Henry Catchpole - Carfection review

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This could be the review to end all reviews. Maybe he backs to back all the Emira suspension and tyre options and compares with a Cayman GTS and Evora GT410 😅

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
He was more positive on the white prototype car than he was on his written EVO review, so my question would be what has changed... he drove the touring with Goodyear tyres in prototype form, and the the sport plus Goodyear for his EVO one.. interested to hear what he has to say in the video review... what did Lotus change from the prototype to the pre-prod and why if it made the car drive 'worse'
This is a theme from all the reviews and the Harris review is with the earlier pre-prod, so he could change his mind…

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Here's an exclusive for you! I was just on a live chat with Henry Catchpole and he told me that the Carfection Emira review video is currently being edited.

Maybe they've done a Sports/Cup2s and Touring/Goodyears comparison after their experience with Sports/Goodyears for the road test write up and track video? They were offered a Sports/Cup2s car to do a further test.
Is it not possible he drove the Race version GT around the track at hethel? That would to me make more sense the way jethro mentions it as something a bit different..... which to me implies a bit more special than just tyre change. It would also be a good and quick answer from Lotus to the infamous GT4 comparison, ie compare apples with apples.. kind of.

We shall see, place your bets....

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This could be the review to end all reviews. Maybe he backs to back all the Emira suspension and tyre options and compares with a Cayman GTS and Evora GT410 😅
I still trust Harry and Shmee as they say the car is great, not that I’m biased., I do like Henry though, here’s hoping it’s objective like his first video, I hope Lotus left him one of their pasties in the car for his lunch!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it not possible he drove the Race version GT around the track at hethel? That would to me make more sense the way jethro mentions it as something a bit different..... which to me implies a bit more special than just tyre change. It would also be a good and quick answer from Lotus to the infamous GT4 comparison, ie compare apples with apples.. kind of.

We shall see, place your bets....

Except driving an Emira GT4 isn't an apples to apples comparison - it's a £165k track-only race car with a roll cage, sequential gearbox and no cup holders...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Except driving an Emira GT4 isn't an apples to apples comparison - it's a £165k track-only race car with a roll cage, sequential gearbox and no cup holders...
yes... indeed, hence the "kind of", just as Evo's track test wasnt apples to apples, but it would highlight what Lotus can do and give an idea of where they are heading...again.. kind of...
I think he drove that car...if he went to hethel, thats my bet, 5 pounds

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's Cup 2 versus cup-holders comparison.
May the best grip win

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Strange. Can only think they’ve decided nothing to add & holding it till the cars start to be delivered to get a few more hits with the surge in interest. Or it’s been spiked.
To be fair, in his written column he was pretty much aligned to Sutcliffe/Jethro/Meaden so not holding my breath for anything to wow me. Although, I’m sure he’ll make it interesting as he always does!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Strange. Can only think they’ve decided nothing to add & holding it till the cars start to be delivered to get a few more hits with the surge in interest. Or it’s been spiked.
To be fair, in his written column he was pretty much aligned to Sutcliffe/Jethro/Meaden so not holding my breath for anything to wow me. Although, I’m sure he’ll make it interesting as he always does!
Yes it's really odd that he's about the only one that hasn't published a video review. Maybe they're redoing the whole thing with the second car Lotus sent?

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My bet is on 25th July will be published