First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just a thought, would Stoneacre Lotus Durham be closer to you than a 3 hour drive?
Oh my days i could actually walk there 🚶‍♀️if only it was still a Lotus dealership- they still haven’t even taken the Lotus sign down

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A Newcastle dealership should be coming in the next 12 months, so 45-60 mins away?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A Newcastle dealership should be coming in the next 12 months, so 45-60 mins away?
Tom yes I heard that on the grapevine but not as 100% definite- but oh that would be spot on it it does transpire - that’s a big tick in box as not far if I encounter any issues and for servicing of course 👍

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In the last few days, UK dealers/agents have been getting paperwork(agreements) from Lotus regarding their loan cars, which are production test cars for the likes of you and me to drive.
The cars have trackers and will be geo-fenced.
Anticipated deliveries are 1st-2nd week in August.
Hi guys, on this subject. Had a chat with my friendly neighbourhood Lotus dealer today to register for a test drive. No need apparently as I am already on the list. He did say he has a demonstrator coming, but all he was told was sometime in August. Interestingly, he could specify a colour, but not Sport/Touring, Goodyear/Cup2. As this apparently is what Lotus decides the dealers are having. Thoughts anyone 🤔

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi guys, on this subject. Had a chat with my friendly neighbourhood Lotus dealer today to register for a test drive. No need apparently as I am already on the list. He did say he has a demonstrator coming, but all he was told was sometime in August. Interestingly, he could specify a colour, but not Sport/Touring, Goodyear/Cup2. As this apparently is what Lotus decides the dealers are having. Thoughts anyone 🤔
Makes sense, they probably want different versions at different dealers. So if you want to try the different variant it's somewhere to do so. If dealers all specced tour or sport there may not be the variety Lotus would want out there.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My dealer has had full input on the spec they wanted, suspension and tyres as well as exterior colour and interior. Lotus HQ then did a cross-reference across all the UK dealers to ensure there was a decent mix across the regions.

HQ have also specified some cars for a central pool the dealers can draw from if needed.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom yes I heard that on the grapevine but not as 100% definite- but oh that would be spot on it it does transpire - that’s a big tick in box as not far if I encounter any issues and for servicing of course 👍
It was also in a press release from Lotus, so slightly more solid than a rumour! As we know, that’s still no guarantee with Lotus but at least indicates intent.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Makes sense, they probably want different versions at different dealers. So if you want to try the different variant it's somewhere to do so. If dealers all specced tour or sport there may not be the variety Lotus would want out there.
Just wondering, have you been given any indication on possible delivery dates. I note you are from Canada.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Glad it looks likely you will be getting a dealer a little closer. Will make things much easier for you.👍

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would love to do what Harry's Garage did. Drive Sport/Cup2 then Touring/Goodyear back to back on the same road.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm also tempted by a 570s or maybe a 991 GT3?

(I'd just much rather have been looking in spring if we'd known the length of the delays on the Emira.)
Still prefer the Emira.

Enough performance on the road. Running costs not £5k plus per year. Not an 8 year old car.

And around £20k cheaper.

And the Emira looks much better than both!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Almost August - has still not 1 person know date they getting car delivered ? I thought a small few were July and August or again that just rubbish. The the Nimbus that Matt stood in front of saying it was a customer car was again was that bs ? So Lotus literally can’t pin point anything that is supposedly happening within next 4 weeks ? I’ve got a work trip mid August that I was wanting to do test drive same time ( to save a whole day trip for test ride ) and can’t even plan this as no- one got a clue when cars are turning up.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
None due to be delivered in July, majority due in September, might be a few in August. So any 30 day calls for Aug would be this/next week. I'm due an update later today on mine, although may still be "we can't tell you more specifically yet".

Demo cars are due at UK dealers during Aug - probably week 2 and 3.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
None due to be delivered in July, majority due in September, might be a few in August. So any 30 day calls for Aug would be this/next week. I'm due an update later today on mine, although may still be "we can't tell you more specifically yet".

Demo cars are due at UK dealers during Aug - probably week 2 and 3.
Buying a new car from Lotus :
Its like being cast in castaway abandoned on a desert island 🏝 with no water, starved of communication and human contact, a total sense of loss, frustration and anxiety time is simply away. I’ve been stranded here for over a year now, how did I get here ? Seduced by a dream, will I ever be rescued and drive away into the sunset 🌅 ? My dream and self ebb is slowly diminishing by the day. The summer sun ☀️ is setting it will soon be cold 🥶 and a long dark winter then I’ll be trapped until next year until Spring is on the horizon. Please 🙏🏼 give me the strength I need to continue and see this through to the end so close but still so far, I have come this far but still no end in sight still. Will I fall along the wayside, forgotten, overlooked, I’m fading fast I need substance, truth and deliverance 🫥😶‍🌫️🫡 and MY CAR ! 🚗 🙏🏼

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I understand and we're all on the same desert island. I've been waiting 3+ months longer than most. Count your blessings that you were moved up the queue several months compared to your original deposit - it could have been even later. Glass half full 🥃

Flashback

Reaction score
Still prefer the Emira.

Enough performance on the road. Running costs not £5k plus per year. Not an 8 year old car.

And around £20k cheaper.

And the Emira looks much better than both!

I don't disagree (other than the costs, because 570s and GT3 depreciation is so insignificant) but of the 3 cars, there's only 2 of them I could have been driving this summer...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Its like being cast in castaway abandoned on a desert island 🏝 with no water, starved of communication and human contact, a total sense of loss, frustration and anxiety time is simply away. I’ve been stranded here for over a year now, how did I get here ? Seduced by a dream, will I ever be rescued and drive away into the sunset 🌅 ? My dream and self ebb is slowly diminishing by the day. The summer sun ☀️ is setting it will soon be cold 🥶 and a long dark winter then I’ll be trapped until next year until Spring is on the horizon. Please 🙏🏼 give me the strength I need to continue and see this through to the end so close but still so far, I have come this far but still no end in sight still. Will I fall along the wayside, forgotten, overlooked, I’m fading fast I need substance, truth and deliverance 🫥😶‍🌫️🫡 and MY CAR ! 🚗 🙏🏼
Just to put some context around this and the world we are currently living in a friend of mine ordered a motor home in July last year which was due March this year. Every 3 months he gets a call to say it will be soon, and then 3 months later another call it will be soon :)

Appreciate we are heading to Autumn :(

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just to put some context around this and the world we are currently living in a friend of mine ordered a motor home in July last year which was due March this year. Every 3 months he gets a call to say it will be soon, and then 3 months later another call it will be soon :)

Appreciate we are heading to Autumn :(
As i have previously said. In the Lotus dictionary, what is the definition of the word 'soon'? Appears to be the same as your friends motor home company.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Brilliantly put Sir. I am guessing many on this forum feel the same. I certainly do.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oh my days i could actually walk there 🚶‍♀️if only it was still a Lotus dealership- they still haven’t even taken the Lotus sign down
Perhaps you could ask them for the sign to put in your garage. Just think, it will be an antique sign by the time you get your Emira.

Status
Not open for further replies.