• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Henry Catchpole - Carfection review

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
every time I see some new info in this thread I think his review is out, but nooooo noooo noooo....... its @Leonard off on a tangent, why are people from the westmidlands that way inclined? (yes I am too and thank you for having a sense of humour :))

I used to watch that German guys reviews, although he was/is very porschafiled, glasses, well turned out, kind of like a german technical version of catchpole.. hah
Speaking of which, are these damn catchpole and shizzy reviews going to even make it out before Tome gets his car. Talk about missing the boat!!!!
its like when you are hungry, after a certain amount of time, the hunger passes..... well thats the deal with these reviews, come on!
Its not like its the grand tour with literally hundreds and more hours of footage to edit, come on already!!! We want to argue again......

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
every time I see some new info in this thread I think his review is out, but nooooo noooo noooo....... its @Leonard off on a tangent, why are people from the westmidlands that way inclined? (yes I am too and thank you for having a sense of humour :))

I used to watch that German guys reviews, although he was/is very porschafiled, glasses, well turned out, kind of like a german technical version of catchpole.. hah
Speaking of which, are these damn catchpole and shizzy reviews going to even make it out before Tome gets his car. Talk about missing the boat!!!!
its like when you are hungry, after a certain amount of time, the hunger passes..... well thats the deal with these reviews, come on!
Its not like its the grand tour with literally hundreds and more hours of footage to edit, come on already!!! We want to argue again......
I will have you know I was on topic this time 😋 and I'm from the East Midlands, don't want to be confused with you cousin marrying West Midlanders with your Web feet and 6 fingers 😅😘
But yes where is this review....
Henry is just scaring me now and making me think he's taking the "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't day anything at all" approach. He does come accross as being a very nice polite chap 😅

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I will have you know I was on topic this time 😋 and I'm from the East Midlands, don't want to be confused with you cousin marrying West Midlanders with your Web feet and 6 fingers 😅😘
Henry is just scaring me now and making me think he's taking the "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't day anything at all" approach. He does come accross as being a very nice polite chap 😅
he comes across as a bit smarmy to me, trying too hard, no one is really like that. I bet he swears like a 4th division footballer, after being fouled, and not getting the foul by the ref.
ahh yes, derby, I dont even know my Uk geography, but I do know Hethel is well out of the way for nearly everyone that doesn't live there, and its a pain to get to for my lotus driving day august 6th, if they do indeed have cars. I will be 0-60ing it all the way around the track, if I dont break 5 seconds I will break something else.. hah

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw an Emira in Bury St Edmunds yesterday morning only got within 6 cars of it in a queue, but as you comment about DV above the car was in a dark colour, looked vaguely green to me but could have been Shadow Grey. Glad I went for bright blue!!!!
Still looked brilliant though!!
On an off-topic tangent, one time I was driving to Bury St Edmunds with a Colleague we nearly never got there as he couldn't get the satnav to accept it. I soon discovered the issue - he was trying to enter the address as "Bury Street" in "Edmunds". He is no longer with the company.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
On an off-topic tangent, one time I was driving to Bury St Edmunds with a Colleague we nearly never got got there as he could get the satnav to accept it. I soon discovered the issue - he was trying to enter the address as "Bury Street" in "Edmunds". He is no longer with the company.
I had one of our Reps call 📞 once for directions. Blindly followed SatNav to a flat in London. He was supposed to be at a Shop in Bath.... #how

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had one of our Reps call 📞 once for directions. Blindly followed SatNav to a flat in London. He was supposed to be at a Shop in Bath.... #how
There is a London road in Bath, mind you there is a London Road in most cities!

#whydoesnaturalselectionnoteliminatemoreoftheterminallystupid

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey - leave us Yam Yams out of this...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Denied Henry must still be editing, so frustrating...
Altho latest vid is good for all you Corvette fans!

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've been away from the forums for a couple of weeks thinking that when I come back there will surely be tons of final reviews and plenty of new information to come back to to. However, its basically the same as before lol.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been away from the forums for a couple of weeks thinking that when I come back there will surely be tons of final reviews and plenty of new information to come back to to. However, its basically the same as before lol.
When you put it like that it's a 'little' scary that there still isn't a final production car review a month after customers were supposed to get their cars

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When you put it like that it's a 'little' scary that there still isn't a final production car review a month after customers were supposed to get their cars
Yeah, I made my last comment prior to today on June 8th. Thats pretty miserable progress but what I've come to expect at this point. People will say its supply chain and to give them a break.

