• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Henry Catchpole - Carfection review

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yup, so where is it 😅
I don't know.

nobody-tells-me-nothin.gif

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not ONE production ready car......
Funny that really how they have now been talking about production cars since 2019 starting with the Evija, next thing you know we will all be sent email asking us to put a deposit down on the new type 135 and yes you guessed it, still no production cars. At that point we can all throw the towel in and except this is all just a really bad joke.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Didn't Matt say that the Nimbus car behind him in his recent update video was the first "finished" customer car?

He sure did, yet production hasn't actually started -- and those "few weeks" are looking like 8-12 weeks aren't they?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not ONE production ready car......
Yep. 12 months after showing a non-running hand-built studio model, and one running proof-of-concept car, they haven't produced one production ready car. That's no excuse for a small company with new facilities and an unprecedented world crisis affecting everyone. They should have seen all this coming and be on top of everything and running like a Swiss watch.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yep. 12 months after showing a non-running hand-built studio model, and one running proof-of-concept car, they haven't produced one production ready car. That's no excuse for a small company with new facilities and an unprecedented world crisis affecting everyone. They should have seen all this coming and be on top of everything and running like a Swiss watch.
Really..... are you sure you aren't on the pay roll 😅
If you don't think it's worrying that they are still developing a car that was due last month then more power to you. And relax

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really..... are you sure you aren't on the pay roll 😅
If you don't think it's worrying that they are still developing a car that was due last month then more power to you. And relax
Absolutely sure I'm not on the payroll. Worrying? Sure. With everything going on that's affecting manufacturing everywhere? Understandable. Do I like it? No, of course not. Can I change it? Nope. Will me endlessly complaining about it help? Nope.

I'm not endlessly complaining. I am relaxed. I'm in.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh boy, here we go. So if I say something to put things in perspective it's an "Oh boy here we go..." but if you defend your post it's okay? Is there really any value in criticizing Lotus for these things at this point? They're not Porsche and aren't going to be. We've heard it. They aren't communicating with their customers they way we'd like. We've heard it. The delivery times have slipped. We've heard it.

It just starts to get ridiculous to see the same criticisms over and over and over and over like that's going to change anything. At this point it is what it is. You're either in or you're out. My car is going to be delivered when it's delivered; I'm not going to worry about it.
You say you are not going to worry about it, but every time someone does not absolutely praise every facet of Lotus, you get up in arms. Leave it alone. Oh the 458 must be revving, oh this and that. Its ridiculous. There are plenty of positives about the cars Lotus is making, but there are also negatives.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You say you are not going to worry about it, but every time someone does not absolutely praise every facet of Lotus, you get up in arms. Leave it alone. Oh the 458 must be revving, oh this and that. Its ridiculous. There are plenty of positives about the cars Lotus is making, but there are also negatives.
I do not get "up in arms... every time someone does not absolutely praise every facet of Lotus". I've hardly been posting much at all lately because there's not much to say at this point. You're making that extreme exaggeration to justify your own continuing criticism. Who cares? Leave it alone indeed. Lotus isn't doing a great job through all of this. So what. That's pretty much the condition of the entire planet right now.

Take your own advice. Leave it alone.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do not get "up in arms... every time someone does not absolutely praise every face of Lotus". I've hardly been posting much at all lately because there's not much to say at this point. You're making that extreme exaggeration to justify your own continuing criticism. Who cares? Leave it alone indeed. Lotus isn't doing a great job through all of this. So what. That's pretty much the condition of the entire planet right now.

Take your own advice. Leave it alone.
While I agree with most of your stuff... I will say that deposit holders or anyone interested in ordering any Lotus should certainly point out their short comings when compared to their competitors. If we all just give up and say " oh well, it's a small company and it is what it is...." well, I don't think that is how a company gets better. They want to sell electric cars for over 100K.... they need to pull up their socks, be as good if not better than Tesla and Porsche and any other manufacturer playing in that field. Comm's included. They have an advantage by being small, easier to scale and should be able to move quicker when there are issues, a more nimble and focused business.

I think Lotus needs to be called out on things that major competitors do significantly better. One of them is the track your dream site for when you order a Porsche. Lotus North America is pretty much non-existent to a degree that is shocking. For an area that has more than 2,500 pre-orders for a 100K car (that's 250 MIL per year in sales) to have a support network to be non-existent is unacceptable. Oh, and maybe get a damn picture of DV!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
While I agree with most of your stuff... I will say that deposit holders or anyone interested in ordering any Lotus should certainly point out their short comings when compared to their competitors. If we all just give up and say " oh well, it's a small company and it is what it is...." well, I don't think that is how a company gets better. They want to sell electric cars for over 100K.... they need to pull up their socks, be as good if not better than Tesla and Porsche and any other manufacturer playing in that field. Comm's included. They have an advantage by being small, easier to scale and should be able to move quicker when there are issues, a more nimble and focused business.

I think Lotus needs to be called out on things that major competitors do significantly better. One of them is the track your dream site for when you order a Porsche. Lotus North America is pretty much non-existent to a degree that is shocking. For an area that has more than 2,500 pre-orders for a 100K car (that's 250 MIL per year in sales) to have a support network to be non-existent is unacceptable. Oh, and maybe get a damn picture of DV!
Everything you said is absolutely true. If no one had said a thing to Lotus, and they didn't realize any of this, your point would be well made and timely. My point is it's been said to death already. They know. Einstein's definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Complaining and criticizing about the same things repeatedly isn't going to force a change any quicker than it would the first few times it was said. They know. Either they're going to change, or they're not. Either things are going to improve, or they're not. Now it's just a waiting game.

