• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

People's reaction to your Emira

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can picture the kid, showing the photo to and telling his friends that his dad just bought the Emira.....then the dad picks him up from school with the S63, only to hear, "Hey, that's not a Lotus!" ;)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100´s of reactions in the last few days, all positive, from kids to elderly people, they all smile and turn around to take picture, video, wherever I go. Many ask which football player am I.

Even the lady refilling in the Petrol Station kindly asked me if she could take pictures of the car, making a few customers wait till she finished her photo shooting. Those customers agreed and I had 7 people taking pictures and all waiting to refuel their cars!

But the most surprising and almost unbelievable, was last Friday, coming out from my favorite restaurant in Bilbao, there was a gentleman in the parking driving a Commercial van, started asking me questions about the car, and he was so happy and amazed, that he went to his van and took out a whole leg of Jamón Ibérico (Pata Negra), something around 600 Euros value, and insisted that he wanted to gift it to me because I deserved to enjoy such a beautiful car, and he wanted to contribute his way to the experience. He happened to be a producer from Salamanca introducing his products to the restaurant. And yes he did, of course I couldn't say no and for sure will remember this car like no other, even if it only for this gesture.
Here is the picture I took when I arrived home, and now I can confirm that the trunk not only fits the golf bag, but also a full size leg of ham, including a chorizo as extra.

IMG_7651.jpg
IMG_7653.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100´s of reactions in the last few days, all positive, from kids to elderly people, they all smile and turn around to take picture, video, wherever I go. Many ask which football player am I.

Even the lady refilling in the Petrol Station kindly asked me if she could take pictures of the car, making a few customers wait till she finished her photo shooting. Those customers agreed and I had 7 people taking pictures and all waiting to refuel their cars!

But the most surprising and almost unbelievable, was last Friday, coming out from my favorite restaurant in Bilbao, there was a gentleman in the parking driving a Commercial van, started asking me questions about the car, and he was so happy and amazed, that he went to his van and took out a whole leg of Jamón Ibérico (Pata Negra), something around 600 Euros value, and insisted that he wanted to gift it to me because I deserved to enjoy such a beautiful car, and he wanted to contribute his way to the experience. He happened to be a producer from Salamanca introducing his products to the restaurant. And yes he did, of course I couldn't say no and for sure will remember this car like no other, even if it only for this gesture.
Here is the picture I took when I arrived home, and now I can confirm that the trunk not only fits the golf bag, but also a full size leg of ham, including a chorizo as extra.

View attachment 24670View attachment 24671
What a story! First time I’ve ever heard of anyone being gifted a ham by an admirer! One for the history books? 😀

Hopefully that ham didn’t get cooked behind that hot engine! 🤣

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

There isn’t a suitable reaction emoji for this lol

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a story! First time I’ve ever heard of anyone being gifted a ham by an admirer! One for the history books? 😀

Hopefully that ham didn’t get cooked behind that hot engine! 🤣
True!
The ham is top quality, believe me.
Be aware, maybe when yours gets down under you will find an admirer gifting you a wallaby 🤣

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Reading this has given me even more anxiety about having the car

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Umm will share you stories soon maybe in late 2024 or 2025 or 2026 maybe 2027 depending on when they will actually be delivered 😋

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Funny story! You’ve reminded me I’m in Salamanca for a wedding in August 24 and May drive my Emira auto in Nimbus down from london with Mrs B and let the Bride and Groom use it on their big day.
A nice Lotus story I found out last weekend is his parents had an Espirt and Exige and used to use them on the school runs! Will keep you posted if happens 😎

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Funny story! You’ve reminded me I’m in Salamanca for a wedding in August 24 and May drive my Emira auto in Nimbus down from london with Mrs B and let the Bride and Groom use it on their big day.
A nice Lotus story I found out last weekend is his parents had an Espirt and Exige and used to use them on the school runs! Will keep you posted if happens 😎
Whatever I buy it’s getting shared. LOVE that you’re not a “no one drives my car but me” ashole

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I gotta say the main reaction I get to my Emira is laughter and disbelief.

"Wait, didn't you put down a deposit like 2 YEARS ago? And you still don't have the car?!?!?" (head shaking and muffled laughter follows)

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whatever I buy it’s getting shared. LOVE that you’re not a “no one drives my car but me” ashole
Wisdom is gained in many ways, including painful experience. I now am extremely selective/limiting as to who can drive my cars. To each his own, but I consider myself more “wise” than an “asshole”.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wisdom is gained in many ways, including painful experience. I now am extremely selective/limiting as to who can drive my cars. To each his own, but I consider myself more “wise” than an “asshole”.
You are wise and I meant no offense. Perhaps letting sons and bros drive my 14 thousand dollar Miata is not the same as letting them drive our 100k cars lol
i always asked the same 2 questions before I sent bros out in the nc2: can you drive stick? are you sober?
kiddingly all my bros called me a pussy for the Miata before they drove it but not after :p

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I gotta say the main reaction I get to my Emira is laughter and disbelief.

"Wait, didn't you put down a deposit like 2 YEARS ago? And you still don't have the car?!?!?" (head shaking and muffled laughter follows)
My friends are all laying into the vapor ware joke heavily now.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Cool story. The Emira is obviously a feast for the senses.
This also helps those concerned about the leg room.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You are wise and I meant no offense. Perhaps letting sons and bros drive my 14 thousand dollar Miata is not the same as letting them drive our 100k cars lol
i always asked the same 2 questions before I sent bros out in the nc2: can you drive stick? are you sober?
kiddingly all my bros called me a pussy for the Miata before they drove it but not after :p
No offense taken. I've just had enough experiences over the years with people who drove my cars with the same level of care that they drove their own shit boxes!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
PM me if you want a couple of weeks before, and if I am in Bilbao around that time, maybe we can catch up nimbus style!