Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

AMKV28

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or thoughts on the 911T vs Emira? I know Cayman GTS is the closest comparison but the 911T appears comparable in terms of power-to-weight ratio and lightweight. The price is about $140K CDN which is $20K more than an Emira but you still need to add an option on the 911 that is not required as a pure driver's car.
I drove the Emira and my only gripe was the whining sound of the Supercharger behind me. Porsche's sound great but just wanted to see if anyone experienced the 911T as an alternate option than the Cayman GTS vs Emira?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or thoughts on the 911T vs Emira? I know Cayman GTS is the closest comparison but the 911T appears comparable in terms of power-to-weight ratio and lightweight. The price is about $140K CDN which is $20K more than an Emira but you still need to add an option on the 911 that is not required as a pure driver's car.
I drove the Emira and my only gripe was the whining sound of the Supercharger behind me. Porsche's sound great but just wanted to see if anyone experienced the 911T as an alternate option than the Cayman GTS vs Emira?
911T needs to be with rear axle steering option. interior upgrade option as well. the 911T needs a few things to consider getting one.

This is a $125k build (US dollars). I just bought a 2023 718 Boxster T. I am like the T master currently. It would be a shame and not look right unless you get this set-up.

that's a LOT more than an Emira. I would not get the 911T without these features. By the way, the 125k price seems high but really is a steal for what you get. Stunning in person, T's are. And so wonderful wonderful to drive. WOW.

(this should answer anything that the T thread has, which is 90% people who dont own T's or know how to spec out porsche's properly. These long threads on here are so freaking boring and meandering,)

Last edited:

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
911T needs to be with rear axle steering option. interior upgrade option as well. the 911T needs a few things to consider getting one.

This is a $125k build (US dollars). I just bought a 2023 718 Boxster T. I am like the T master currently. It would be a shame and not look right unless you get this set-up.

that's a LOT more than an Emira. I would not get the 911T without these features. By the way, the 125k price seems high but really is a steal for what you get. Stunning in person, T's are. And so wonderful wonderful to drive. WOW.

(this should answer anything that the T thread has, which is 90% people who dont own T's or know how to spec out porsche's properly. These long threads on here are so freaking boring and meandering,)
I sold my Cayman T once I had a confirmed build month for the Emira (January build, March delivery). It may have been a mistake to sell it so soon, especially if the Emira build gets delayed again. The Cayman T was great on track, but really didn’t feel particularly special…and it truly felt underpowered. That is likely not the case for the 911 T…I suspect that it will feel sufficiently powerful. Porsche build quality is amazing, but the 911 is a large car compared to the Emira - I like my sports cars on the smaller side. That said, if I end up unsatisfied with the Emira, I would likely get a 718 GT4 or a 911 T (if I can find an allocation).

Attachments

• F858B4FB-72C4-4DB6-922C-20ABC1DD6B7B.png
    F858B4FB-72C4-4DB6-922C-20ABC1DD6B7B.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 24

AMKV28

Reaction score

Just spoke to my Porsche dealer in Toronto and they informed me of a 3 year wait for a 911T. They have 2019 and 2018 991.2 but need to do research on them. I just want a fun summer car that is true drivers car with manual and my Daily driver of the Model 3 performance does not give as much engagement.
I find the Cayman GTS 4.0 is dated inside and liked the 2023 911 T

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I sold my Cayman T once I had a confirmed build month for the Emira (January build, March delivery). It may have been a mistake to sell it so soon, especially if the Emira build gets delayed again. The Cayman T was great on track, but really didn’t feel particularly special…and it truly felt underpowered. That is likely not the case for the 911 T…I suspect that it will feel sufficiently powerful. Porsche build quality is amazing, but the 911 is a large car compared to the Emira - I like my sports cars on the smaller side. That said, if I end up unsatisfied with the Emira, I would likely get a 718 GT4 or a 911 T (if I can find an allocation).

Well. The 718 T series is supposed to be style + driving dynamics + quality. If you specc'd it minimally interior wise, did not up up up the interior package and stuff, didnt get carbon fiber seats, while yes, it is a wonderful car still, you missed the extra jump of how it is. My ridiculously optioned 718 T boxster is something the average flip bro impulse buyer would not understand until they see it in person. It's super f'ing stylish. most style of the 718 series since it began 25 years ago.