At some point, customer cars are going to be produced and shipped. Once that happens, then we'll have something to talk about. Hopefully that won't be much longer, but in the meantime we just have to be patient until that happens.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Everything you said is absolutely true. If no one had said a thing to Lotus, and they didn't realize any of this, your point would be well made and timely. My point is it's been said to death already. They know. Einstein's definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Complaining and criticizing about the same things repeatedly isn't going to force a change any quicker than it would the first few times it was said. They know. Either they're going to change, or they're not. Either things are going to improve, or they're not. Now it's just a waiting game.

At some point, customer cars are going to be produced and shipped. Once that happens, then we'll have something to talk about. Hopefully that won't be much longer, but in the meantime we just have to be patient until that happens.
Again, I agree.... I have a story about this - Had a friend once that did not eat any pork. We would go for breakfast every Saturday morning to the same place and he would ask for turkey bacon with his eggs. The server replied the same every time " sorry we don't carry that". After a month I asked him why he kept asking the same server the same question if he already knew the answer... His response was "you'll see". After 8 months and asking the same question for 32 weeks, they finally added turkey bacon to the menu. He was happy and order two servings, and ordered it every time he went again. He said "they needed to know that they were losing money, it's the only way they will change menu". It's been 3 years and turkey bacon is still on the menu.

I get that it is exhausting hearing the same complaints over and over and over again. But I would rather the people on the forum kept complaining and voicing their issue. Maybe Lotus will understand that changing some things will result in better sales and retention. They are a business and ultimately making money is what matters. These forums are EXTREMELY important to future buyers of any Lotus. People do a huge amount of research these days and the forums like us, Ferrari chat, rennlist and others hold weight and can sway people's opinions.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I nominate Mr. Grumpy Pants to be the president of the Gripe and Complain department. Hmm... sounds like an old Monty Python skit.
I'm not grumpy in life at all. But I do work in Customer Service and appreciate up front and honest communication.
I think there is a want to do this within Lotus but it's being stifled and I don't know why. So being a man of the world and having experienced a few companies going through rapid change and growth, I have to put it down to someone in a senior position not being very good at their job.
Do like a bit of Monty Python tho. When we see and get to feel a production ready car...

Screenshot_20220718-195621_Google.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Again, I agree.... I have a story about this - Had a friend once that did not eat any pork. We would go for breakfast every Saturday morning to the same place and he would ask for turkey bacon with his eggs. The server replied the same every time " sorry we don't carry that". After a month I asked him why he kept asking the same server the same question if he already knew the answer... His response was "you'll see". After 8 months and asking the same question for 32 weeks, they finally added turkey bacon to the menu. He was happy and order two servings, and ordered it every time he went again. He said "they needed to know that they were losing money, it's the only way they will change menu". It's been 3 years and turkey bacon is still on the menu.

I get that it is exhausting hearing the same complaints over and over and over again. But I would rather the people on the forum kept complaining and voicing their issue. Maybe Lotus will understand that changing some things will result in better sales and retention. They are a business and ultimately making money is what matters. These forums are EXTREMELY important to future buyers of any Lotus. People do a huge amount of research these days and the forums like us, Ferrari chat, rennlist and others hold weight and can sway people's opinions.
Lol what a guy. They probably noticed that a customer who comes in and buys breakfast every Saturday for 32 weeks would be somebody to pay attention to. Buy 32 Emiras and I guarantee you'll be able to speak face-to-face with Matt Windle and tell him the changes you'd like to see, and he'd take you seriously.

What's really going to change things is what happens once cars are delivered. Yes they look at the forums, but we have maybe a dozen or so people in here who are vocal. Lotus however, has thousands of deposits. There's going to be customer satisfaction surveys once we get our cars, and that's where the numbers will tell the story. If they start getting hundreds of the same type of complaints/criticisms/observations in those surveys, that can change things.

I HOPE they're already planning/working on making the changes they need to make, and aren't caught flat-footed when the customer satisfaction surveys start coming in. We'll see.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lol what a guy. They probably noticed that a customer who comes in and buys breakfast every Saturday for 32 weeks would be somebody to pay attention to. Buy 32 Emiras and I guarantee you'll be able to speak face-to-face with Matt Windle and tell him the changes you'd like to see, and he'd take you seriously.

What's really going to change things is what happens once cars are delivered. Yes they look at the forums, but we have maybe a dozen or so people in here who are vocal. Lotus however, has thousands of deposits. There's going to be customer satisfaction surveys once we get our cars, and that's where the numbers will tell the story. If they start getting hundreds of the same type of complaints/criticisms/observations in those surveys, that can change things.

I HOPE they're already planning/working on making the changes they need to make, and aren't caught flat-footed when the customer satisfaction surveys start coming in. We'll see.
I think it's fair to say that 90% members not just on this but all forums, could draw up a list of the same top 5 complaints.
I dont really expect Lotus tondo anything about them at this stage, but it doesn't make them any the less important to prospective purchasers