Henry Catchpole - Carfection review

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is very exciting. Im just looking fwd to the glorious looking video content. The Emira wont have looked better in any previous content Im sure! :love:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
*edited…

If they want clicks just say there’s a few shots of DV in real life. That’ll get a click or two.

Then just make sure there’s enough shots of the Shadow car(s) to make someone ask if it’s DV.

Done.

#ForTheWhereIsTheDVCrowd

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can’t imagine this review is going to be much different than his first one?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
He was more positive on the white prototype car than he was on his written EVO review, so my question would be what has changed... he drove the touring with Goodyear tyres in prototype form, and the the sport plus Goodyear for his EVO one.. interested to hear what he has to say in the video review... what did Lotus change from the prototype to the pre-prod and why if it made the car drive 'worse'

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What are they doing, testing the delay process too? "We've had our video in pre-release form for a month, and it's close to final spec, but we still have some final tweaks and adjustments to make, so please bear with us. We appreciate your patience and promise you, it will be a Lotus review. It will be worth the wait."

I appreciate Henry wanting to be thorough and fair, but this is going just a bit too far. ;)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw this on instagram....Is it possible that Henry went back to Hethel after the road trip to try out a different variant to get a better idea for something he didn't like...Hence the wait on his review???

Interesting comment from our good friend Jethro.....

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.23.59 PM.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe they've done a Sports/Cup2s and Touring/Goodyears comparison after their experience with Sports/Goodyears for the road test write up and track video? They were offered a Sports/Cup2s car to do a further test.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe they've done a Sports/Cup2s and Touring/Goodyears comparison after their experience with Sports/Goodyears for the road test write up and track video? They were offered a Sports/Cup2s car to do a further test.
That's what I thought when I saw that, and would explain why his review has taken so long. Carfection and Top Gear were the first one's to go out to Hethel to review the Emira, so I think if Henry got the chance to try out another variant he wouldn't say no!

PhilCP

Reaction score
Henry's review in EVO was fairly complementary of the Sports/Goodyear combo. Just served to confuse me even more :confused:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe Henry did what Harry did, and called Lotus to talk about performance characteristics that were unexpected? So like they did with Harry, Lotus sent another car to Henry? It will be interesting to hear the details on this.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What are they doing, testing the delay process too? "We've had our video in pre-release form for a month, and it's close to final spec, but we still have some final tweaks and adjustments to make, so please bear with us. We appreciate your patience and promise you, it will be a Lotus review. It will be worth the wait."

I appreciate Henry wanting to be thorough and fair, but this is going just a bit too far. ;)
No. No. No.

“Dear @Eagle7,

Thank you for becoming a priority Emira customer.

You’re in the fast lane and we’ll let you know first about any important Emira updates as they occur.

In the meantime, you can look forward to experiencing delays regarding your vehicle along with delays regarding your vehicle reviews.

Welcome to Emira. Not just another sports car. The other sports car.

Lotus Cars USA”

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmm. Maybe Henry did what Harry did, and called Lotus to talk about performance characteristics that were unexpected? So like they did with Harry, Lotus sent another car to Henry? It will be interesting to hear the details on this.

They didn't send him another car during the test drive. They offered Evo another car after hearing about the Anglesey track test.

I assumed it would be a Sports/Cup2s car for another track test, but it would be handy if it was a Touring/Goodyears car for comparison.