Took months to preen and order properly. One cannot think with a wallet when buying a car to keep and immerse oneself in. Those Full Bucket Seats transform the experience. I don't do tracks. I drive hard in regular situations and excursions.
Also, if you got a Soul downpipe and some tuning, you would have approached 380 HP with not much effort.

I agree on the GT4 purchase however or a 911 T. It is a lot bigger of a car than an emira, but again it is porsche quality and style. A 911 T done the way i showed it would be enjoyable. I would say the GT4, properly optioned, is both stylish and a track item of considerable note. That 911 T is a swiss army knife though, and fully properly optioned, the 718 GT4 is really similar in price.

So sad for 3 year wait :( You need more under the table money and Porsches I bet :(

Of course, with probably hmm... $400 worth of parts and labor, you could make an Emira 450 hp just changing gears and belts in the Edlebrock supercharger.

in 20 years, the 911 T with rear axle steering and good visual options would be an extremely strong investment if you ever sell it. It is the most driver-ish car ubiquitously so.

I never sell anything and i never create a low spec vehicle, so there's that. Stripper 911's and 718's flood used car lots. I look in them and at them and yawn, as do potential buyers. 911 T specced properly is gorgeous and i imagine a super satisfying car to drive in any use or weather. Investment wise, of all the cars I have seen in the past two years, a properly pretty 911 T with rear axle steering (leave off the stupid weight adding nose lift, that's just lame, it's not a low car), and that would be the best investment.

However, I would bet $500 cash that in a street race a v6 Emira MT would demolish 911 T and 4.0 GTS.

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, with probably hmm... $400 worth of parts and labor, you could make an Emira 450 hp just changing gears and belts in the Edlebrock supercharger.

It's a little trickier than that. These blowers aren't as simple to upgrade as replacing the belt and throwing on a smaller pulley. They are sort of tamper proof thanks to the nose design. Check the aftermarket.. see any pully kits for the supercharged Evoras? Then there's tuning... options are limited to basically Komo-tech and BOE... both fairly expensive for minimal HP gains.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a little trickier than that. These blowers aren't as simple to upgrade as replacing the belt and throwing on a smaller pulley. They are sort of tamper proof thanks to the nose design. Check the aftermarket.. see any pully kits for the supercharged Evoras? Then there's tuning... options are limited to basically Komo-tech and BOE... both fairly expensive for minimal HP gains.

"nose design" what do you mean?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
How good/bad will a 911T be during a long highway commute to work 2-3x per week (70mi each way, light traffic)? Too noisy?

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How good/bad will a 911T be during a long highway commute to work 2-3x per week (70mi each way, light traffic)? Too noisy?

nah not noisy at all. if it has a "sound aktuator" Porsche thing, rip it out first day. Overall the 911's have good sound deadening. It would be a sweet commuter car. Lots of low end grunt for traffic too going slow. I mean it will have some extra noise if it has no back seats which are good sound blockers. But nah, be pretty quiet. I wonder if alcantara headliner muffles sound. alcantara is fuzzy and has a light foam layer. shrug? it looks nice and feels fuzzy :D

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
it is well known I am an Emira fan boy :D but there is no 'loaded' new 911 that I would not rather have than the Emira.

I'd also put the 997 GT3 over it, which is not a huge amount more, and possibly earlier 991 versions.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The only real alternative ad far as I am concerned. At an age where I will never buy an electric car and am wondering whether an Emira or T is the last car I buy. Currently Feb 22 build. Still contemplating a switch to 992 T.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The only real alternative ad far as I am concerned. At an age where I will never buy an electric car and am wondering whether an Emira or T is the last car I buy. Currently Feb 22 build. Still contemplating a switch to 992 T.
By a 991.2 T and a 40k weekend car of your choice

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
My poverty spec in the configurator included carmine red, nicer wheels, rear axle steering and I think that's about it. MSRP was $129k. Pretty steep I thought but seems Porsches cost that nowadays.

I guess the waiting list is probably 3ys so I could save and save...