Carfection video, first test...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
V6 manual!! Yes!!

Prototype though... would have been cool to see an official production model. I guess this explains the exclusive white color.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not bad :)..... clearly they wanted to get something out there, as they had promised, letting him test a prototype could of gone wrong, but seems like he likes the car......sounds dam good. That he thinks the car will be better on the open round is good to hear......... not every one will ever want to go to the track :) Can i have mine in white now please

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad :)..... clearly they wanted to get something out there, as they had promised, letting him test a prototype could of gone wrong, but seems like he likes the car......sounds dam good. That he thinks the car will be better on the open round is good to hear......... not every one will ever want to go to the track :) Can i have mine in white now please

Why the hell would Lotus give the press a car without final steering and suspension?! I can understand the interior bits (I guess), but we don't need a prototype review. :mad:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why the hell would Lotus give the press a car without final steering and suspension?! I can understand the interior bits (I guess), but we don't need a prototype review. :mad:
Oh .... dont worry I understand what you saying..... totally .... and yes :mad::(. But they said they was going to be reviews....
and if they had put them off any longer...... it would of kicked off big time......

Lotus are trying hard, but still have a long way to go...... I tried getting a writen copy of the warranty today.... erm.... nope they said..... not long now till cars go to customers.... and they can not give me warranty doc :oops:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh .... dont worry I understand what you saying..... totally .... and yes :mad::(. But they said they were goingbe reviews.... and if they had put them off any longer...... it would of kicked off big time...... Lotus are trying had, but still have a long way to go...... I tried getting a writen copy of the warranty today.... erm.... nope they said..... not long now till car go to customers.... and they can not give me warranty doc :oops:
Well I guess this is just the "on track" review.. Catchpole said he's looking forward to do the "full non-prototype review" soon... so that's something.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What in the ever loving hell?!! They literally started full customer production this week and they couldn't give these journalists a production-equivalent vehicle when they were testing just three or four weeks ago??

I swear to God, it just boggles the mind. I've had to pause this video 3 and a half minutes in because 90% of those 3 minutes has been occupied with CAVEATS rather than meaningful impressions.

Way to waste everyone's time, Lotus. I just cannot understand the logic here. At all.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
He also mentioned the non finalized brakes and exhaust note too. Geeze... this is the same car Chris Harris had too. Hopefully both Carfection and Motor Trend will do a full production review with a finalized First Edition at some point SOON!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The grin on his face as he was driving it around tells the story for me. It's a fun car to be in and drive. Sounds great too. If it's already this good, and they're still tweaking it, the production models should be truly great. He seemed to be just fine with the touring suspension so I'm comfortable with that choice. His comments about driver visibility were also good. Obviously it would have been nice to have a production car, but even as a VP car, it looks like he was impressed with how it drove. It'll be interesting to see what Chris has to say about it.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Definitely very excited to finally see a proper video of the car! However a bit worrisome almost every single thing he mentioned was a rapid prototype or 3D printed part... Those headrests look super goofy to me. I really hope this was a car built many months ago, considering production was supposed to start today.

Regardless, grateful to finally see a white car in motion! Looks great, very much looking forward to more.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
But wait is it a prototype?

Reminds me of Eminem. OK, I’m white, poor, from a trailer park. Now what?

Here are all the things you’d pick on if you see them in this video…

Alpinestars jacket? Lotus didn’t want to at least keep their brand in front?

This isn’t a review. This is a pre-inspection before the real reviews.

This is a pre-preview-review. Sad.

Don’t get me wrong, love anything we can get, and they’re honest, but the focus seems to be on the “not ready” items and barely scratched on anything “final” that we will get…

#ForTheWTF

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The biggest point to me was when he said it has the same wheelbase as an Evora but it feels like a smaller car. During the Smoking Tire Podcast Gavan Kershaw talks about the difference of being spun around with your arms out or with your arms in close to your body. This was his description of what they have done with the Emira's weight distribution. So Gavan said it feels more nimble or "turnable."

Heavier and bigger than Evora but yet, at least this video says that, it feels smaller. I think that is excellent news.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
sigh, the first impression 30 seconds in: the engine bay still looks like it's held together with lawnmower clamps. Why in the F would you send out prototypes for press reviews.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
sigh, the first impression 30 seconds in: the engine bay still looks like it's held together with lawnmower clamps. Why in the F would you send out prototypes for press reviews.

Ferrari also uses Lawnmower clamps, just so you know.