vs V6 Auto... Porsche will easily take it. Around track is going to be the interesting part. It weighs slightly more I believe. Do remember you are getting the build quality and 911 status with the 100K.

I still choose the Emira. But if I was going back to a 911..... I would take a T.

But yes it is odd that all the journalists praise the 992 T as if it is amazing, (which it probably is) yet the Emira which looks better and has very similar performance gets a meh, it's just ok. The only reason I can think of is their feelings on customer service and brand going forward. Lotus has to improve massively in build quality and aftercare to be considered in the same league as Porsche. Otherwise it will always be a small niche automaker. So far it seems that customer issues have been dealt with quickly and Lotus HQ looks determined to get rid of its old stigma's. 2023 will be a make or break year for them as far as Emira is concerned.

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Manual vs Manual it's probably very close to the Emira.. Porsche always under rates its cars. PDK vs V6 Auto... Porsche will easily take it. Around track is going to be the interesting part. It weighs slightly more I believe. Do remember you are getting the build quality and 911 status with the 100K.

I still choose the Emira. But if I was going back to a 911..... I would take a T.

But yes it is odd that all the journalists praise the 992 T as if it is amazing, (which it probably is) yet the Emira which looks better and has very similar performance gets a meh, it's just ok. The only reason I can think of is their feelings on customer service and brand going forward. Lotus has to improve massively in build quality and aftercare to be considered in the same league as Porsche. Otherwise it will always be a small niche automaker. So far it seems that customer issues have been dealt with quickly and Lotus HQ looks determined to get rid of its old stigma's. 2023 will be a make or break year for them as far as Emira is concerned.
I'm a big 911 fan and get their all round appeal, i have had half a dozen or so over the years but never really got the T, especially on the used market when you can get a gts for the same money.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@emiraspain He nails it pretty much, especially what the 911 has become.

that is SUCH a good looking car for MY taste, classy, and time will not deminish it, although the 992.2 or following model generally does down ward swipe the previous model. EVEN in yellow it looks good.

45kilos lighter... come on..... its marketing...
EMIRA looks great, it really does, but will it in 3 4 years? the 992 has quality written all over every element....
the Lotus ......
havent watched it all yet, got to pop out... will see the rest later, although I doubt he says much I've not said before, good old Doug!
Id like a test drive in a T...... on a good road and with good weather....

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
that is SUCH a good looking car for MY taste, classy, and time will not deminish it, although the 992.2 or following model generally does down ward swipe the previous model. EVEN in yellow it looks good.

45kilos lighter... come on..... its marketing...
EMIRA looks great, it really does, but will it in 3 4 years? the 992 has quality written all over every element....
the Lotus ......
havent watched it all yet, got to pop out... will see the rest later, although I doubt he says much I've not said before, good old Doug!
Id like a test drive in a T...... on a good road and with good weather....
I'd never be able to get over the fact that it's 10yrs on from my 997 GTS and that 100k 992 is 28bhp down on it.

911 just ages magnificently but I don't think the Emira will ever be considered anything but a beautiful design success

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just watched the Harry's garage collection video that dropped tonight and its got me all juiced up again.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd never be able to get over the fact that it's 10yrs on from my 997 GTS and that 100k 992 is 28bhp down on it.

911 just ages magnificently but I don't think the Emira will ever be considered anything but a beautiful design success
Agree, love Porsche, but after my test drive I am convinced that history will judge the Emira favourably.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

yes, as long as the bits in it are quality, if not...it will loose something for sure..... lets hope not

benjh1028

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A new (or at least new to me) 911T configurator is up on Porsche USA. Very slick.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A new (or at least new to me) 911T configurator is up on Porsche USA. Very slick.
I think a few of us on here have deposits down in the UK - Silverstone have told me I can expect mine in May, although I am a little sceptical that it will be that ‘soon’ 🧐

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I changed my Carrera T to and S as I want the 992.2 version now. Expected delivery summer 2024, so the plan is to keep the Emira for 1 year then get out with a small loss.

Then back to Porsche and wait to deposit on the new lotus EV or 718 EV

Eletre ordered delivery August/September this year, imagine if the Emira is delayed again and they both turn up together 😍 neighbours will hate me.