First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha, me too! I went to a McLaren event last weekend to drive the Artura and see their P1 GTR and Speedtail.

The 570s is awesome... so many options too! Twice as expensive as the Emira though (with no options and no manual transmission available).

View attachment 7610

Here's the P1 GTR

20220716_112447.jpg

20220716_115405.jpg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've cracked and gone back to my autotrader addiction, it had been cured but these delays have meant sadly I've regressed back to my old ways.
Same...
I love this. Shame it's not a Gen 2

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have to say, that is a great looking car, if somewhat a little out of my price range. Three weeks ago I had to go to a customers house. The conversation somehow got on to subject of cars, unusually for me ofcourse.🤣 He took me into his garage and there was a 720s. WOW. A striking looking car. I've never been that close to one. He said it was not powerful enough in standard trim, as you would, so had a chap with some spanners tune it to 940 bhp. I think that should now be more than adequate.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That’s very strong money being asked.. doesn’t that engine have the bore scoring issue?
Technically yes. It's probably a 28k car, but then it looks like it has had 15k worth of work or more.
Looks awesome through my eyes 👀 🤩🥰

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Although I cancelled yesterday, I’m sure the car will come. Some in next couple of months and hopefully more in autumn. Nothing else new will come sooner realistically.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I've cracked and gone back to my autotrader addiction, it had been cured but these delays have meant sadly I've regressed back to my old ways.
Gosh, me too! Audi R8, V8 Vantage, Giulia Quadrofoglio.... Haha, all over the map! Wishing it was 3 years ago when 458's were still realistically priced.

Last edited:

Flashback

Reaction score
I'm also tempted by a 570s or maybe a 991 GT3?

(I'd just much rather have been looking in spring if we'd known the length of the delays on the Emira.)

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm also tempted by a 570s or maybe a 991 GT3?

(I'd just much rather have been looking in spring if we'd known the length of the delays on the Emira.)
I changed my order to an i4, mainly to give me some breathing room and see if things settle down. I can make a decision Jan time. If Lotus are still all over the place (no news at all on the i4 yet!) I'll can cancel the order and buy something else.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I changed my order to an i4, mainly to give me some breathing room and see if things settle down. I can make a decision Jan time. If Lotus are still all over the place (no news at all on the i4 yet!) I'll can cancel the order and buy something else.
I'm actually considering the same,or even base,will give me a few years with a Mclaren given the rate of delays from Lotus and I won't still be toyless...

Take note Lotus

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hahah same here I have really been trying to keep off it and go cold Turkey. I won’t buy as it’s now too near but just in case don’t think she’s worth £80k but I am feeling positive from the feedback so thinking and hoping I love her - but I’m certainly not lovin Lotus as a company and I have a niggling concern what if I have any issues that will be a complete pain as I’m 3 hrs away from a dealership and will I receive quality service ????

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hahah same here I have really been trying to keep off it and go cold Turkey. I won’t buy as it’s now too near but just in case don’t think she’s worth £80k but I am feeling positive from the feedback so thinking and hoping I love her - but I’m certainly not lovin Lotus as a company and I have a niggling concern what if I have any issues that will be a complete pain as I’m 3 hrs away from a dealership and will I receive quality service ????
The buying experience should be a pleasure, if it’s bad now,, when things go wrong with faults it’s gonna be nightmare.
Imagine trying to get a loan car..

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The buying experience should be a pleasure, if it’s bad now,, when things go wrong with faults it’s gonna be nightmare.
Imagine trying to get a loan car..
Just a thought, would Stoneacre Lotus Durham be closer to you than driving 3 hours?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just a thought, would Stoneacre Lotus Durham be closer to you than a 3 hour drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.