I placed a deposit with Porsche on May 7th for a GT4. My production time has not faltered at all. I was told delivery on October 29th and it has stayed completely true. I can still make changes to my build until August 31st, just like I was told. If you are not familiar, Porsche lets you track everything with your delivery online once you place the order. It shows you exactly where you are in your build and delivery process, how far away the car is in miles from you, how many days until the next step and final delivery, etc. I am not saying it will not be delayed, but there has not been any delays up until this point.

I feel bad for the people who expected to have cars to drive this summer, and also for those who want to make spec changes but were/are told they cannot without heavily increasing their delivery time. Then, those same people are told their delivery time has increased regardless. Meanwhile, I can make whatever changes I want to my GT4 up until 8 weeks from when its parked inside my garage. It just doesn't seem right to the Lotus customer, is all.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, I made my last comment prior to today on June 8th. Thats pretty miserable progress but what I've come to expect at this point. People will say its supply chain and to give them a break.

I placed a deposit with Porsche on May 7th for a GT4. My production time has not faltered at all. I was told delivery on October 29th and it has stayed completely true. I can still make changes to my build until August 31st, just like I was told. If you are not familiar, Porsche lets you track everything with your delivery online once you place the order. It shows you exactly where you are in your build and delivery process, how far away the car is in miles from you, how many days until the next step and final delivery, etc. I am not saying it will not be delayed, but there has not been any delays up until this point.

I feel bad for the people who expected to have cars to drive this summer, and also for those who want to make spec changes but were/are told they cannot without heavily increasing their delivery time. Then, those same people are told their delivery time has increased regardless. Meanwhile, I can make whatever changes I want to my GT4 up until 8 weeks from when its parked inside my garage. It just doesn't seem right to the Lotus customer, is all.
Isn't it amazing how a company the size of Porsche, with a vast dealer network, and a well-oiled production system they've been using for years, can make the new Lotus with all new facilities that haven't produced a car yet look like a small company? Who knew?

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how a company the size of Porsche, with a vast dealer network, and a well-oiled production system they've been using for years, can make the new Lotus with all new facilities that haven't produced a car yet look like a small company? Who knew?
Oh boy here we go... You act like you are Colin Chapman and I just fucked your wife. I am simply saying I feel bad for the Lotus customers.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh boy here we go... You act like you are Colin Chapman and I just fucked your wife. I am simply saying I feel bad for the Lotus customers.
Oh boy, here we go. So if I say something to put things in perspective it's an "Oh boy here we go..." but if you defend your post it's okay? Is there really any value in criticizing Lotus for these things at this point? They're not Porsche and aren't going to be. We've heard it. They aren't communicating with their customers they way we'd like. We've heard it. The delivery times have slipped. We've heard it.

It just starts to get ridiculous to see the same criticisms over and over and over and over like that's going to change anything. At this point it is what it is. You're either in or you're out. My car is going to be delivered when it's delivered; I'm not going to worry about it.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh boy, here we go. So if I say something to put things in perspective it's an "Oh boy here we go..." but if you defend your post it's okay? Is there really any value in criticizing Lotus for these things at this point? They're not Porsche and aren't going to be. We've heard it. They aren't communicating with their customers they way we'd like. We've heard it. The delivery times have slipped. We've heard it.

It just starts to get ridiculous to see the same criticisms over and over and over and over like that's going to change anything. At this point it is what it is. You're either in or you're out. My car is going to be delivered when it's delivered; I'm not going to worry about it.
I agree, if you want one and actually committed to your build?? then I do not have an issue. But if you want to continually wine and bleat on about this and that then go away Question for the administrators may be time to set up a forum for actual buyers, unique order log in etc.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Not ONE production ready car......

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree, if you want one and actually committed to your build?? then I do not have an issue. But if you want to continually wine and bleat on about this and that then go away Question for the administrators may be time to set up a forum for actual buyers, unique order log in etc.
Well I get that people are frustrated. I am too, but it isn't like Lotus isn't aware of all this and needs to be told. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but I doubt they're any happier with it than we are. It's just the way it is at the moment, and no amount of complaining or accusations is going to change anything for the better. If this isn't acceptable to you, move on. If you're in, then hunker down and be patient. There's nothing else to really do at this point.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Didn't Matt say that the Nimbus car behind him in his recent update video was the first "finished" customer car?

Yup, so where is it 😅 and wheres the bonnet gap. Compensation at the ready unless they have actually got rid of it 😅😋