People's reaction to your Emira

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It depends on whether you're referring to 'The Fast Show' or 'The Sun' headline for the Versace shooting.
Well I was referring to The Fast show, I am not a Sun reader and that sounds like a very very ill judged headline.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I was referring to The Fast show, I am not a Sun reader and that sounds like a very very ill judged headline.
No, nor am I but I do remember the fuss it caused at the time. I prefer your reference to The Fast Show.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just last weekend I've had several sports motorbike riders give the thumbs up and nod, kids pointing going "whoa" and a few waves from Ferrari and Porsche drivers. Plus one extra special 'bogan' in a G80 M3 tailing and trying to drag race (ignorance is bliss). :ROFLMAO:

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Latest overheard comment:

“Look at that Ferrari…………..wait, it‘s a LOTUS?!!”

IMG_1615.jpeg

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a BMW M2 Competition before my Emira and I can tell you the reaction the Emira gets is very different to that!
People genuinely do let me out at junctions, make space on the motorway etc, stop to comment and have a chat, it's a really nice reaction. The other day, I also had a guy in a yellow S1 Elise practically climb out of his car to shout "F*ck yes mate" at me as he drove past me (if you're on this forum, thanks mate you made my day!) :giggle:

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just back from a 2600 mile, 5 country tour of Europe and had only the most positive reactions. People pointed, ran towards, photographed, elbowed others, thumbed up, gathered around, shouted complements, asked questions and more, in France, Germany, Austria, Lake Bled - Slovenia and Dolomites - Italy.

IMG_7813.jpeg

The only annoyances were local youths, in previous decade BMWs, trying to provoke a race.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Driving to collect our velar from the garage yesterday in the emira, 2 mechanics run out from the neighbouring MOT shop..."we were debating what is it. He reckoned a Ferrari and I said a McLaren" - hearty conversation ensued about the car, the engine, etc etc...suffice to say they were fans.

This was a follow up to a supermarket shop where a Mum came over and rather gushingly complimented us on our choice of vehicle...full of questions and she couldn't stop looking as we loaded the car and drove off.

Seems to receive favourable reactions everywhere we go - much more so than any of the TVRs, Noble and Aston I have had in the past

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
had a Cayman GT4 pull along side me and give the diving version of 'ok' - which I took as a compliment 👌

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had quite a lot of negative reaction from Emiraphiles when then say I had stealth PPFd my red Emira! :D

Wait until they hear the new exhaust system.🫢

Car reaction has only been positive apart from that. Lots of quizzical looks at nobody knows what it is. I am pretty sure I would not even know what it was if an Emira was coming straight towards me.
what about the exhaust system? any update?

Peeltone

Reaction score
Few people taking photos and video on M6 north today and a couple lads in white GR Yaris giving the thumbs up. I had a passenger who is know to be a bit travel sick so was talking it easy :) #Forthedriversanddogs

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 132

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Few people taking photos and video on M6 north today and a couple lads in white GR Yaris giving the thumbs up. I had a passenger who is know to be a bit travel sick so was talking it easy :) #Forthedriversanddogs
"Puppers's reactions to your Emira"! 😍

I think you're the first forum member to post photos of their furry friend riding shotgun; love it!! 🤩

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello,

First time Lotus owner here, picked up my new Emira on Friday! Was hoping for a nice sunny day, but the UK weather never disappoints! Weather aside all I can say is WOW! If you are in the queue debating whether to cancel, don't do it! The car is amazing. Hopefully this isn't a curse, but 320 miles later it's running like a dream and I can report zero issues!

In terms of people's reactions - it's fair to say it's not a car for shrinking violets! The attention it garners is unreal! From passing motorists to pedestrians and in general anyone who see's it!

Needed to stop for fuel on Saturday at Leigh Delemere services between Bristol and Swindon and had my first Lotus owner to Lotus owner experience! A really nice chap came bounding over to me giving the thumbs up and explained he had an Elise S1 - really nice chap and if you are on the forum, hope to speak to you again in the future.