People's reaction to your Emira

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This morning I went out for a drive and on the way back I took some back roads. Came to a stoplight and there was an elderly gentleman in front of me in an Alfa Spyder. He took off from the light, and I drove behind them, just to see him pull over, and let me go in front. He drove right behind me, and when I stopped at a resting place, he pulled over as well. He came out of the car, well dressed, shirt, scarf, and the quintessential sign of late age affluence - red trousers.

I thought he was going to tell me off, or something like that. But no. Not at all. He cracked a smile and said "Looks like a Lotus. Does it drive like one?". I said "Yes". He said "It reminds me of my Elise that I took on track days so many times. I miss it.". We proceeded to chat for a while, showed him the car, engine, etc. It was clear that despite his old age (he was certainly late 70s, probably 80s), his car passion was still strong. He took off in his Alfa, and all I could hear is him gunning it down the road.

I love that some people stay young at heart forever. I hope I do to. Just sharing what was a really nice experience this morning.
Let's hope that we can all remain as enthusiastic as that. But without the red trousers, whether we are affluent or not.

emirahl

Reaction score
From the "3 passes" we made a de-tour to Zermatt (Matterhorn) and than down to Lago Maggiore. We stayed in Hotel Bel Sit in Meina. Directly at the Lake perfect parking. From there we also just took the motor way down to Monaco, Toulon and than Mallorca.

On the motor way we filled up fuel. I had a problem with one of the fillers. The cashier came outside and let 4 people wait at the cashier inside just to help me. "Bella Maccina"

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Your comment reminded me of the sitcom, The Big Bang Theory.

Penny: I give up. He's impossible.
Sheldon: I can't be impossible; I exist. I think what you meant to say is, 'I give up; he's improbable'.

😆
I prefer incorrigible..

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This morning I went out for a drive and on the way back I took some back roads. Came to a stoplight and there was an elderly gentleman in front of me in an Alfa Spyder. He took off from the light, and I drove behind them, just to see him pull over, and let me go in front. He drove right behind me, and when I stopped at a resting place, he pulled over as well. He came out of the car, well dressed, shirt, scarf, and the quintessential sign of late age affluence - red trousers.

I thought he was going to tell me off, or something like that. But no. Not at all. He cracked a smile and said "Looks like a Lotus. Does it drive like one?". I said "Yes". He said "It reminds me of my Elise that I took on track days so many times. I miss it.". We proceeded to chat for a while, showed him the car, engine, etc. It was clear that despite his old age (he was certainly late 70s, probably 80s), his car passion was still strong. He took off in his Alfa, and all I could hear is him gunning it down the road.

I love that some people stay young at heart forever. I hope I do to. Just sharing what was a really nice experience this morning.
Lots of older people love this car. Little old lady stopped me as I came out of co-op to tell me how beautiful the car was, and I hope I enjoy it and use it well! I was surprised