People's reaction to your Emira

rich64

Reaction score
Picked up my Emira yesterday, here in Auckland New Zealand. Ordered in July 2021. It has so been worth the wait. Hang in their if you are still waiting for your car to arrive.
The amount of thumbs up, smiles, camera action and random comments over the last two days has blown me away. You can't keep me out of it!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.03.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.03.33 PM.png
    685.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.03.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.03.11 PM.png
    811.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.02.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.02.43 PM.png
    784 KB · Views: 188

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked up my Emira yesterday, here in Auckland New Zealand. Ordered in July 2021. It has so been worth the wait. Hang in their if you are still waiting for your car to arrive.
The amount of thumbs up, smiles, camera action and random comments over the last two days has blown me away. You can't keep me out of it!!!
Congratulations! The car looks stunning and certainly turns heads... 😍 Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I last came back from France, I was stopped at the French port by the customs people. Two burly French customs guys pulled the car to one side and then got me to show them what was behind the seats and then open the boot. It became apparent fairly quickly that they were more interested in the car than the contents as they ignored the bags in the boot and started to ask me questions about the engine. As I closed up I noticed they started taking pictures of the car. They then asked me to start the engine and give it some revs as they made a video! Of course, I slotted it into track mode and obliged. Anything to keep on the right side of the French customs guys!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
When I last came back from France, I was stopped at the French port by the customs people. Two burly French customs guys pulled the car to one side and then got me to show them what was behind the seats and then open the boot. It became apparent fairly quickly that they were more interested in the car than the contents as they ignored the bags in the boot and started to ask me questions about the engine. As I closed up I noticed they started taking pictures of the car. They then asked me to start the engine and give it some revs as they made a video! Of course, I slotted it into track mode and obliged. Anything to keep on the right side of the French customs guys!

Haha! Something similar happened to my dad in his Lexus GS300. Cop pulled him and my mom over one night and just wanted to ask about his car. My dad worked for Lexus and ended up selling him a car! 😂

Waggers

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had the same experience on the way to Le Mans. They did ask permission to take a photo, which was rather sweet! And slightly surprising.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great posts, makes me kinda excited for when mine arrives

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

This car on your NZ roads, GAH that's the dream. Enjoy.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
this stories both excite me and worry me. more often than not im in no mood to talk to strangers and idk if im extroverted enough to deal with the attention.

it depends how often it happens

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Only in France 😁 Reminds me of an EVO article where the Gendarmarie pulled the reviewer in an F40 over and asked to be taken for a drive. He then kept pressing him to drive it faster and faster. Brilliant and unimaginable in the UK.

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  • Stpped numerous times at stop lights people giving thumbs up and wanting to talk about the car
  • Kids drop jaws and stare (When parked I always invite them to sit inside, makes their day)
  • An 80 yr old man asked to have a picture
  • Two old ladies asked me to rev it at the stop light ( hilarious)
  • Got stopped by bike gang, just to talk about it (little scary)
  • Only once had a bad experience with a douche that violently overtook me in a residential neighborhood in an old M3 for no reason whatsoever
Other than that surprisingly positive experiences. People don’t know what it it, so it triggers their curiosity.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
- I have had many videos and photos taken whilest driving
- People asking for revs
- Thumbs up from other drivers
- People letting me out of junctions a lot more than when I was in my Merc.
- Kids seem to stop and point a lot, tbf it does look like a Hotwheel lol
- Found a woman over the bonnet having a picture taken... sounds good, but she was no oil painting ! 😅
- Lots of nice comments when parking up. Beautiful is the word that is said the most.

All in all, if you don't like attention and lots of people talking to you about your car, then don't get one. Or at least don't go like me and get a bright yellow and black one.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
- I have had many videos and photos taken whilest driving
- People asking for revs
- Thumbs up from other drivers
- People letting me out of junctions a lot more than when I was in my Merc.
- Kids seem to stop and point a lot, tbf it does look like a Hotwheel lol
- Found a woman over the bonnet having a picture taken... sounds good, but she was no oil painting ! 😅
- Lots of nice comments when parking up. Beautiful is the word that is said the most.

All in all, if you don't like attention and lots of people talking to you about your car, then don't get one. Or at least don't go like me and get a bright yellow and black one.
You certainly get it with Shadow Grey, Black pack and red calliper's as well!!!

Roland

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a reaction that made me chuckle last night. Trundling down a residential road (40mph limit) in sport mode, an oldish looking resident walking out of his driveway cast me what I thought was a critical look for the noise/speed (I was accelerating but well within legal limit!) - but instead he gave me a big grin and a thumbs up - Legend!

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This morning I went out for a drive and on the way back I took some back roads. Came to a stoplight and there was an elderly gentleman in front of me in an Alfa Spyder. He took off from the light, and I drove behind them, just to see him pull over, and let me go in front. He drove right behind me, and when I stopped at a resting place, he pulled over as well. He came out of the car, well dressed, shirt, scarf, and the quintessential sign of late age affluence - red trousers.

I thought he was going to tell me off, or something like that. But no. Not at all. He cracked a smile and said "Looks like a Lotus. Does it drive like one?". I said "Yes". He said "It reminds me of my Elise that I took on track days so many times. I miss it.". We proceeded to chat for a while, showed him the car, engine, etc. It was clear that despite his old age (he was certainly late 70s, probably 80s), his car passion was still strong. He took off in his Alfa, and all I could hear is him gunning it down the road.

I love that some people stay young at heart forever. I hope I do to. Just sharing what was a really nice experience this morning.