nobody-tells-me-nothin.gif

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why would there be a new embargo?
Because...... there were one or two lying around in the Media Centre
and it was the Intern's chance to call some shots and score some credits for the resume while it was still a cool thing to do.
Lotus:
Last Of The Upcoming Stories

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would be good to see a preproduction i4 being reviewed. I was sure when I did the factory tour a few months back there were test cars at Hethel.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would be good to see a preproduction i4 being reviewed. I was sure when I did the factory tour a few months back there were test cars at Hethel.
They had pre-prod i4s last year, they just don’t seem happy to let anyone see or hear them yet.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Aren’t the cars in Europe the same review cars from the UK?

For the pedants - yes I know… still in Europe…you know what I mean…

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes they are. The same Seneca, Hethel, Magma, Nimbus and Shadow cars that were at Goodwood.

The Dark Verdant car still isn’t allowed out to play, after being mean to the other press cars back at Hethel just before Goodwood :)

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Only explanation I can think of is Lotus aren’t happy with the way it turned out and are making adjustments to the colour…

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

If it turns out like the configurator green I will switch my damn order and suffer the additional delay.

View attachment 7405
Is this dark verdant?? I have specced DV - I think this looks stunning! /. Never mind I found its empire green.

Is empire green and DV the same?

Last edited:

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s the date for the European press reviews. It’s the same yellow press car.
I don’t doubt you but, Huh? The Europeans don’t get our internet? Is this normal? Especially as most of the cars I saw in the last embargo were LHD…

You’re a source of great insight Tom, Thankyou. Lotus really should be paying you with all the work you put in for them.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I don’t doubt you but, Huh? The Europeans don’t get our internet? Is this normal? Especially as most of the cars I saw in the last embargo were LHD…

You’re a source of great insight Tom, Thankyou. Lotus really should be paying you with all the work you put in for them.
Agree, not sure I understand the logic. UK > Continental Europe?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is this dark verdant?? I have specced DV - I think this looks stunning! /. Never mind I found its empire green.

Is empire green and DV the same?
That is NOT Dark Verdant. It's an Elise color called Empire Green. Which (to be quite confusing for everyone) is a different color from the Empire Green that was sold on the Evora.

Here is the response from Lotus Cars Thailand to my thread trying to identify the exact color of this Elise... they confirm and describe the color in detail and provide additional photos:

The color disc image inset on the upper right is what Lotus showed at the Emira roadshows as Dark Verdant, and the particular color disc I used here is from the same location on the same day shot with the same camera under the same lighting. The online configurator is also similar. All point to the DV color on Emira being very similar to this particular Empire Green.

BUT... the painted DV cars look nothing like that, they are near-black and not particularly identifiable as green at a distance. It's the cause of a lot of angst and negative customer feedback on this (and other) forums online.

Last edited:

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That is NOT Dark Verdant. It's an Elise color called Empire Green. Which (to be quite confusing for everyone) is a different color from the Empire Green that was sold on the Evora.

Here is the response from Lotus Cars Thailand to my thread trying to identify the exact color of this Elise... they confirm and describe the color in detail and provide additional photos:

The color disc image inset on the upper right is what Lotus showed at the Emira roadshows as Dark Verdant, and the particular color disc I used here is from the same location on the same day shot with the same camera under the same lighting. The online configurator is also similar. All point to the DV color on Emira being very similar to this particular Empire Green.

BUT... the painted DV cars look nothing like that, they are near-black and not particularly identifiable as green at a distance. It's the cause of a lot of angst and negative customer feedback on this (and other) forums online.
I saw an Emira in Bury St Edmunds yesterday morning only got within 6 cars of it in a queue, but as you comment about DV above the car was in a dark colour, looked vaguely green to me but could have been Shadow Grey. Glad I went for bright blue!!!!
Still looked brilliant though!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense. The previous round of reviews were predominantly the UK motoring press, with some international. Now and over the next month will be continental European press for local magazines/online and in native languages. But what extra insights are the German, French etc reviewers going to add compared to the previous UK reviews? Plus in many countries the V6 will be so heavily taxed that very few will buy it and interest will mainly be in the i4, which they're not providing to reviewers yet.

This is supposed to be a global car and yet the press reviews seem to be regional. I'm guessing the dealer demo cars for the US will be given to US press reviewers first, or there will be a fleet of press cars for the US. What then, press cars for Asia next?

Maybe there's a plan, but it all looks rather haphazard.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense. The previous round of reviews were predominantly the UK motoring press, with some international. Now and over the next month will be continental European press for local magazines/online and in native languages. But what extra insights are the German, French etc reviewers going to add compared to the previous UK reviews? Plus in many countries the V6 will be so heavily taxed that very few will buy it and interest will mainly be in the i4, which they're not providing to reviewers yet.

This is supposed to be a global car and yet the press reviews seem to be regional. I'm guessing the dealer demo cars for the US will be given to US press reviewers first, or there will be a fleet of press cars for the US. What then, press cars for Asia next?

Maybe there's a plan, but it all looks rather haphazard.
A central European launch and fly everyone over affair would have made more sense.
I guess it's all being done on a shoestring though old Lotus style and they also didn't have enough cars early on to do anything that grand.
Definitely interested to hear what the non UK motoring press have to say. There are enough differences between UK/EU roads and reviewer attitude/'affiliation' towards Lotus that we may get some good further insights into the actual dynamics of the car.